Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Showing 1-10 of 626 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on September 18, 2011
Of all the classics on prayer, none is more helpful than this brief work. Murray never hammers, but entreats, then lovingly explains how to do what he is advocating. You will be helped more than challenged, and given a taste of what waits for you in his "With Christ in the School of Prayer"
0Comment85 of 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2012
Andrew Murray was always known for his great work "Absolute Surrender", however, this work is none other than a classic, simple, straight forward, and he actually did what he set out to do, which was to help the reader pray. He left out the academics,and hermeneutics, that could have easily doubled the size of the book, confounded the reader, and had him to miss his point. He wrote succinctly, but shared a lot of depth that came from years of praying. I was ready to put my Kindle down and pray!
11 comment64 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
I honestly feel I was Spirit led to read this book. I knew how to pray and why to pray, but I lacked consistency in my prayer life. Upon completion of this book (which took a few days because it is short) I have been disciplined in the area of prayer for the last 4 months! I know my prayer life has grown considerably due to the encouraging words of this book. If you want to learn important aspects of prayer then I recommend this book to you. I pray it will touch your prayer life as it did mine.
0Comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2012
During my seminary education in the mid eighties this book by Murray was required reading. It was a book that made an impact on my prayer life at that time. Some years ago I passed onto my son my library of books as he too was studying for a theological degree and this book was one which he received. Since then I have the desire to read it again and when I saw it as a "free" e-book I jumped at the opportunity of obtaining it. Now that I have re-read it, it has once again impacted my prayer life afresh.
Should you bother reading it? No matter how close we are to the Father, He still desires for us to draw closer. This book will assist you in doing that.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
Andrew Murray is one of my favorites when it comes to solid biblical doctrine, especially concerning prayer. Easy to read and understand in spite of the more traditional writing style of his generation. I totally recommend this small book for a deeper understanding of what is needed in a Christian's prayer life.
on March 19, 2012
Wonderful book. Full of inspiration taking you back to basics with prayer. Explains in a step by step way how to come before God humbly and honestly in a true form of worship.
on November 24, 2012
This book was very educational to the searching soul to learn to become closet to my our father God. For the person wanting to learn and not only listen this is step one. Awsome
on November 24, 2012
I read from this book daily, especially in conjunction with kmy daily bible study. It always offers a unique, if not old fashioned way, to discuss the importance of prayer in a chrisitians life
on January 19, 2014
Murray first explains who God is "Spirit" and what it means to pray in "Spirit and Truth". Then breaks down each element needed for effective prayer, by using the model Jesus have us. He shows us how simple prayer is that we have access to God every moment of our life, but so complex that it will take a lifetime of practice to perfect. My favorite insight is that worship is our life and our life is worship.
on October 26, 2012
Andrew Murray is a father of the Christian faith. This book is a shorter timeless classic.  It is a plea and guide for a greater life of prayer. I am further encouraged by his Pastoral exhortations NOT condemnations. Quick read. If not for the older english one could easily read in one sitting- and perhaps you can.