1,116 of 1,134 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Rules for Looney Tunes
Animation legend Chuck Jones had a mythic set of ground rules for his ingenious Road Runner series: the setting was always the desert, the characters never spoke, the Road Runner never left the road, the Coyote never caught the Road Runner, etc. A similar set of rules seems at work in THE GOLDEN COLLECTION introductory DVD presentation of Warner Bros. animated shorts...
Published on March 23, 2004 by Doctor Mabuse

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see Looney Tunes on DVD, but expected better
I was happy to see that Warner Brothers finally released a huge collection of the classic cartoons on DVD, but I must admit, I would like to have seen a better episode selection. There wasn't enough of the obscure, and hardly seen episodes. The majority of these episodes are either on the Cartoon Network, or previously released videos. Don't get me wrong....overall, I...
Published on January 4, 2004 by heekiesavin@yahoo.com

‹ Previous | 149 50 5157 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Survive Life Without Looney Tunes, July 27, 2005
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
I can't see why you'd want to proceed through life without Looney Tunes. I grew up watching these, and remember when someone quoted the Saturday morning cartoon show have 72 acts of violence per hour. Oh well.

I have the Golden Collection Volume One and Two, and am impatiently awaiting Volume Three. Great to see these cartoons, I am not horribly picky about which are released, I'm just happy they're released! With each volume there are more great cartoons. Each dvd has special features, interviews, and facts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 24, 2009
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
I love these old bugs bunny cartoon's, the only thing was they had a lot of dust showing on the video from the original films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to have it!, January 29, 2009
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
I already had a copy of this, and somehow it went missing! It's a great collection, and a must for Warner Bros. fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Technicolor doesn't fade - cheap video does, August 16, 2003
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
Since a majority of Looney Tunes cartoons were shot in Technicolor, there's no reason to fear that the color will fade. I have seen 60 year old Bugs Bunny cartoons that dazzle the eye far better than today's animation. The reason so many of these cartoons look crummy on TV is ancient video transfers that were poorly supervised.
That said, this is an amazing first round of a collection. Of course it doesn't have the essential 56 cartoons since there will be more boxsets on the way. The Boys From Termite Terrace will be great to see - especially since a VHS copy of the hour long docu cost as much as this 4 DVD set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah!!! Looney Tunes Again!!!, March 9, 2007
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
I love being able to sit down on Saturday mornings again and watch all my favorite characters. Carttons today are wacky. If I had kids, I wouldn't let them watch it. Every Saturday morning I'm gonna have a huge DVD rack filled with old Disney movies, Looney Tunes and all my generation carttons so they don't have to be forced to watch this crap today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looney Tunes DVD great condition, January 18, 2009
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
The product was great. The shows were very clear and the item came in the mail fast!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like this, you will love the less expensive version, November 4, 2004
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
I love these cartoons but they are a bit pricy but it is worth it . I think these are some of the best cartoons available. The new Anime cartoons have a plastic look to them. These cartoons are art. You can hang every frame on the wall and it would look good.I also bought Classic Cartoons (B00063QD6G) for $7.99 The less expensive version was a much better value. It was two full hours and the picture seems to be better than the golden collection somehow (on OUR TV). If you are going to buy this definitley buy the Classic Cartoons (B00063QD6G) with it and you will see what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 21, 2014
Ok

5.0 out of 5 stars HUBBY LOVES IT, February 5, 2008
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
MY HUSBAND MISSES THE SATURDAY MORNING OLD TIME CARTOONS... NOW HE HAS THEM BACK. THX!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like I Remember, August 22, 2004
Paul Molinaro (Chino Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1 (DVD)
Yeah, this is good stuff... four solid DVD's of childhood memories... some that I hadn't seen in quite a few years... a must have for us older older brothers and sisters of the Gen X'ers.

‹ Previous | 149 50 5157 | Next ›