on November 24, 2004
This is a good figure. I like Super Poseable figures, so I liked this figure a lot. Frodo comes with 30 points of articulation, and a lot of detail. (The ring sculpted around his neck is a very nice touch.) He comes with a very detailed Sting sword, which fits in a sheath, and a nice, soft elven cloak. His headsculpt is very nice.

A good figure. You may not want it if you already have the original Elven Cloaked Frodo, but I did. Decide for yourself.
on November 7, 2004
This was so awesome. I saw it while shopping at the mall today, and immedately fell in love with it. It has an amazing likeness to Elijah Wood as Frodo, and can do lots of cool poses. Unfortunatly, when you move the legs into a pose, his sword holster breaks off. Other than that, the toy is really amazing, but its kind of annoying to play with a toy for ten minutes, and then for it to break immediately. It can do lots of cool poses though, so it is still fun to play with despite it being broken.
on July 18, 2005
Verified Purchase
This figure is Toy Biz's take on Frodo as he appears halfway on his journey to Mount Doom, where he must go to destroy The One Ring, in The Two Towers movie.
Its likeness to Elijah Wood, the actor who plays the character in the movie, is almost as good as Frodo's with Light-Up Sting, but the latter's is still the best so far.
Its detailing on the clothing and accessories though is a lot better: you can see the tiny Elven engravings on Sting's blade, the weaving on Frodo's coat fabric and even the Ring hanging on a narrow chain around its neck.
The figure comes with two removable accessories: Sting, which you can place on the scabbard hanging from Frodo's left hip, and an Elven cloak with a leaf brooch and an attached backpack. 30 points of articulation, which make it part of the "Super Posable" line, allow for a variety of movements and positions that extends well beyond that of most figures; even his hands and feet, and elbows and knees are articulated in two or more places.
This is a great figure all-around, and one that is perfect as a display piece that you'll be tempted to continually pose.
--Reviewed by M. E. Volmar
on October 18, 2005
Like many other figures in this series, the detail and likeness of Frodo is phenomenonal. I highly recommend it as toy for kids or an item for collectors.
on November 16, 2004
I bought this in a store, and is the only Frodo I've seen that actually shows him with the Ring. It is painted plastic, part of his painted clothing.

This appears to be the same likeness as the "Frodo with Light-up Sting-Sword" but this time the sword is removeable, and it comes with the ring, and also his jacket. In my opinion these two figures have the best likeness of Elijah Wood of any of the others.

I buy my figures for display rather than for playing with the weapons, and it's great for that. I can't speak for the playability really.

Frodo's hand is even poseable--I have it set up to look like he is clutching at the ring, and it looks great!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations