5.0 out of 5 stars the wolves from east l.a. w/ mouse ears rock!!
I was listening to the cd last night and loved every tune. I've been listening to los lobos since 1983 and they are my favorite band (2nd only to the beatles).

I've been hearing about this disney album for the past 3 years and could not wait to hear their version of disney tunes.

To hear 'bella notte' sung by louie perez, who rarely does lead vocals...
Published on September 23, 2009 by Gregory Fujita

3.0 out of 5 stars Making the best of a bad situation
This is an uneven album, with some tracks seeming inspired (Heigh-Ho) and others quite pedestrian (Tiki Room). I understand this was a contractual obligation, and it seems like these fine, professional musicians made the best of a bad situation.
Published on May 9, 2010 by Richard R. Rumer

5.0 out of 5 stars the wolves from east l.a. w/ mouse ears rock!!, September 23, 2009
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (Audio CD)

To hear 'bella notte' sung by louie perez, who rarely does lead vocals is remarkable. this tune will be a staple at wedding receptions after october I guarantee you!!

I got suck a kick out of "robin hood and little john" sung by cesar rosas.

This is their 2nd children's album (the 1st being 'papa's dream' in 1995), but they treat every album like gold and their vocals and instrumentals is flawless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fun and wonderful!, September 26, 2009
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (MP3 Music)
I bought this with the intent to let my little ones listen to it, but I think I will likely listen to it more. The songs and arrangements are PERFECT for Los Lobos. "I Will Go Sailing No More" is sung with so much heart, and the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" is just plain fun. A perfect and complimentary concept...I hope someone has video of the band recording these. Well done, Lobos! Another superchingon release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, September 22, 2009
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (MP3 Music)
I'm giving this five stars for the concept alone. I can't believe these guys are doing Disney tunes! Hilarious! The music is actually good, as you would expect from a veteran band like Los Lobos. If you have kids and good taste in music, this is a must-have album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Los Lobos + That Disney Magic = NEED I SAY MORE ???, November 8, 2009
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (Audio CD)
"Los Lobos (which means "The Wolves" in Spanish) turned out a great album with some classic Disney favorite tunes all done professionally and beautifully! The musical arrangements are not merely pleasing to the ear, they also allow Los Lobos to put their own stamp on these timeless songs from Disney. The quality of the sound is excellent and the artwork is very nicely done.

"Heigh-Ho" from "Snow White" gets a fine Latin treatment and Los Lobos makes this rock! The electric guitars are awesome and they deliver this like the champs that they are! "I Wan'na Be like You" comes from "The Jungle Book;" and actually this was always one of my very favorite Disney songs. Los Lobos gives this an electric arrangement that makes it a fine highlight of this CD and I think you'll enjoy it. "Not in Nottingham" is amazingly beautiful; I could never tire of hearing this beautiful, poignant song done so very well.

"Grim Grinning Ghosts," the theme song for Disney's "Haunted Mansion" attraction, makes good use of the organ and the beat will have you tapping your feet to the beat almost without your realizing it. "Cruella De Vil" from "101 Dalmatians" is another tune that gets the royal treatment from these talented artists; and it's great to hear Los Lobos do this one up right! "Bella Notte" is music for lovers; this is very special music for dancing all alone with your sweetheart late at night in your living room.

"Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" is different from the way I'm used to hearing it but it all holds its own very well and those guitars work wonders for this ballad. "Bare Necessities" also comes from "The Jungle Book" and Los Lobos makes this shine with yet another dazzling arrangement that gives off lots and lots of positive energy. The CD ends with a fine medley of "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "It's a Small World" which leaves me wanting more!

Los Lobos struck out to make a CD of wonderful Disney songs made unique by crafting their own arrangements; and they succeeded way more than 100%. I highly recommend this album for the kid in all of us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 12, 2009
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (Audio CD)
A quality album all the way through. Makes me want to learn how to play the cuarto. Their version of "Vippity Do Dah" is like "Oh La La" from Colossal Head played by Jerry Garcia. The last track, "When You Wish Upon a Star/It's a Small World" is an instrumental and was way better than I thought it would be. I can't figure out how they manage to make every album sound unique and still sound like Los Lobos. It is consistent with decades of great music and an equally great live show. You can listen to the entire album on their official web site. The first listen made me want to own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irresistable to young and old, December 10, 2009
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (Audio CD)
Los Lobos has been rocking East L.A. and the Western World with a buoyant blend of American and Mexican music for over 30 years now. Ever since 1988, when they released a hilarious cover of "I Wanna Be Like You" from Walt Disney's "Jungle Book," I have wondered when they might make a children's album. Here 'tis! Thirteen of your favorite Disney songs are given the lupine treatment they deserve, and the album is a delight throughout. Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Making the best of a bad situation, May 9, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (Audio CD)
A lot of these songs have been played every christmas eve on Swedish television and starts a lot of memories. The best songs are those that are changed like the one of the seven dwarfs and Bella notte.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there anything they don't do well?, April 23, 2010
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (Audio CD)
As a long-time fan of Los Lobos, including owning several authorized live recordings, I was stunned that I missed this release until a few months ago.
Maybe it was meant to be that way, for soon after purchase, my sister and two teenage nieces visited for a week. They loved the CD, we played it over and over, and it was the perfect counter to the (sad) drive to the airport when it was time for them to head home.
My dream now: Los Lobos sings "The Wizard of Oz."

5.0 out of 5 stars For the adults too, March 24, 2010
This review is from: Los Lobos Goes Disney (MP3 Music)
Looking for a kid's cd that the adults can not just tolerate, but enjoy? This is it.
Sometimes I find myself listening to it when my son isn't with me.
Its a great way to expose a kid to classic children's music, while also exposing them to more mature styles.
These guys found a way to stay true to the originals while also making them fresh. It's great.

I would love to see Disney partner with other bands for the same concept.

Los Lobos Goes Disney