Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on April 3, 2012
There is lot of valid, helpful and interesting information in this book. However, the title is nowhere close to the truth and VERY misleading. The DEM system requires you to be vegan for 3 weeks. How is that not an extreme diet?! I understand eating healthy is a lifestyle change that would be required...but vegan?! Unless you were already vegan or planned on being vegan, this is not something most of us are willing to maintain, and if you don't maintain it wont you gain the weight back when you start eating meat/dairy again? Isn't that yo-yo dieting? With that being said, I did incorporate the detox methods, add a green drink (with protein powder), lots more veggies and fruit,no dairy or sugar, cut down on meat to once a day, and I still lost 5 pounds the first week. I basically incorporated the DEM system into an eating plan that I can continue, and I feel great! I really learned a lot from this book, and look forward to future results, but understand that it is a diet and lifestyle change.

And oh yea, there's a whole chapter on "moving", which is code for exercise. Not putting in a full workout, but tips on how to get extra movement in during the day. That didn't shock me because realistically you can't expect to lose weight without eating healthy and exercising. It's simple math..calories in vs calories burned = amount of weight lost! There's no magic pill or big secret. You have to put the work in, and this book gives you tips and steps on how to work smarter instead of harder.
88 comments|336 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2012
I'm a 38 year old male. I started on the DEM system on Feb. 5th at 203 pounds, now on Feb. 27nd, the scale said 184. I've lost 19 pounds in 22 days on phase 1 of DEM system. It works. The hardest part was giving up the sugar, but I ate a lot of fruit to get through the hardest part of the Detox phase. I also called it DEM-Lite because I avoided all of the foods except chicken. I would eat some chicken on my salads but other than that I did pretty well. If I had gave up chicken in my salads I would be visually missing by now. I didn't do the green drink everyday as required but still got great results! I plan to add the green drink very soon, but I am feeling really great now. I plan to continue the eating selection life style changes going forward.
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2012
This book is AWESOME!!! JJ teaches you how to eat healthy without being deprived. I did the Fast-Detox and lost 14lbs. I do minimal working out and I am still losing weight. The book is an easy read and I have passed the book on to others at work!!
on April 3, 2012
I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks after reading this book. I have struggled with my weight every since I was a teenager. This book is definitely life changing! I am only 10 pounds away from my goal weight. Thanks!!
55 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2012
This book is so informative,Ms Smith answered a lot of questions for me from eating, supplements to menopause.
If you want to lose weight, learn about foods, artifical sweenteners and etc. please buy and read this book.
on March 25, 2012
Very informational I now feel I have A better understanding of what happened to the people of this country and to me. Now I feel strongly that I can regain control of my life ,share this information with my family and friends and we all live a healthier life ,A change to the positive. Thank You
on March 29, 2012
I found the tips in the book to be very helpful. This book deals with everyday issues and sets a plan for how to manage weigh issues of mature females. It also gives a quick way to loose unwanted weight rapidly and safely.
on March 8, 2012
I bought this book because I heard about it on Steve Harvey Morning Show. I was interested in the detox portion of the book as well as losing weight. It is DEFINITELY A DIET! For three weeks you become a vegan. (No dairy, meat, bread) That Is A Diet. The information in the book is excellent. She really knows her stuff but a diet is a diet.
44 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
All I have to say is that this book has changed my life. I have lost several pounds in these past few weeks and am feeling amazing! I have taken her lists to the store to buy what she is saying to buy, although, I am a HUGE fruit lover and have bought another cheap book on Kindle that has great fruit recipes for me to utilize in this plan as well.How to Lose Weight Fast and For Good - 50 Fruit Meals to Accelerate Weight Loss (Amazing Recipes to Lose Weight) If you are a fruit lover, I suggest this coupled with Ms. JJ's book and you will see an amazing transformation right before your eyes, and your husbands!
on July 11, 2012
This book was a good read...she had a lot of practical tips which I've already incorporated into my weight loss regime...I have in fact started to lose weight and her natural gradual approach to doing so has proved to be effective for me!!