100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Dishonored forum

Looks promising...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2011 9:50:05 AM PST
Trent says:
If bethesda has proven one thing, it is that they have the capability to put out awesome games. They don't always make a huge mark, but often do. Dishonored looks pretty cool from the screenshots, too bad it's over a year away...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 9:49:28 AM PST
Sal says:
Just remember that this may be published by Bethesda, this does not mean it was made by Bethesda Game Studio (The makers of Fallout 3, Oblivion and Skyrim) another game studio may have actually made the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 9:26:55 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
you are correct. it is published by Bethesda. its developed by Arkay Studios. but yes it does look promising

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 7:40:57 AM PDT
B. Scott says:
why is there zero description of the game on Amazon...?

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 8:18:35 AM PDT
Even though it's made by Arkay, I would say that the fact that Bethesa thinks highly enough of them to publish it would still give it atleast a little promise though..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 7:59:11 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 2, 2012 7:59:26 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 11:14:23 AM PDT
kaosrogue says:
Bethesda also published Brink and Rogue Warrior which weren't very good. They also published Hunted the Demon's Forge, which i thought was a great game, but apparently not many others agreed. But i do have high hopes for this game.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 7:43:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2012 7:45:57 PM PDT
D. Lynch says:
There's "zero description" right now because the game doesn't even have a release date yet (the "December 31" on the listing right now is just a placeholder). But it does look promising. Although, as others have pointed out, it is not developed by Bethesda, just published by them. Hunted, Brink, and Rogue Warrior were all published but not developed by Bethesda as well and they all weren't great (though I did rather like Brink). And then there was Wet... ugh...

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 6:54:32 PM PDT
Jason Krol says:
First official trailer posted: http://www.youtube.com/user/bethesdasoftworks?v=E1HlYTukh9A

Looks pretty promising! Everyone is comparing it to something so Ill give it a shot: BioShock meets Assassins Creed ;)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 6:27:45 PM PDT
It's more like Thief meets Assassin's Creed. Thief is a huge influence, from the first person view, the emphasis on stealth, and the steampunk inspired setting. And of course, Assassin's Creed with the whole "assassination" bend.

Granted, it seems to be it's own game. I don't think comparing it to those two games does it any favors.

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:17:48 AM PDT
Mike says:
I hope they throw in a 3rd person view option like they do in Skyrim.

Posted on May 18, 2012 9:45:17 PM PDT
Is this going to be open world free roam, or is it going to be pretty much linear game play? They dont tell us how many hours of gameplay were likely to get out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 7:53:08 AM PDT
Tiny says:
On the product feature it says "The world is yours to discover."

So most likely free roam

Posted on May 19, 2012 4:08:20 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
This game hasn't really been on my radar until I saw some info in screenshots in a recent issue of one of the magazines I get. Now, I'm kind of getting hyped for it. I think I'll go ahead and pre-order.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:57:08 PM PDT
M.B says:
I saw this game at e3 and looks good, Just preorder this bad boy.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:55:43 AM PDT
Natacon says:
Looks pretty good to me. I don't know if I'll necessarily preorder, but if the reviews are fairly good then I'll pick it up. Always wary to pick up a game right at release. Still, supernatural + assassin? Yes please!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 7:17:22 PM PDT
Do publishers just focus on advertisements, game case designs and other superifical things? What do they do exactly? It makes me wonder why I don't see the developers' names on the front of the case instead of the publishers' names.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dishonored forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dishonored by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars (677)