Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 13, 2011
This is a story about a girl named Halli who takes a vacation of a lifetime to Italy. Once in Italy Halli's vacation becomes a nightmare, when she accidentally catches a murder on her video camera. Halli is then kidnapped by a famous movie star named Trent Tomlin, who claims to be saving her life. Together the duo is thrown into an action packed adventure. I am completely amazed by this book. Just imagine that you and your favorite move star crush have a chance encounter, which launches the two of you into an intense romance. The story starts off right away, and every pages that follows is packed full of excitement that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I am completely in love with this book; I could not put it down. Lost in Italy is absolutely a brilliant, with an original plot, and well developed characters. My favorite character in this story is Trent I fell in love with him. Trent carries the world on his shoulders, and still comes out with a charm that had me cheering him on the entire book. I highly recommend readers go purchase your copy of this book; you will not be let down.
on January 13, 2012
Take one obsessively organized American tourist who grew up slightly left of the law, add one American movie star heartthrob who's a lot more like the action heroes he plays than most would guess, throw them together into the middle of an Italian murder mystery and you have LOST IN ITALY. Characters, Halli and Trent, provide all the delicious reluctant sexual tension a romantic could want as they are chased around Italy. Reading LOST IN ITALY was like being in a charming old movie...but one that made me keep thinking of George Clooney. Maybe that's because Ms. Netzel did such a good job of putting me mentally in Italy...where George Clooney has a home. Whatever the reason, Stacey Netzel's LOST IN ITALY will take you on a delightfully rompish adventure.
on January 11, 2013
When I thought about eating dinner at Denny's yesterday, I'd immediately knew that I wouldn't. I want nutritious food, delicious and full of substance without fillers. Denny's food wasn't for me. When I picked up Lost in Italy I looked forward to having a complete nutritious five-course meal. I wanted Italy served to me on five different plates that were filled with delicious twists, nutritious angles and substance without fillers. What I read was a nice romance story. This was a nice story without Italy, without spaghetti, without wine, without cobblestone streets and fabulous restaurants, without Italian renaissance and fashion and real Italian accents. Given to me were a few lost characters, really out of place with zero connections to Italy or its vast beautiful topography and categorical historical significance.

But you know, a romance is a romance no matter where the characters encounter each other. This romance could have happened in Cape Town, South Africa, Reno, Nevada, or even El Quiché,Guatemala. But it didn't', and if the story was put in one of those places the scenery and characters would be the same. I wanted more than just undercover Italian police, a dysfunctional tourist family, a wealthy handsome celebrity, boats, guns and kisses, beatings, verbal quips and fillers. Oh yeah, fillers. All the characters had internal thoughts, pages and pages filled with lengthy personal thoughts, which for me, distracted from the overall story. Simply, 100 pages instead of 374 pages would have bundled this story.

Giving Lost in Italy 3 stars is a given for me because of the effort that went into writing the unrelenting personal thoughts from all the characters. If you love reading light and simple romance then Lost in Italy is for you. If you want Italy served to you in a complete nutritious five-course meal than Lost in Italy isn't for you. I love the title though.
55 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
This book could have been summed up in half the pages. Long, drawn out and boring. If the author was trying to create romantic suspense, she fell flat. There are way to many "teasers" leading into sex scenes. One or two are ok. But this goes on repeatedly in the book. Get it over with already. The neurotic personality of Halli is over done and the so called hero, is a jerk. This is one of the worse reads ive had in a long time. Ill say it again. Glad it was free and I didnt have to pay for this.
on October 5, 2011
Stacey Joy Netzel weaves such a crafty story of adventure, romance and intrigue pulling the reader into the story with such fluidity it's hard not to keep the pages turning until the very end. A fast-paced, exciting ride from the first page, Lost in Italy is a story that will stay on your bookshelf to enjoy again and again.
on November 4, 2012
Stacey Netzel makes a pretty good showing of an over-used scenario: the "ordinary girl meets movie star hunk" plot!

The story moves at a rollicking pace and the "baddies" are bad and the "goodies" are good. The inevitable betrayal is handled well and the characters are likeable, with minimum angst to annoy the reader.

This is an enjoyable, good-humoured read in spite of the subject matter, and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to finish the last page of a crime/romance novel with a smile on her face :)
on March 18, 2012
I loved Lost in Italy. The author, Stacey Joy Netzel, takes her characters and the reader on a breathless, ever surprising roller coaster ride. I read it so fast, I was sad when I hit the end. There is something for everyone here: romance, intrigue, adventure, and memorable characters that leap off the page. I highly recommend it, and I can't wait to read more from her.
on May 3, 2014
I guess I didn't read the same book as all those who raved about it. Lost in Italy had potential that to my mind was never fulfilled. The 'hero' was too obnoxious and the 'heroine', the heroine - I wanted to kill her. I did not find the main characters that likable. I was yes-no, yes-no'd to death. I gave this book one star, it was free. I wasted my time on this . It has been deleted from my kindle.
on October 20, 2014
I started to delete this one from my Kindle, thinking that it was a shame I didn't enjoy it enough to finish reading it... and then I remembered that I DID finish reading it. It was so forgettable. Not one I'd recommend.

I do remember commenting to my husband that anytime the main characters, Trent and Halli, (who have known each other all of five minutes, mind you) are around each other... they just can't seem to control their desire for the other. It was annoying. I know they were on a deadline to heat up the romance, but still. Too unbelievable for me.
on November 23, 2013
...just not great. I could have done with a lot less sexual desire and the vulgar words for one's rear end. These things detracted from a fast paced, highly suspenseful adventure story. All in all, overly sexed people do not a romance make. Also Halli was a royal pain. She was spoiled, immature and unbelievably stubborn beyond all reason. Whenever she didn't like what Trent did, she'd hit him. Sort of remindful of a two year old. However, I did finish the book and by skipping the really sexual descriptions had a fairly good read. I don't think I'll buy the other books in the series just because I prefer my stories with less sex.