- Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Note: Gifting is not available for this item.
- ASIN: B008Y218RK
- Release Date: November 1, 2011
- Average Customer Review: 56 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #20,988 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North [Download]
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is a co-op Action RPG that immerses you and your friends in a brutal new chapter in the War of the Ring. Snowblind Studios is in the unique position of drawing inspiration from both the literary and film rights to world of Middle-earth, allowing players to bloody their axes on a wide range of deadly enemies and traverse both established and never-before-seen locations. The result is a journey that is both epic and intimate, familiar yet unexpected.
- Action Meets RPG - Intense, visceral, and satisfying combat. Rich, layered, and impactful character progression. In War in the North, you get both. Find and equip the best loot, upgrade your hero using a wide range of skills and items, and feel the intense satisfaction of rushing into real-time battles with friends by your side. Fight through the brutal realities of the war on all fronts that were brought to life in the lore. Immerse yourself and make your own mark on Middle-earth.
- Co-op at its Core - Build your own fellowship of three heroes to confront the growing army in the North. The survival of your group and all of Middle-earth depends upon your uniquely skilled heroes working together. You must fight together or you will die alone, and these high stakes make the experience of playing together both socially engaging and incredibly satisfying. The first time you rescue a friend who has been grabbed by a troll and is desperately yelling for help, you will understand what we mean.
- An Untold Story - While much attention and focus has been placed on the journey of the One Ring, the assault on Middle-earth hits all corners of the map. War in the North turns our attention towards an integral part of the storyline that is grounded in details within the books and various appendices. This is not someone else’s fight. This is your own effort to forage a way through the dark, dangerous, and unknown landscape, defending all that is yours. This is your war.
STEAM Client required to activate.
|OS:||Win 7, Vista and XP|
|Processor:||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or AMD 64 X2 4400|
|Hard Drive:||10 GB|
|Video Card:||2006 or later GeForce 8600 or Radeon HD 2600|
|Additional Info:||DirectX: 9.0c|
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: WAR IN THE NORTH software © 2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Snowblind Studios, Inc. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © 2011 New Line Productions, Inc. All The Lord of the Rings content other than content from the New Line films © 2011 The Saul Zaentz Company, d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises (“SZC”). The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, The Lord of the Rings, and the names of the characters, events, items, and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of SZC under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. All rights reserved. SNOWBLIND STUDIOS LOGO, WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
|Hard Disk:||none specified|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
You take on the role of dwarf, elf, or man, and you can switch characters as you go along. I found it easiest to play the Dúnedain ranger the first time through, then I switched to the dwarf for Heroic mode. Of course, having a friend or two alongside you to team up together is probably a lot of fun, but I only played single player mode - where my comrades sometimes served as pretty weak links. You can be tearing through a whole party of goblins and trolls, but you're usually screwed if your comrades both fall in battle - having to go heal one or both of them during a fight can get annoying (and usually leads to your own death). Along with their unique fighting skills, though, different characters also introduce a few different secondary story elements, thus making the game less monotonous on replay.Read more ›
The game has loot, you find rare chests or at times items just laying around. You can equip the different loot and at times you are presented with a store like feature that allows you to buy new weapons and so on. You level your character just like any RPG game. The customization is limited to allowing you to choose from a beard type, or hair type. 3 different playable characters all with their distinct abilities and different ways to be upgraded. You can switch to any character and you are not limited to playing only as one.
The gameplay does get a bit repetitive. You fight similar enemies through the game and your magic abilities do add a bit of variety. I feel like the game can get stale after a bit, and if playing alone, it may get stale faster than it would if you had a partner to play with.
3/5 for me
The Graphics, audio and game play were all well done. I ran the game maxed out and it ran at exactly 60 fps on my XFX 7950 @ default.
I like the game 'Dishonored' but not the graphics; this game's graphics was just simply better. I wish that Dishonored had this graphics. I never got a game play glitch, the game ran smoothly.
There are however two things I don't like about this game.
1. The game save management is next to none-existent. You can only save once in the game and your new save overwrites the previous one, that is simply unacceptable in today's way of gaming. Computers pc or consoles now have very large disk space and very capable hardware's, there is now reason why a player shouldn't be given the option to have multiple saves as they desire. I won't knock off a star because of that but this way of doing things should change for future releases.
I did get around this by finding the save game folder (pc) and manually copy to the file to another folder whenever I wanted to save a particular point, which worked.
2. You can't customized/upgrade all three characters at the same time, only the one you start the level with, that's just awful. Your supporting characters dies easily because you can't upgrade them with better gear even though your main character gets upgraded. That should really be changed likewise for future releases.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I Have Great 2015 Pc Games Titles, Windows 8.1 pro Keys, Xbxox One cards, All On Sale PayPal Accepted!!
www.buypckeys. Read more
This is a really fun hack and slash game which hearkens back to the PS2-era action RPGs that I used to love. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Kyle S.
Bought as a retail purchase and added to my Steam library. Good fun in single player, lots of fun if you can find anyone to play co-op. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Mad Matt
This isn't even an old game yet it blues teens my oc every time. A waste of $20 I'll say...Published 12 months ago by Dalton johnson
Love this game! It's a hack-and-slash type of game with a great side story to the Lord of the Rings series. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Juliana B.
Pretty fun, got through the game in 2 days though. Not a very long RPG.Published 14 months ago by noumenalboy