Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lorex Professional Varifocal Security Camera LDC6081
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2012
I have two of these cameras and four Lorex CVC6985U Professional Series bullet cameras. This 600 TVL dome camera is much clearer (less grainy) than the 540 TVL bullet cameras. I believe it is because you can zoom the camera to where you want and focus it to that point. I have one pointed straight out my driveway and you CAN read a license plate at twenty five to thirty feet from the camera. The other is by my front door where I can get a great facial shot of whoever comes to the door. With the bullets the plates were a blur and the faces could only be recognized if you knew the person. I'm very happy with the dome cameras, not so much for the bullet cameras.
55 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
This camera is much better than the ones I got with the Lorex Edge+ System. It's excellent for night viewing. I can see objects much further than what's advertised. I did find it somewhat hard to mount to the outside of the house because the wiring has to go thru the base bracket and the wiring is connected to the camera but I was working off a ladder and alone so that could have made a difference. I'm going to purchese 3 more to replace the original ones I got with the system.
Would like to find a mounting bracket that had the same angle as the vinyl siding on my house with a slot for the wiring also. I think that would make for a neater,stronger and easier set up.
Overall I'm very satisfied with the cameras.
on January 25, 2013
I have a total of 4 of these exact cameras on my security system. They work better than the other bullet cameras I have on my system mainly because spiders don't make webs on them at night. The dull red illumination from IR lights on the cameras attract spiders where I live (Arizona) and they make webs all over the bullet cameras blurring the camera's view. I've tried all sorts of bug sprays and tricks to get the spiders to stop. No matter what I do after several days they come back. On these cameras I've never had one spider make a web. The picture provided by these cameras is clear. The IR lights at night have a very bright center illumination that actually washes out objects that get too close to the camera (within 10 or so feet). This camera would be even better if the IR lights were aimed at a wider angle. Even at far distances of 50'+ the IR cone of light is still fairly tight. The camera has a part that screws onto the base that I would venture to guess could eventually rust and be a pain to get get off should you have to adjust the aim of the camera. I put some nickel based anti-seize on the threads to prevent them from rusting. I don't know if they would, but better safe than sorry. This camera is built very sturdy. The metal parts appear that they could take several hard hits from a baseball bat. The lens doesn't appear to be able to take a hard hit from an object though. It appears to be of standard build quality. These cameras work well with both the supplied coax wires or with CAT5E cables if you get the correct adpators. My house had pre-wired CAT5E wires in many areas so I just tied into those wiresc for several cameras. I was concerned that that camera would take too much power, but the CAT5E wires are working fine.
on November 2, 2012
Good camera. I changed from a Lorex CVC6993 (or very similar model) and this has a much better image quality. Good wide range lens and night vision is descent. Already ordered another one for further improvements to my system.
review image
on November 20, 2012
Unfortunately I ordered a dark grey camera as advertized in the images and received it in white. When I contacted the seller to have it exchanged for the correct one I was told it only comes in white. It would have saved everyone time and money if the item was properly described and advertized to begin with.
on October 16, 2012
I was skeptical at first but this camera has delivered. Makes my other 600 TVL cameras look like junk and it's the last of all my cameras to go into night mode! Love the fact that you can zoom it and then focus it just how you want. I made the mistake of assuming all Lorex models would be good cameras but that is not the case as I also have a Lorex 7571 and it was not worth the money at all.

I definitely recommend this camera to anyone wanting the best picture night or day.
on August 19, 2013
I got this to replace a broken camera that came with my security kit. This camera has much better quality craftsmanship and better graphics. The zoom/focus functions help too. I love how you can hide the wire tucked inside the camera instead of it hanging making a much cleaner look.