Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Loose Tooth (My First I Can Read)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 13, 2012
My 5-year-old grandson has his first loose tooth. He is also reading small words and on the cusp of starting to read a lot. This book has great but simple pictures that are very appealing, few words per page (2 to 6 mostly) with words and phrases repeating, and goes through the steps of losing a tooth. My grandson read almost all of it the first day. At $3.99, it is a great value.
on August 15, 2014
I discovered this author, Lola M. Schaefer on the web while browsing for children's books. I bought "Loose Tooth" for my grandson who lives in the United Kingdom. He is a todder & hasn't begun to loose teeth yet but I thought this book would be nice to have on hand when that stage of his life comes. The book is simple, well illustrated, colorful & large print. The story explains what to possibly expect when you get a loose tooth. I recommend this book for other children, especially those that are in the "loose tooth" stage.
LOOSE TOOTH is a fun little book for children who are reading at the Kindergarten level.

The story is about a boy who wakes up one morning to find that his tooth is loose. He's excited the same way that my children were when they were little. Bouncing around with energy. He says:

I can see it.
I can feel it.
I can pull it.
I can push it.

But it won't come out!

(text from 3 pages)

The boy gleefully shows everyone, and then he tries to eat carrots and other hard foods hoping it will come out. His brother (who's a scoundrel) even offers to pull it out --with huge pliers!

The artwork in LOOSE TOOTH is very appealing, as is the text. I don't know about your children but mine were fascinated with the whole tooth replacement phenomena. And Schaefer's book is a fun one to share.
on January 2, 2013
First readers love this book, because give them the opportunity to read by themselves and learn new words. Also this book is appropiate for kids who are losing their tooth,soothe them and give them comfort on the process. I recommend this book to anyone.
on July 11, 2011
Our Granddaughter came for a sleepover last week and "found" this Loose Tooth book on her pillow. She was DELIGHTED she sat up and said "Nana you bought this book just for me!!!!!!" Her first front tooth is LOOSE and the story is light and nor frightening she knows this tooth has to come out and it put a laughable spin on reality. GREAT BOOK.
Waking up to the discovery of a loose tooth! This might happen at your house someday – be prepared. This little boy can see it wiggle, and he can feel it wiggle. But even when he pushes and pulls it doesn’t come out.

Now it’s time for some serious action- he bites an apple, bites a carrot and chews some nuts, but still – it doesn’t come out. What will be the outcome?
on June 20, 2016
I bought this for my 5 year old who had a very loose tooth. She loved it. The story is about a boy who has a loose tooth that won't fall out. He shows his loose tooth to each of his family members. All of them give him different ideas of how to get it out. Then it finally falls out on its own. This story is a nice way of teaching a child to be patient and wait for the tooth to fall out on its own.
on September 2, 2014
Gave as a gift to a friend's daughter. She is entering the first grade and enjoys reading it with her sister. Doesn't mention the tooth fairy, so a a great choice if you are choosing not to introduce that character.
on September 12, 2015
Our son thinks that now he is loosing his teeth and thinks that the tooth fairy is coming. However, this book is a great teaching tool for explaining about the fact that they will loose their teeth one. Great book! Large print and clear.
Cynthia B.
on August 26, 2014
This book let my granddaughter know that everything she's been experiencing with her first loose tooth was common and other kids feel the same way. Her first tooth came out the same way the child in the book, even though he was a boy, it was totally relatable...don't let the gender stop you from purchasing. A simple and good read.