5.0 out of 5 stars Most are good, Some are a bit of a miss
Published 15 months ago by Rhi

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 10 isn't bad I guess
Published 3 months ago by Toad

5.0 out of 5 stars Most are good, Some are a bit of a miss, May 18, 2013
This review is from: LorAnn Hard Candy Flavoring Oils 10 Pack YOU PICK THE FLAVORS (Misc.)
I make my own coffee syrups and also add these to puddings and mousses. Since I like fruity flavours in my coffee, I have to be careful. The acid in most fruits will curdle milk, so while making syrups from scratch is awesome, you have to sort of watch it. These flavour oils help bypass all of that, giving a good oomph of fruit flavour to a syrup that won't curdle milk without me having to add a stabalizer to my syrup.

My first order was a grab bag because I didn't remember to message the seller, so there's flavours in that batch that I won't buy on purpose, still, I've tried all of the ones I've received. I'll add my observations to each flavour I've got, and upon my next order, I'll expand.

Flavours I've purchased:

Key Lime - this one, I was very surprised. It's wonderful. A little bit in some chocolate pudding is absolutely divine. With a little green food colouring, you could add it to some vanilla pudding and make a super fast faux key lime pie. It is very true to taste, strong enough that a little goes a long way, but it isn't overpowering either. For three cups of pudding, I used about an eighth of a teaspoon, which gave a lovely, round zing to it.

Cherry - this one is absolutely foul. I really wanted to like it, I really did. But it's very medisinal. Think Robitussin or some other cough syrup. Like Vicks cherry lozenges. Really not something to work with. Also, it has a bit of a sting to it - to get anything remotely 'cherry' flavour out of it, the amount you put in leaves your mouth tingling unpleasantly. And yet, oddly, it's also very strong. I know, sounds strange, but it is. There is *nothing* I've been able to do with it to make it taste decent. Not in pie, pudding, mousse, syrup, cakes...nothing. Steer clear of it.

Chocolate - this has a good chocolate flavour, but it is also very mild. You have to use half a dram if combining it with another flavour (the fruit flavours only require a small amount, but this one requires a great deal of the bottle), or, if it's a standalone flavour, you have to use the whole bottle.

Coffee - this one needs work. It's a bit like burnt espresso, but when you mix it with some of the chocolate, it evens out. Especially if you add a smidge of vanilla extract, the coffee flavour becomes smooth rather than sort of overdone. A little goes a long way on this one too, but not as far as some of the other ones.

Cinnamon - the cinnamon is very strong, which I like. My first order tasted different than the one I've received now. The first one was like fresh cinnamon, the perfect sweet and spicy balance you'd look for in a perfect cinnamon bun. The second order though, for some reason, is different. It's more like a red hot or one of those hard candy 'fireballs' that you can get from gas stations and convenience stores. It's good in coffee however, which was what I wanted it for anyway. My next batch of syrups, I'll mix it with a little vanilla to see if that red hot candy taste will be diluted without losing the flavour.

Cotton Candy - The first taste of it is good, but the aftertaste is a little...off. Almost like a sugar substitute aftertaste. If you are able to drink diet soda and not taste the aspartame, you'll be fine and won't notice that aftertaste in whatever you flavour with this oil. But if you're like me and the taste of aspartame is like getting hit with a Mac truck, then the aftertaste from this isn't worth the delightful initial taste.

Marshmallow - Personally, I don't like this one. It has to be combined with something to bring out the taste without making it sort of chemical. (This was one that came in my first order of randomized goodies, and I'm not too impressed with this flavour.)

Lemon - This is glorious. Like the key lime, it hits all the right notes without having any aftertaste, it IS powerful however. You use this sparingly, otherwise your lips will pucker up like a fish. Still, this one is well worth it. Good for candy, syrups, pies, pudding, and I also added some to some vodka to steep and gain flavour, which has resulted in an excellent addition to my home bar.

Lemonade - You would think this one wouldn't be all that different from the lemon, but it is, just enough for you to feel like it's a lemon head candy, a zip of extra sweet and sour to it. It's not bad, it's pretty good, but compared to the lemon, I prefer the straight lemon to the lemonade.

Raspberry - Okay, this one, again, like the key lime and lemon, is a god send. You have to use more than the lemon or the key lime to get the sort of intensity you would want in a flavour syrup for coffee/drinks, but not a whole lot. It blends very well with the chocolate, resulting in a wonderful syrup to add to my coffee as a treat.

Coconut - It's very coconut-y. Which is good, because I love coconut. Like the chocolate one though, you *do* have to use a lot of it to get oomph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal For D.I.Y. Vaping Fun, June 7, 2012
This is a great deal for Vapers that want to try DIY for the first time. I have been mixing about 1 dram per 25ml of vegetable glycerin (no nicotine) just for fun to see what flavors I like and if it tastes as good as some basic e-liquid flavors I have tried. I must point out that this review is for people 18 years or older who have switched to vaping from smoking and want to try DIY liquid without committing a lot of money. This 10 pack plus a 5 dollar bottle of VG from wally mart is a great way to get your feet wet and if you make a mistake it's no big deal because of how inexpensive all the materials are. But be careful as not all the flavors are water soluble. Do some research and try to get flavors that are mostly made up of propylene glycol....Apple, Cherry and Blueberry are all good examples of this. Avoid Almond and Wintergreen. Vaping forums have complete lists for the flavors that are ok to vape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, January 6, 2012
Just received these flavoring oils, had to immediately try them out! They smell and taste wonderful. They seem much stronger than most kinds you find at the store so a little goes a long way! The bottles are good quality and clearly labeled. None of flavors taste or smell artificial like some types normally do. I really recommend these. There are many unique and hard to find flavors listed, I haven't tried them all yet but I plan to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Double check if using for vaping, July 7, 2014
Great for make eliquid for vaping. Just check the ingredients and flavors against this list if you are going to be vaping. Some Lorann flavors are not good for vaping.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAST shipping and ACCURATE, April 21, 2013
These are perfect, they came fast and we are using these to create our own vapor flavors...worked great, Accurate, though some must be tested for strength as VAPE JUICE...but that is specific to what we are doing. Great Seller

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT! I want more!, November 15, 2012
I bought this item recently and reluctantly only to be 100% satisfied. I didn't, however, purchase these flavors to make candy. I actually bought them to create my own flavors for my electronic cigarettes. I have been buying flavors from a website in China, and they're ok, but I decided to get a little adventurous and see what I could come up with on my own. I bought the base oil from the China website, which is just like vegetable oil and nicotine. While experimenting at home, I added a couple drops of Wintergreen from a bottle of flavor extract from the kitchen cupboard, and WOW, it was great! So with that idea, I just got online and found this product. I chose 10 different flavors and was pretty excited when it came in the mail. Out of all of them, I have to say that Watermelon and Chocolate/Hazelnut make the best smoking flavors for the e-cigarette. I thought the Clove would be great, but not so much. Even the Bubble Gum was pretty awesome. The flavors are so pure and tasty that I can't wait to try more!

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 10 isn't bad I guess, May 19, 2014
I placed an order for the ten pack of flavoring oils. Also, it instructed to pick and send notice of the 10 flavors I would like to receive. I did, sent and e-mail to the seller advising that the order was placed through Amazon. The order arrived today, somewhat of a fair delivery time, and after inspection of the contents, I only received 4 of the flavor oils I requested. If in case this was because they were not available, I feel I should have been at least notified. If it's not because of unavailability, then why bother picking the ten flavors in the first place? The product is as advertised and good quality as stated on site. Completely satisfied with the product, just not happy with the selection I was shipped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 24, 2013
Great & strong peppermint flavour 10/10 I used it to make a cake and it was such a delicious one

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for hard candy!, November 11, 2012
These flavorings really are nice to use. I like to make hard candy for gifts. Being able to choose my own flavors and then get them in the mail so quickly is really great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the holidays!, December 9, 2012
I only went online to order oils for 2 holiday candy recipes, and stumbled across this deal. This is really not helpful in my efforts to cut my cooking addition, but it is a lot of fun. So far, everything has been yummy. And ordering the flavors was super easy...quick email to the company, and voila, 3 days later I have all the flavors I need.

Rate and Discover Movies