5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality and price than grocery store vanilla
Published on April 27, 2008 by Paula

3.0 out of 5 stars now in plastic bottles
This product used to receive 5 stars from me when the bottles were made of glass, but I just received a six pack of them and they are now in plastic. I avoid buying any food in plastic, preferring glass instead. So for me, I will cancel my LorAnn subscribe and save subscription, find another brand to purchase, and am over and out.
Published 8 months ago by Missouri Beth

5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality and price than grocery store vanilla, April 27, 2008
Paula (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Since the ingredients weren't printed on the Amazon listing, I contacted the manufacturer and asked before purchasing. I received a prompt, courteous, accurate reply. The ingredients are vanilla extracts and alcohol. For comparison, the ingredients in the vanilla extract we purchased at the grocery store (McCormick) were vanilla extract, water, alcohol, and corn syrup. The taste and quality of the LorAnn extract is great. It arrived very well packaged, with each individual glass bottle wrapped in bubble wrap. The product was perfectly fresh - the expiration date was about two and a half years away still. We will be using this product from now on.

Note: At the time of this review, the product photo was incorrect on the Amazon website, but the actual product we received was correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Flavor!, September 17, 2010
This review is from: LorAnn Extracts, Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract, 4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
While I love buying from Amazon, I was a bit concerned about getting vanilla extract in the mail (bottles breaking, yuck). However, everything about this product is great, including the packaging! They arrived in perfect condition. The extract itself is wonderful. The flavor, is as the label implies, pure. It's the best tasting vanilla extract I've ever had and it's much, much cheaper per ounce than buying it at the grocery store. Since there're six in a package, share it with others works well too. I'll definitely be buying this (and other LorAnn products) again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 9, 2009
This is a great-tasting vanilla without all the junk in there. I love this - it's the first time I've bought this brand and I am very pleased. We make our own vanilla ice cream and this vanilla makes it absolutely heavenly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value and Quality, using Natural Ingredients,Tastes Great!, January 3, 2011
Laura S. "beautyofthesea" (Sandpoint, ID United States) - See all my reviews
I am very impressed with LorAnn Extracts Pure Vanilla Extract, it tastes wonderfull, is a great value at only $1.36 oz. It comes in 4 oz bottles in a pack of 6. You get only what you want, no added junk or sweetners, just the vanilla extract and alcohol. It comes safely and neatly packed in a cardboard container, each glass bottle safely seperated from each other by cardboard. This is the 3rd time I've ordered from this company on Amazon and I have always been satisfied with the product and the delivery time. Excellent all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds nice flavor to cooking, July 18, 2009
I make lots of cookies, and this vanilla gives them a nice taste. Plus it was on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong with great taste, February 25, 2014
I've been baking for more than four decades. Needless to say I've gone through a lot of vanilla extract during that time. For me, they all seemed pretty much the same until I came upon the Madagascar Vanilla extract from LorAnn. This extract is far superior to anything I've tried to date. It's definitely pure extract with no fillers added. (Nothing but vanilla and alcohol.) And it's strong. I've been able to cut down on the amount suggested in most recipes and still have great vanilla flavor. Plus, I like the taste. It does have a somewhat different taste from most brands of vanilla. And so the buyer should be aware of this. However, it's an extremely pleasing taste and one that, in my opinion, enhances the end result.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Vanilla Extract, March 22, 2012
Sarah W. "Sarah" (Mannheim, Germany) - See all my reviews
The smell of this vanilla extract says it all. The flavor in baking comes through so nicely. Some vanillas have no flavor at all. This is the "secret" ingredient to many of my delicious baked goods. The aroma is fantastic!

3.0 out of 5 stars now in plastic bottles, November 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Vanilla, October 14, 2013
Happy with my purchase, this vanilla has a nice taste and seems to be of good quality. I would buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My Gosh this is great Vanilla!, September 8, 2013
I love this vanilla! This is the second time I ordered it. I get compliments every time I share my cookies and other recipes that I have used this in. I will continue to use this as long as I can get it!

Rate and Discover Movies