5.0 out of 5 stars Great baby monitor solution with high-quality video
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:40 Mins
I have tested out this product and found it to be one of the best video baby monitors to date. We had twins and there was always something going on in the nursery and yet we never found a great video monitor. This would have easily fit the bill. Highly recommended. Hope you find the video useful and if so, please click the YES box. Thanks!
Published on February 25, 2012 by R. Hammer

3.0 out of 5 stars A fine idea, but not great execution.
There's a pretty massive selection in the realm of baby monitors, but it seems the gold standard is being able to see, instead of just hearing. The Lorex video monitor accomplishes this using a creepy night vision camera, which has surprisingly good detail in the dark (once you get over you child having evil-looking glowing eyes).

Unfortunately, the Lorex falls...
Published on March 10, 2012 by Kevin Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baby monitor solution with high-quality video, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Lorex LW2004 Video Baby Monitor with 2.4-inch LCD and Automatic Night Vision (Baby Product)
Length:: 6:40 Mins

3.0 out of 5 stars A fine idea, but not great execution., March 10, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Unfortunately, the Lorex falls short of what you should expect at this price in the following areas:

1) Ease of use: If you're familiar with touch-sensitive devices, the Lorex is reasonably easy to use. But in the hands of anyone else, the controls are nothing even close to being intuitive.

2) Durability: The monitor feels really, really cheap. It's fine if you plan to keep it on a table forever, but if you're planning to clip it and work around the house, forget it.

3) Quality: The monitor seems to arbitrarily go from three signal bars to "CANNOT DETECT CAMERA" pretty often. And apparently unlike others, my monitor never seems to display color, even in broad daylight. It's either black and white or night-vision green.

The problems wouldn't be terrible if the Lorex kit cost about half as much, but it should be better for what you'd spend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising Features Detracted by Several Annoying Issues, April 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price you're paying for this particular monitor, a consumer should expect more, and unfortunately this monitor falls short of providing that. While the handheld device has an iPhone like feel to it (and price!), I assure you that the quality of the product would not meet the standards required by the folks at Apple. I have to question the other Vine reviewers who gave this monitor five stars as in my opinion it falls well short of such a rating. I find that the monitor's range is very limited, and after receiving multiple Cannot Detect Camera messages, I became extremely frustrated and switched back to using a less pricey monitor that worked much better! Pass on this monitor and spend half the price elsewhere, you will be glad that you did.

1.0 out of 5 stars honest and fair, June 27, 2012
I want to be fair in the sense that I purchased this baby monitor for our first child and it was available on a lighting deal and half off price. I was under the assumption that this would be a very streamlined product by this point and would not need to invest in the more expensive models. This was very much against my typical purchasing habits, especially with electronics (by not reviewing multiple sites/reviews). Should have stuck to my routine. This thing is not worth your time. You can tell immediately. The image quality is not important, but the fact that you cannot adjust the horrible images on both night vision to real time in second intervals is frustrating. The menu adjustments do not allow for but several alterations and essentially (in my opinion) are very limited. Functionality and peace of mind was the goal here and would not recommend for any first time parent. It pains me to write this, as I seldom give negative reviews about anything, but I am so unhappy with this purchase that I will not resell it to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars This thing *used to be* awful!, December 10, 2012
Update below ~~~~~'s.

We got this on a Lightning Deal but it still wasn't cheap. The worst part of this camera is how often it loses connection between the handheld viewer and the camera. It beeps... and beeps... and beeps. At night, if you acknowledge it then go back to sleep, it will randomly get connection later and lose it again. Each night I've used it, after about 2 hours, I've just taken the battery out altogether to try and get some sleep. The viewer loses connection at least 5-8 times in a 3 hour nap session and there's no rhyme or reason. Distance can be 5 feet or 50 and it still keeps losing it. I like the talk function, but it's loud so I have to next to whisper. The video quality is okay and I've had no problems when it switches to night vision. However, even with my twins running around the room in front of the camera, it only shows picture for 4-5 seconds before freezing for a couple seconds, then shutting off for motion to set it back off again, the feed doesn't stay on as long as they are moving or talking which could be problematic for newborns and small infants since their movements aren't running around like mad.

PROS: Video quality... that's it.
CONS:
-Constant disconnect between the units with annoying beeps until you make it stop.
-Not practical for sleeping (Especially with new babies when it's cherished!)
-Speaker into the room is too loud
-The camera does not have a bubble lens. This means you get a straight shot only where you point it instead of a wider angle - problematic for those with older toddlers who run all over the place. Especially not practical for multiples.
-The charge on the viewer is pretty awful. It claims a few hours with constant video and 7 hours with sound only. Not so. With video on we get about 30 minutes, with intermittent video, we get about and hour and with camera off, we get about 2 hours.

In short, it's useless. Truly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update, well - after going through another 4 monitors in our price range (our range under $150), this is the best there is for the price. This was my first shot and honestly it was my best. No other monitor came CLOSE to having nearly as clear night vision (all of them had half as many infrared). No other monitor came close to as clear of a picture - in fact, with this one, I'm able to use my phone and take a photo or video of the screen which has come in for a few laughs on social media, no other camera was clear or bright enough to do this. No other monitor came close to being on target with picking up the right sensitivity and being able to adjust it. So for us, this is it. It has the most bang of features for the buck.

It STILL has issues with range. Every day, several times a day minimum it beeps at me that "CAMERA IS OUT OF RANGE". I DO NOT use this to sleep. I've tried several times about 15-20 feet from the camera and for one, it beeps it's dying after an hour, and for two it beeps it is out of range all the time. For MY purpose of watching them when I'm around the house, this works. Also, while it beeps to go out of range, for some odd reason, if I hit the "talk" button, the cam comes right back on. This came in handy when I had to chase down my son who was about 200 feet away at a friends. The camera didn't want to stay in range, but I could just tap the talk button and see/hear what was going on. Also, if I don't acknowledge the camera was "out of range", the sound will come back but the picture won't.

I want to STRESS STRESS STRESS - this unit is NOT WIRELESS. It never did have a good battery life and since I bought it, it's gotten worse. I'm at less than an hour. You may be able to take it to the restroom or a quick bath, but a longer bath... forget about it unless you bring the cord. Even then, a quick shower, a load of dishes - it still ends up being "out of range" and you have to start grabbing it.

I also do not use this with other cameras so I cannot speak to how it works with the multicam functions. I have also hung this in a little bit of a weird way and drilled a small unnoticeable hole in the door to their room to run the cord out. The last thing I've adjusted is that I've found a good distance to hold the unit from me and the right tone of voice to be able to coax one twin to get in bed while not waking the other up - it took a few trials and errors (and woken screaming babies) but I got there.

So my pros and cons generally remain the same but for the price, it really cannot be beaten right now. I suspect that's why they haven't improved it to eliminate the other issues because most of the people who can only afford so much will find out that it's *just good enough* to pass the rest.

So - for all that, I'm increasing from 1 star to 3 stars. A product should always work properly and I don't feel this does, but overall, when compared to the other items on the market and it's few features that most don't have in this range, I'll have to bump to to 3 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it..., November 26, 2012
We bought this camera well before our baby was due because of the great special that was offered. When we actually used the monitoring system, we were able to quickly determine that it was a piece of junk. The average video quality was acceptable, but the unit could not retain a signal within the same room, much less across the house. The atrocious beeps when the signal was dropped made it unusable for either day or night. Customer support was non-existent and we discarded the unit. Purchased a Motorola as a replacement and have been thrilled with its performance. Lesson learned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick for us., November 12, 2012
Big Dutch (Grand Rapids, MI) - See all my reviews
I just logged on to buy an additional camera and noticed all the bad reviews. We recently moved to a new house (4 bedrooms about 3000 sq ft) and all the bedrooms are upstairs. We were pulling our hair out trying to get our 2 year old to stay in bed, went on for two months until we finally purchased this set up. I don't have any other video baby monitors to compare it to (we didn't even use our audio one for very long as our old house was so small we could hear him just fine, lol) but this really is easy to use. Hooked it up, no problem. We can talk back to him, which keeps him in his bed - works great.

I will agree with a comment about needing to turn the audio down when you are talking to the child through the monitor, it is loud, and it did scare him the first time we used it, but since then it's been fine.

One other issue, it tends to randomly lose the connection to the camera, it will beep angrily at you, and then almost immediately find it again. Notice it about once a week or so, not sure why it happens, interference or a bug, but it's only ever lasted for a second here.

This thing saved my hair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely better stuff out there, April 3, 2012
So we had a video monitor that broke and we needed a new one, I love the concept that you can talk back to the child even though there is no volume control when you do that. (wish I could turn it down because the first time I did that hit scared the crap out of my child because it's very loud) the biggest problem I have is it loses signal really easy, like when I touch the screen to check on him, if I leave his room I lose signal, i can't be in the room that is wall to wall to baby's room or any other room except the nursery with out losing signal. I bought this so I could use it at night when I was sleeping in my bedroom, not the baby's bedroom. But it won't work. (and our bedroom is 22 steps from the nursery, so not far at all. (house is 900 square feet and still can't get signal from 35 feet away from each other even though there are walls between us it should have worked. Who has a house that is all open floor with no walls or doors???) really wish my old monitor was still on the market. Would love to get my money back and get a different monitor but no clue how to do that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, November 26, 2012
Bought this as a lightning deal and didn't open it for a few months. Once I finally used it I was so mad that I didn't try it out earlier so I could return it. It has never worked from day one. I rarely have a signal with the camera even if I'm in the same room. I can't believe this piece of trash is still on the market. Save your money!!! I don't even use it anymore I use my cheap plain old walkie-talkie one. Call me paranoid but the night vision on this thing freaked me out, it's like something from Paranormal Witness. P.S. I learned the hard way that the few times the camera did work it would very quickly flash an image of the last time the camera was set off, the first time this happened it was in the middle of the night and I got the camera to turn on only to see an image of a man standing by my daughters crib. Needless to say I freaked and ran in her room, took me a little while to realize it was an image of my husband from when he put her to sleep earlier that night.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible piece of junk, October 6, 2012
Jonathan R Solinsky (Exton, PA United States) - See all my reviews
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT! It is an expensive piece of junk that will give you nothing but problems. I purchased it during an Amazon lighting deal back in April. We set it up when it arrived and have been using since June when my daughter arrived. The thing never works right. Constantly loses signal, can't detect camera, the noise detector has never functioned right and the range on this thing is dreadful. I do not have a large home, I can't get far from the babies room with out losing the picture.

I know the $99 price point is tempting but trust me when I say you will regret it. Simply a terrible, cheap product that I regret buying. It is not functional at all.

I'd like to give this product a zero star review but apparently thats not possible. I wish this product upon no one.

Rate and Discover Movies