5.0 out of 5 stars The System Truly Works!!!!!! You Must Try IT!!!!
Published on February 27, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Lose Weight Without Dieting or Working Out
Published on April 3, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Lose Weight Without Dieting or Working Out, April 3, 2012
This review is from: Lose Weight Without Dieting or Working Out: Discover Secrets to a Slimmer, Sexier and Healthier You (Paperback)
There is lot of valid, helpful and interesting information in this book. However, the title is nowhere close to the truth and VERY misleading. The DEM system requires you to be vegan for 3 weeks. How is that not an extreme diet?! I understand eating healthy is a lifestyle change that would be required...but vegan?! Unless you were already vegan or planned on being vegan, this is not something most of us are willing to maintain, and if you don't maintain it wont you gain the weight back when you start eating meat/dairy again? Isn't that yo-yo dieting? With that being said, I did incorporate the detox methods, add a green drink (with protein powder), lots more veggies and fruit,no dairy or sugar, cut down on meat to once a day, and I still lost 5 pounds the first week. I basically incorporated the DEM system into an eating plan that I can continue, and I feel great! I really learned a lot from this book, and look forward to future results, but understand that it is a diet and lifestyle change.

And oh yea, there's a whole chapter on "moving", which is code for exercise. Not putting in a full workout, but tips on how to get extra movement in during the day. That didn't shock me because realistically you can't expect to lose weight without eating healthy and exercising. It's simple math..calories in vs calories burned = amount of weight lost! There's no magic pill or big secret. You have to put the work in, and this book gives you tips and steps on how to work smarter instead of harder.

5.0 out of 5 stars The System Truly Works!!!!!! You Must Try IT!!!!, February 27, 2012
I'm a 38 year old male. I started on the DEM system on Feb. 5th at 203 pounds, now on Feb. 27nd, the scale said 184. I've lost 19 pounds in 22 days on phase 1 of DEM system. It works. The hardest part was giving up the sugar, but I ate a lot of fruit to get through the hardest part of the Detox phase. I also called it DEM-Lite because I avoided all of the foods except chicken. I would eat some chicken on my salads but other than that I did pretty well. If I had gave up chicken in my salads I would be visually missing by now. I didn't do the green drink everyday as required but still got great results! I plan to add the green drink very soon, but I am feeling really great now. I plan to continue the eating selection life style changes going forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, March 26, 2012
This book is so informative,Ms Smith answered a lot of questions for me from eating, supplements to menopause.
If you want to lose weight, learn about foods, artifical sweenteners and etc. please buy and read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!, April 3, 2012
I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks after reading this book. I have struggled with my weight every since I was a teenager. This book is definitely life changing! I am only 10 pounds away from my goal weight. Thanks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this and your life will change!!!, April 19, 2012
This book is AWESOME!!! JJ teaches you how to eat healthy without being deprived. I did the Fast-Detox and lost 14lbs. I do minimal working out and I am still losing weight. The book is an easy read and I have passed the book on to others at work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose weight without dieting or working out, March 25, 2012
Very informational I now feel I have A better understanding of what happened to the people of this country and to me. Now I feel strongly that I can regain control of my life ,share this information with my family and friends and we all live a healthier life ,A change to the positive. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars losing weight the safe way, March 29, 2012
I found the tips in the book to be very helpful. This book deals with everyday issues and sets a plan for how to manage weigh issues of mature females. It also gives a quick way to loose unwanted weight rapidly and safely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Title is Not True, March 8, 2012
I bought this book because I heard about it on Steve Harvey Morning Show. I was interested in the detox portion of the book as well as losing weight. It is DEFINITELY A DIET! For three weeks you become a vegan. (No dairy, meat, bread) That Is A Diet. The information in the book is excellent. She really knows her stuff but a diet is a diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening! Eye opening!, April 26, 2012
Tracey (Norfolk, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book after I heard JJ Smith on the Steve Harvey radio show. I had to get it. I am in my late 40's and have just recently gained over 20 lbs. I'm not very active but I am williing to incorporate the changes that JJ suggests in her book. I had to see what this book was all about! It has so much information in it that I never knew about. I've read half the book,and can't wait to start the DEM system. I have recommended this book to all my family & friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU CAN JUDGE THIS BOOK BY ITS COVER, April 10, 2012
WHEN I RECEIVED MY BOOK ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO, I BEGAN READING AND THEN STARTED DOING THE LITTLE SIMPLE THINGS LIKE: SUBSTITUTING FRESH FRUIT FOR SOME OF MY USUAL CHOCOLATE SWEET (COOKIE/CAKE) CRAVINGS; CHOOSING SOME OF THE EASIER DETOX METHODS LIKE LEMON/WATER IN THE AM; INCREASING MY GREEN LEAFY VEGGIES AND BRUSHING MY BODY (WHO WOULD'VE THUNK IT)TO NATURALLY RID MY BODY OF TOXINS(DETOX). ALL OF THESE LITTLE THINGS HAVE RESULTED IN MORE ENERGY THAN I'VE HAD IN THE PAST, AND 11 POUNDS TO BOOT WITHOUT SIGNIFICANTLY TRYING.

THE AUTHOR SUGGESTS READING THE BOOK TWICE, ONCE FOR UNDERSTANDING AND THE SECOND FOR ACTION/PERFORMANCE. I CAN'T AGREE MORE.....BUT WHILE YOU'RE READING THRU THE FIRST TIME, YOU CAN'T HELP BUT TRY THE SIMPLE THINGS. THIS IS THE BEST WEIGHT LOSS INVESTMENT THAT I'VE MADE SO FAR....AND I CAN SEE IMMEDIATE RESULTS. FURTHER I UNDERSTAND NOW, WHY THOSE OTHER METHODS HAVE NOT WORKED FOR ME. IN FACT, MY HUSBAND HAS RAVED ABOUT HOW MY SKIN GLOWS AND WANTED TO CONFIRM THAT IT WASN'T A PREGNANCY GLOW AFTER THESE YEARS. IT'S A GREAT READ WITH PHENOMENAL RESULTS THUS FAR, I CAN'T IMAGINE ANYONE BEING DISAPPOINTED. IT'S A LIFESTYLE CHANGE THAT WON'T REVERT SO LONG AS YOU DON'T GO BACK TO YOUR OLD WAYS LETTING TOXINS RESIDE IN YOUR BODY.

GO AHEAD PRESS ADD TO CART AND SHIP ONE TO A FRIEND THAT YOU KNOW HAS BEEN ON THAT ROLLER COASTER AND WANTS IT TO STOP. I HOPE YOU ENJOY AS MUCH AS I HAVE.....GOOD LUCK

Used & New from: $3.63