Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on February 22, 2007
If you having been seraching for a book to learn how to study the Word of God, this book is perfect for you. I have been so blessed so far even I am only in my first week of the study. The inductive way of studying the Bible will allow you to discover the WORD youself. The book is so easy to follow, and most importantly, it teaches the truth. Again, Kay has done it!!!
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2007
This is one of the best of Kay's Lord Series Books! My husband and I are using this study in our Sunday School class doing one lesson each week. You can do it as written where you do a study each day and complete it all in 4 weeks. This book presents the Inductive method of studying the Bible so that you are really observing exactly what it says, rather than just deciding what you think it says. You will learn good study habits which will be of great benefit to anyone who wishes to learn. What a great tool and so easy to follow. Try it and be encouraged.

C. Hopler from North Carolina :)
0Comment43 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2009
This makes a great gift (after you've read it) for people who want to read the Bible but don't know where to start. Appropriate for adults and serious teens.
Kay Arthur gets a little crazy with colored pens and such, but they are VERY effective. She is a great teacher.
on July 26, 2008
Our women's bible study at church selected this book, and we are doing it 2 lessons per week for 14 weeks. If you want to learn how to read the bible and make it personal, this is the book to use. What a joy and blessing to read and understand God's Word! It is especially good for new Christians who may be intimidated by the Bible. I highly recommend this book.
on September 12, 2009
If you are serious about wanting to know what the Word of God is about and wanting to learn it for yourself and not relying on what others tell you it says - then this is the method for you! But you have to be willing to DO it - not just read it. At first, it may seem mechanical to you and might say "why should I do all this"? I'll tell you why - because if you stick with it and get over the mechanical feel of it - the payback is enormous!!! You will see Truth for yourself and Jesus said - the Truth will set you free!
You will learn how every chapter relates to the book and how to understand everything within its context and you will discover all this for yourself and truly understand the Word of God.
This method will enable you to study any and all books of the Bible for yourself.
on September 26, 2011
I bought this copy of Lord, Teach Me to Study the Bible in 28 Days as a gift to a friend. She is a new Christian and needed encouragement to establish an effective daily Bible study plan. Kay Arthur's book, if heeded, will do just that. If all a person can spare is 10 minutes per day, then that is where they should begin this exciting adventure.
on June 14, 2010
This book is a step by step guide in learning to study the Bible inductively. It will require a small amount of study each day, but the rewards are great. I especially enjoyed the section on Jonah which is weeks 2 & 3.
on January 27, 2011
I am really enjoying learning through this system. I'm on day 22 of the 28 day program. It is very easy. I wanted to learn how to go deeper and deeper into studying my Bible and Kay Arthur's book is the perfect learning tool for me.
on March 27, 2013
I recently bought this book because I used to be involved in an inductive Bible study with my church - but they cancelled it. I wanted to learn more about this method so that I could continue studying the Bible on my own and it had GREAT reviews... but honestly, I started out very un-impressed.

Towards the beginning I was reading 2-3 days (or chapters) at a time and still not getting much out of it. It was going much too slow for me. What I do love is that Ms. Arthur doesn't give away any answers. She sends you on what I'm calling "Bible Errands". She gives you an errand to do in your own Bible (or in the selected Bible text in the back of the book) and then suggests what to do with what you find to draw your own conclusions. It felt great on the days when I found some profound truth all on my own... but then it was often 3 days later before I found another one. Some days she was totally excited about something that I just didn't see, and that made me feel a little inadequate and very frustrated - especially when she asked me to apply it.

At the same time that I bought this, I bought the New Inductive Study Bible, and it has much of the same information - only while Ms. Arthur's book drags it out at an unbelievably slow pace, the study Bible lists it all up front and it's almost too much to take in. I'd love to find a book about inductive Bible study that was somewhere in between the two.

I haven't decided if I'll recommend this book yet or not. I've contemplated using it to teach my kids about inductive Bible study - they should handle the pace of this book well. Or it might (and I emphasize the might) be good for someone who has zero experience with inductive Bible study, but even then, it might be best for them to go through it with someone who has just so that on days when they don't connect the dots they don't get discouraged.
on December 27, 2012
Before doing this study I would have told you I know God's word. Truth is I only knew what others said or what others learned from studying. This book gives you the tools to learn HOW TO study for yourself. Upon completing this study your time with God in His word will totally change. You will study and begin to see truth for yourself. You will know God and His word not because someone told you about him but because YOU have studied it! I highly recommend this book to anyone desiring to know how to study the bible.