5.0 out of 5 stars Loose Shoes
Not for everybody, however, you'll either love or hate this "movie" as it is really just a series of promos/coming attractions. Bill Murray is in fine form and between those reading this and myself, my oldest brother and I are STILL using quotes from this movie, as would anyone who knows...
Hope you find it worth while.
I also remember the day I found it for...
Published on March 17, 2012 by Pontifex

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't get that dang song out of my head!
Okay, I saw this in the theatre back in Aug of 1980! Yes, I know I'm dating myself, even moreso by saying my boyfriend actually thought this would be a good date. The best thing I can say about the movie is that the popcorn at the Capitol theatre was fresh. The movie, however, stunk.

Now, maybe I was too young to 'get' this type of humour, but the whole movie...
Published on July 31, 2008 by Maria

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't get that dang song out of my head!, July 31, 2008
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)

Now, maybe I was too young to 'get' this type of humour, but the whole movie is a bunch of 'shorts' strung together. Yeah, like movie promos that just wouldn't end. I don't remember laughing, but we did, in fact manage to sit through the whole thing.

I do remember one thing, however, the final skit had a little blues ditty and a soft shoe in the most unlikely places. It's the song that gives the movie it's title. I won't spoil it for you by typing the words, but I will say that 28 years later, I can still hear the dang thing resonating in my head. I still bop my head just a little to the incessant tune, never daring to utter it's base words. Sometimes, the song gives me a little smile, because remembering it means I survived sitting through even this movie, and other times because of the nostalgia of something from my youth. Once, I even contemplated searching youtube for just that clip, but dared not, lest it further ingrain those words into my brain.

This movie is not for just anyone. If you love the finer points of comedy and might be able to see it for an example parodying it's day, then rent it, but understand two things before you do. First, it does not have any kind of storyline and second, you will be humming that tune to your grave.

Enter at your own risk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loose Shoes, March 17, 2012
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)
Hope you find it worth while.
I also remember the day I found it for sale in a used bin w/in the local BlockBuster Video (then called "Major Video"), and the clerk ranking on me for it being "the worst movie he ever saw".
My buddy worked at that same video store (was actually the manager whose opinions of movies were well respected by both myself and his employees) and together we schooled this kid about the "underground cult classic" this movie actually was/is. Anyway, that same clerk walked away thinking that he should have bought the movie by the time we were finished.
All in all, one of my favorites with tons of classic lines, if you go that route...

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing scenes - find a better DVD, September 26, 2009
J. C. Foster (Overland Park, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)
This DVD is really low quality. The sound is very low, and the movie is even missing scenes... what the heck?

I'm not expecting Criterion treatment here, but skip this version in particular. The movie is worth a few bucks for the five or six truly funny scenes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bill Murray Lite, May 15, 2009
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)
This is a series of sketch comedy. Some work, some don't, but none of them are laugh out loud funny. I bought this for the Bill Murray piece. Unfortunately, I've seen better (and worse) pieces by him on Saturday Night Live. I should have bought that. The Woody Allen take off is okay. To be fair, I made the purchase fully expecting tripe. I was just hoping for a better Bill Murray character. I would have rated it one star, but there is just enough going for it, to keep me from throwing it out after I watched once. This is one you'll have to buy, if you want to see it, because I highly doubt that it's on any rental or library shelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this movie..., April 13, 2013
This review is from: Loose Shoes (VHS Tape)
If you liked KentuckyFriedMovie, and AmazonWomenOnTheMoon, then this is the movie for you!! I had somehow never seen this one myself until recently. Comedy works so well in this tv-sketch style. What you get, essentially, is a madcap collection of movie promos and teasers coupled around special announcements. The SCTV brand of humor is stamped over much of this one, probably due to the involvement of SecondCity allumni IraMiller who co-wrote and directed this fine movie parody. They spoof on everything from HowardHughes & WoodyAllen to B-Movies & TheWizardOfOz. They really don't make 'em like this anymore, which makes it all the more special. Funny, wacky, entertaining, and just a lot of fun.. Thumbs Up!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Shoes, March 12, 2010
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)
Note: DVDs of LOOSE SHOES are heavily edited, with nearly 20 minutes missing from most. This VHS however is unexpurgated.

A minor comedy often advertised as a Bill Murray picture when he only cameos.

LOOSE SHOES (1980) was scripted in part by Royce D. Applegate, plus he's in it. Applegate plays doomed Reb General Kemper in the 4-hour war epic, GETTYSBURG (1992).

"Loose Shoes" (aka "Coming Attractions," aka "Quackers") is blackout sketch comedy, much like STAY TUNED (1992), Robert Downey Sr.'s AMERICA [VHS] (1986), THE GROOVE TUBE (1974) or Abrams & Zucker's KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE (1977). The theme here is movie trailers.

With narration (in-part) from Gary Owens and Harry Shearer, cameos include Murray, Buddy Hackett, Jaye P. Morgan, Howard Hesseman, Avery Schreiber, Betty Thomas, Susan Tyrrell, Rikki Marin and Van Dyke Parks, of all people! There's good imitations of Chaplin, Ma & Pa Kettle, Woody Allen, Cab Calloway (doing the naughty title song) and others. Billy Curtis reprises his "Mayor of Munchkin City" character in an Oz parody that stars Billy Jack.

It's silly, it's 70s, it's so... so... so-so.

1.0 out of 5 stars this DVD is pathetic !!!!, May 28, 2009
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)
Having remembered this on VHS from years ago you would have thought that this DVD would have been remastered or something of an upgrade at least from video tape. However it is NOT, it is absolute crud ! Poor video & audio quality all round not even worthy of 1 star. A very poor release don't waste your money. Francis the talking pig deserves better than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, June 20, 2010
This review is from: Loose Shoes (DVD)
I should have returned this movie, bunch of short clips, I would not recommend this movie

Loose Shoes
Loose Shoes by Bill Murray (VHS Tape)
$99.99