- Size (LWH): 5.12 inches, 2.52 inches, 5.12 inches
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
Looxcie LX2 Wearable Video Cam for iPhone and Android - Retail Packaging - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Instant clip creation and sharing to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, i-Cloud
- Adjustable design for optimizing fit and comfort
- Up to 5 hours of video storage
- Lightweight design: only 22g (less than 1 oz. )
- Clips saved in iTunes-compatible format (mp4)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Share your experiences as they happen with Looxcie -- the world's first handsfree, wear-and-share video cam that lets you share clips instantly or stream live video. Just wear Looxcie, let it point where you look, and it captures what you see. Want to share what's happening? Press the Live button to stream instantly to friends and family. Or press the Instant Clip button, and Looxcie instantly uploads the last 30 seconds of what happened to Facebook, iCloud, Twitter, YouTube, or email via your smartphone. Wirelessly. Only Looxcie lets you share your life as you live it -- so you'll never miss a thing.
Package Type: Standard Packaging
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
1. Great small size
2. Bluetooth integration with smart phone is an A+ idea.
a. You can control settings.
b. You can see/ensure it's pointing in the direction you want.
c. You can review video, (although it looks choppy via bluetooth)
d. Haven't tested it yet, cuz I probably will never use it, but you can have it instantly upload videos.
3. Night mode is pretty decent, although movements can get more blurred. Fast camera panning in this mode will show blurry video, but mounted it to my helmet, took a ride on my motorcycle, and the video was pretty good! It was way brighter than the youtube video from 808yewtube (search for her) using the HD170 Stealth. Maybe not as smooth/sharp, but definitely brighter. Though you lose detail next to bright light sources.
1. Video quality is so so, but of course, that's in the specs anyways (480p), and the lens is small. I never knew what 480p meant...all it means is regular 640x480 video. 320p is simply 480x320 video. But good enough for my needs.
2. Making video clips has problems.
a. When trying to make a clip from the looping buffer, the "progress" bar did not reflect ALL my video I shot that day. I had to move the progress marker to the beginning, then I had to press REWIND quite a few times to get to where I wanted to start my clip. Then when the clip was created, the beginning of the clip WAS NOT where I selected, but rather somewhere in the middle of my 15 minute drive.
b. I attempted to make a second clip, this time for a snippet of time farther back. This time, there was no "creating clip" message, and it instantly said my clip was created. Upon examining the clip, it was empty.
c.Read more ›
I wasn't aware that the earpiece made a beep every 30 seconds (audible to me, not to others) when recording. That is helpful for timing use of the moments button, but a bit annoying when using for long periods of time.
I have used the Looxcie while doing street photography, particularly when getting photos of police and protesters. I take high quality imagery with my real camera, but have the Looxcie running to capture any impromptu encounters with those who don't wish to have their actions recorded. They focus on my Nikon, and not my bluetooth headset.
The Looxcie 2 comes in two memory sizes. 4GB or 5 hours of video and 8GB or 10 hours of video. The memory is divided in two so that half the memory is storage and the other half is the looping buffer. When you plug the USB cable into your computer and turn on the Looxcie it will show a little less then 2GB or 4GB depending which version you have.
Here's Amazon's link to the 4GB Looxcie: Looxcie LX2 Wearable Video Cam for iPhone and Android - Retail Packaging - Black
I bought the 8GB version from the Looxcie website because only the 4GB version is being offered at this time by Amazon. When I plugged it in I thought I had the 4GB version and had to contact tech support to figure it out. It's explained on the website but not in the documentation.
I had a specific need for a camera that I could control from my iPod Touch. I can control the camera from a good distance away which is better then expected. I have a service dog and I'm going to use it for a "dogs eye view" as I work him.
I'll update this review in a couple of months with my thoughts.
|Length: 7:23 Mins|
The device itself (not the apps) does exactly what it says. It records well. It records in a loop and you can grab clips by pressing a button, or you can review the entire buffer later, and extract clips ad hoc. It can also send a clip to youtube, facebook, twitter or by email, if you hold the same button for a few seconds. That's great. My wife loves it, and I think it's pretty amazing. It does have some downsides though.
- Video quality is pretty good. it's not HD, but it's nice. I think it's better then what you might see in a cop car's camera.
- Sound is actually better then I thought. So many people complain about sound and it wasn't bad at all. When driving, it can pick up people talking in the back seat, and me in the front.
- I like the fact it loops the video. That's pretty amazing. you just hit record and let it go.
- it works as a blue tooth device as well. that's pretty cool. my wife called me, and it went to the Looxcie - pretty cool, and then when we hung up, it was still recording. no bugs in that for me.
- It wears on my ears though to have it hanging there more then an hour. The ball cap thing might help but then it looks more conspicuous. It also pulls inward so it hangs at like a 35 degree angle. it's hard to get it to be vertically straight for me. I'm still adusting it. that might be fixable.
- I've had to restart the Looxcie device twice now, in the 4 days I've operated it. I think that's a bit much.
- It would be nice if the press to send to youtube, was instant - it really just creates a clip and attaches it to an email and basically you have to press send.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is no longer supported by the manufacturer. You can't get the iphone app any longer and the desktop app gets hung up trying to update itself. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jon X Volquardsen
They are no longer in business. The app will let you record using a Looxcie camera but it won't save any of those recordings.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent Bluetooth and cam combo, very unique product and the direct view to your iPhone to preview or use as a video cam is great. Read morePublished 3 months ago by JulianJaz
I just found this, I think is better than Looxice LX2 ?? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1723639235/happy-eye-your-another-eyes?ref=websitePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer