Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 17, 2011
I purchased a different model lorex 150 foot night vision camera and was amazed at the quality. That camera has beat 60mph winds, snow, and rain without a problem while still producing a clear picture since day one. For that reason I purchased the model LOREX CVC6985U and had nothing but good thoughts on my way outside to install this thing.

Thinking ahead I decided to test the camera out before climbing +15 feet in the air and mounting it. That's when the feel good story came to an end. This camera while producing a very nice picture does not recognize black and grey clothing, so it displays those colors as green. I could not believe it so I changed to another black shirt and it once again showed green. I then panned to a black garbage container and it was black, then I panned to a black grill set and it was black. However, I panned back to my black shirt and it showed green. I then went inside and randomly recorded black images around the house all of which looked fine, however, the conclusion was that once my black clothing was recorded they were green which puzzles me. I then unplugged the cable off a surveillance monitor and ran the cable to a hd tv and same deal. Green Green Green shirts and pants. I can only imagine someone installing this camera and not testing it out and end up giving the police the description of a burglar with a green shirt,green hat, and green pants. Maybe I just have a defective model. If that is the case, This review will change to reflect that once a replacement unit is had. Until then ***TEST*** this camera before you climb up the ladder.

**Update**
Replacement unit was received and the same problem mentioned above occurs. It was told to me that this model Lorex CVC6985U, was not produced with what's called an IR-Cut off filter mechanism. That means the colors will not be accurate and true to life. I wish they would state that on the box as I have and have seen plenty of other Lorex cameras and none of them have this issue. This camera is marketed as Day/night just like the rest and on the box it shows a garden, people in a store, and other outside activities. Nothing however, expresses the fact that black, grey, and other dark colors will display as loud green because the company decided to not include a filter on the lens' of the camera. I have $20 cameras that have this filter. If your a professional and know how to install this filter on the lens(You might void the warranty) this might be a good camera. However, if your one of the many D-I-Y'ers keep looking and if your buying a Lorex make sure the camera has a filter installed stock from the factory.
on March 2, 2011
I can confirm previous reviewer's observation in regards to colors. Some black, blue or violet closing appear as various levels of green. The picture is good othervise.

Night vision is good when objects are close and are at the same distance. One of my cameras is mounted over the entrance and is about 8 feet high. The field of view is pretty level. Night vision is perfect. The other one is mounted about 10 feet high over my driveway. It gets retaining wall in its view, at about 6 feet away. The wall looks very bright but the rest of the driveway is very dark. I suspect it is focusing too much on the wall so the rest just fades out.
on April 27, 2012
We have a Lorex Edge+ security system with 8 cameras. One of the cameras for the system was bad, out of the box. Lorex replaced it but charged $20 to do so, supposedly for "shipping and handling"

The CVC6985U camera was meant to be a swap-out for one which had been mounted under a second story eave. After the earlier experience with the Edge+ cameras (which the installer didn't pre-test before running cable and mounting the cameras), we decided to check out the CVC6985U beforehand. The camera had a great daytime image but failed miserably at night. Its IR pickup was non-existent and we have returned the camera to Amazon. Another Lorex camera, the much larger and more expensive CVC6999U, was used instead and has worked well.

In short, I would strongly recommend that ANY Lorex camera be tested, both in daylight and at night, before running cable and mounting the camera in its intended permanent position. 10 cameras, 2 bad is a failure rate of 20% and that figure doesn't include cameras which may fail prematurely. If it's vital to have all cameras on a security system operational, I would also recommend having a pre-tested "extra" on hand.
on December 7, 2011
I install surveillance systems for various clients some residential and some commercial. This camera installs really nice wide view with a good quality picture and infrared. I have bought good bit of these camera and only two of them have gave me any trouble. One got moisture in the inside of the camera, I opened it enough for it to evaporate so I haven't had any trouble. Now the most recent one I order the infrared is going out. Now the customer can't see at night. I hope they can fix it or send me a new one.
on April 23, 2011
I've found this camera to be perfect for my outside application. The kit cameras that came with my Lorex system were 50 degree field of view. This one is 79 degrees. Really covers all the area I wanted to cover. Haven't noticed the color variations mentioned in the other reviews yet. So far, great camera.
on September 17, 2011
This is a great camera. The picture is crisp and the night vision is good. This is by far my favorite of the four cameras I've tested. I find this is best suited mounted on the corners. I use mine to monitor the rear of my house. As for the colors at night, I'm not too concerned.
on May 16, 2011
This little camera gives a beautiful view of our rear driveway area. Although I have it plugged into an RCA input (using the included BNC to RCA adapter), you'd swear the picture is HIDEF. The night vision works great also. I highly recommend this camera. Setup was very easy.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
Installed camera. I actually don't mind the colors but it failed after working 6 months. Picture started to look blurred and it got worse until it was unusable. It is possible it is due to water. The camera is under an eve but could get wet assuming rain falls heavily. Very disappointed with this camera, particularly since it was bought to replace a lorex camera that arrived defective in a four camera DVR system. Since I shipped this out of the US its too expensive to return for warranty.

Update: Raised review to three stars...it was the power adapter that failed. The camera still works. I am keeping the rating at three stars due to the power adapter failure but think that I would buy more of these cameras due to the field of view they have (quite large)
on August 5, 2011
I am the security camera installer.
I think this is the best camera for it price.
It has high resolution picture and the excellent colored night vision about 80 fit or more.
I install about 30 cameras and all my customers very happy with the purchase.
on January 5, 2013
Works fine came right a way Thanks Service was fine on this camera. But never did get my battiers That order on battiers sucked