Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Lorax [Blu-ray]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on January 1, 2011
I recently purchased this specific DVD with this cover for my daughter. When she played the DVD, it was recorded by someone recording it, using a camera pointed at the television! It's the most expensive version available and has to be the poorest quality. Amazon is arranging for an immediate return/refund and seemed to be concerned over the matter. I am pleased with the way Amazon is handling this complaint. However BUYERS BEWARE !.
on June 17, 2011
I am a teacher and purchased this DVD to enrich our unit on environmental concerns. We did not implement the unit until the end of the year because we also teach the children about alternative energy (including solar)and it has to be sunny:) Anyway, when I put the DVD in for the first time it did not work. I tried using other DVD players and it will not read, at all:( I am very disappointed. I would love to exchange it for a working version but it doesn't look like this is possible because I made the mistake of planning ahead. I would not even give it one star but that isn't possible. A total rip off.
on October 13, 2015
The delivery was on time, but I was expecting the newly released Lorax, not the one that was done around the 60's-70's. Very disappointed in the movie its self.

Like I said, the delivery time was spot on.
on April 20, 2015
I was informed by quite a few people that this was a really good film. so I bought it, only to find out after 20 minutes of on stop songs that this was not to my liking and a waste of money. Big fan of Dr. Suess this film did not to justice to his memory.
on September 15, 2015
This is an animated version of Dr. Suess' Lorax from 1971 -- not the hit movie from 2012.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2015
Does work. Will not run!!!!
on September 11, 2014
This is not the recent Lorax. The story is very boring and the pictures not great either.
on March 22, 2012
THIS IS NOT THE 2012 MOVIE. I don't know why this edition is listed as 2012, or is exactly the same length as the Danny DeVito movie, or lacks any description other than the title. It is an old movie of very poor quality and is not worth your time, money, or that sickening feeling you will get while watching it. The short from 1978 is available for free online and is worthwhile; avoid this product! I would give it negative stars if only such a thing were possible.
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2012
Nothing against the movie. The Lorax is a great story and this cinematic version is a classic. However, this rating is based solely on this item which is a copy with ultraviolet. We aren't rating the movie, we are rating the object being sold. Ultraviolet is not a true digital copy. If people are ignorantly buying this thinking they are really getting a digital copy, think again. Force them to stop producing disk sets with ultra violet by not buying it!
on June 17, 2013
I thought I was actually buying the movie, not the download.When it said purchase the movie that what I thought I had done, I'm wiser now and will buy movies elsewhere