Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, 4-disc DVD collec...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $64.92 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, 4-disc DVD collection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
They're the crown princes of animation. They're the international ambassadors of cartoon comedy. They're the fabulously funny friends you grew up with! And now, 56 of the very best animated shorts starring the very wackiest Warner Bros. cartoon characters have been rounded up on DVD for the first time ever in The Looney Tunes Golden Collection! Just barely contained in four special edition discs, each specially selected short has been brilliantly restored and re-mastered to its original, uncut, anvil-dropping, laughter-inducing glory! Featuring some of the very earliest, ground-breaking on-screen appearances of many all-time Looney Tunes favorites, it's an unprecedented celebration for cartoon-lovers eager to re-live the heady, hilarious, golden age of Warner Bros. animation! Sparkling with one unforgettable, landmark animated marvel after another, there's that icon of carrot-crunching aplomb, Bugs Bunny, in a dazzling assortment of his very best classic shorts. Also highlighted in their own delightfully zany series of cartoon gems: the ever-flustered Daffy Duck and eternal straight-man Porky Pig. Plus, all the rest of the beloved Looney Tunes lineup starring in some of the most wildly imaginative cartoon shorts ever created! Including an array of exclusive bonus DVD features from expert commentaries to insights into the evolution of these classic characters, this is the ultimate animated experience for anyonewho's ever thrilled to the timeless query: "Ehhh? what's up, Doc?"]]>
Top Customer Reviews
1. The majority of the fifty-six motion pictures included are artistically valuable and the collection as a whole is a sheer delight which belongs in the library of anyone who loves classic cartoons. The set includes such masterpieces and popular favorites as "Duck Amuck", "Bully for Bugs", "Deduce You Say", "Fast and Furry-ous", "Long-Haired Hare", "Rabbit of Seville", "Rabbit Fire", "Rabbit Seasoning", "The Scarlet Pumpernickel", "Wabbit Twouble" and "Duck Dodgers in the 24-1/2 Century". All the films, even the weakest, deserve preservation, restoration and DVD availability.
2. The selection of complete shorts spans two decades (1940-59), according to year of initial theatrical release. This means that the heyday of Porky Pig (1936-39) is excluded, along with the historic Harman-Ising period (1930-33) and such early characters as Bosko, Buddy and Foxy. On the other hand, the set is also free of material from the Warner cartoon studio's years of decline (1960-64) and decay (1965-69).
3. Within the 1940-59 span is an intensive focus on the six-year "middle" period 1948-53, when the Warner cartoons were at their technical zenith. Fully half of the films in the collection were released during the three peak years of 1949-51 (ten in 1950 alone).Read more ›
Volume One: Disc One
1.Baseball Bugs (Friz Freleng)
2.Rabbit Seasoning (Chuck Jones)
3.Long-Haired Hare (Chuck Jones)
4.High Diving Hare (Friz Freleng)
5.Bully for Bugs (Chuck Jones)
6.What's Up Doc? (Robert McKimson)
7.Rabbit's Kin (Robert McKimson)
8.Water, Water Every Hare (Chuck Jones)
9.Big House Bunny (Friz Freleng)
10.Big Top Bunny (Robert McKimson)
11.My Bunny Lies Over the Sea (Chuck Jones)
12.Wabbit Twouble (Bob Clampett)
13.Ballot Box Bunny (Friz Freleng)
14.Rabbit of Seville (Chuck Jones)
Volume One: Disc Two
1.Duck Amuck (Chuck Jones)
2.Dough for the Do-Do (Bob Clampett)
3.Drip Along Daffy (Chuck Jones)
4.Scaredy Cat (Chuck Jones)
5.The Ducksters (Chuck Jones)
6.The Scarlet Pumpernickel (Chuck Jones)
7.Yankee Doodle Daffy (Friz Freleng)
8.Porky Chops (Arthur Davis)
9.Wearing of the Grin (Chuck Jones)
10.Read more ›
ANSWER: My favorite DVD of the year. Possibly of all time.
The original LOONEY TUNES gang is back, and boy do they look terrific. Warner Home Video has compiled a terrific selection of 56 animated gems starring Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky, Pig, Elmer Fudd, along with dozens of other characters, and added hours and hours of bonus features and documentaries. This is sure to become a perennial in anyone's serious DVD collection.
Best of all, the cartoons have been GORGEOUSLY restored. Restoration means bringing something back to its ORIGINAL form, and that's what Warner Bros. has lovingly done here. The glorious Technicolor imagery is mind-boggling, the animation art is sharp and clear. So sharp and clear that you see can even see the dust that was on the original cels these cartoons were painted on.
Thank heavens Warner didn't go the route that Disney did with SLEEPING BEAUTY and monkey around with these images, wiping out all traces of the original cel animation and making them look like CGI. No, it's beautiful old-style animation, and each cartoon has been restored to look as they did when they first hit theater screens decades ago.
Each cartoon on this collection is an American classic in its own right. Happily these classics have not been tampered with, but are presented with the utmost respect and attention for the masterpieces they truly are.
It's hard to believe, but Warner Brothers is reportedly not sure that these cartoons can sell. This set is a test to see whether DVD collectors are in the market for Looney Tunes fully restored and presented with in-depth extras. If the set sells well, there will be more big boxes like this one, with still more cartoons (including earlier classics that are still in the process of restoration). If it doesn't sell, all we'll get is bare-bones samplers aimed at kids alone.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased the whole 'Golden Collection' set for my Husband. He LOVES Chuck Jones & Looney Tunes. He really liked this compilation. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Whatdidudo
My son has had countless hours of laughs watching these timeless classic cartoons.Published 2 months ago by Roy W. Cartwright
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Golden Collections versus Spotlight Collections question||
Yes, all cartoons in the 'Spotlight Collection' volumes are included in the 'Golden Collection' volumes, plus much more.
'TV shows on dvd.com' states that the first five volumes of the 'Spotlight Collections' use the first two discs of each year's 'Golden Collection' and are meant to be 'family... Read More
Feb 12, 2009 by steve | See all 2 posts
|Looney Tunes Democrat vs. Republican episode||
It was a Popeye cartoon, "Olive Oyl for President."
Jan 21, 2010 by Gregory Method | See all 3 posts
|What's the best collection for a Daffy fan?||
It's "Quackodile Tears", it's hysterical, and it's not available on DVD yet.
Mar 20, 2008 by demanding consumer | See all 15 posts
|Help With The Name of Looney Tune Episode.||
1. The taxi cab one is a Tex Avery short called One Cab's Family.
2. Curtain Razor, with Porky, involves a talent show audtion where rejects are dropped through a trap door. I haven't seen it on the Golden Collections.
There may have been more than one of this type of cartoon with auditions for... Read More
Jul 26, 2008 by Baron Sardonicus | See all 45 posts
|Looney Tunes on Blu-ray ?||
I do not think they have any plans to release Loony Toons on Blu-Ray, I have the feeling that it would be too expensive for the companies.
Jun 12, 2011 by Nicholas Azzilonna | See all 3 posts
|Help me sort this out||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 3-6 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Classics
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Sports
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > TV Game Shows
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Horror
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Westerns
- Movies & TV > TV