Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2012
Jim Mullen is the finest humorist in the Catskills. I'd like to stop there, but the sign says I must write at least twenty words. Having now attained that limit, I can afford to stop but now find it difficult to do so. Mullen's latest book contains more reflections of an aging hilarion (look the word up and see if it has a meaning before you decide it's a typo) -- writing about colonoscopies, cleaning out his basement in the spring, eating lo-cale-ly, and so much else. Humor is like the mist that arises from a freshly peeled orange. It may not last that long but while it does, it's marvelous and perhaps even mystical.
on September 6, 2012
Other than being mostly boring, it really doesn't have much to say. Maybe because of the general malaise in the world now, this just doesn't strike me as particularly hilarious.
on June 30, 2013
I had never heard of Jim Mullen - now I will be sure to remember hia name and read his works. This guy really gets it. I was looking for light entertainment and found myself laughing out loud throughout much of the book. The writing is smooth, and exposes absurdities of the general masses, celebrities and government. I wish he could speak in front of all of them and give them a good hard look in their mirrors. Would I recommend this book to others? You betcha.
on September 6, 2012
I read Mr. Mullins daily in the newspaper and really relished the opportunity to laugh without newsprint on my hands.
on May 1, 2013
I always enjoy Jim Mullen's somewhat sardonic sense of humor - there is a lot of truth in the material. And tis better to laugh at life's follies than cry!
on May 13, 2014
This book was so funny! Jim Mullen has a real talent for taking the mundane, trivial things that we see, think, and do everyday and weaving a humorous tapestry of American life. Encore!!