Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 31% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Playstation 3
|Price:||$19.08 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$0.91 (5%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- PSN Enabled: 16 diverse multiplayer maps right out of the box. 16 Player multiplayer cooperative and versus battles!
- On-Foot and In-Vehicle Modes: Command heavily armed bipedal vehicles or switch to more stealthy exploration on-foot.
- Vast and Vivid Environments: Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice create cinematic stunning visuals and breathtaking landscapes!
- Next-Gen Realism: Immerse yourself in the brutal chilling world of Lost Planet as you labor through waist-deep snow, hear the crunch of ice with each step, and fly backward from explosive force during battle.
- Alien Encounters: Face off with an array of Akrid, from massive rolling behemoths and long-legged ground-dwellers to fast-flying swarms overhead!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- PSN Enabled:
- 16 diverse multiplayer maps right out of the box.
- 16 Player multiplayer cooperative and versus battles!
- On-Foot and In-Vehicle Modes - Command heavily armed bipedal vehicles or switch to more stealthy exploration on-foot.
- Vast and Vivid Environments - Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice create cinematic stunning visuals and breathtaking landscapes!
- Next-Gen Realism Immerse yourself in the brutal chilling world of Lost Planet as you labor through waist-deep snow, hear the crunch of ice with each step, and fly backward from explosive force during battle
- Alien Encounters Face off with an array of Akrid, from massive rolling behemoths and long-legged ground-dwellers to fast-flying swarms overhead!
Top Customer Reviews
Lost Planet definitely has some downsides, however, these cons do not make the game worthy of avoiding.
For example, one of the most annoying parts of Lost Planet is the fact that a 5 gigabyte installation of content is required before you can play. Another downside is that the same button is used to exit your vehicle as to pick up weapons for that vehicle, meaning you could be trying to pick up some much needed ammo and instead find yourself jumping out of your vehicle directly into harms way. And, despite the massive content installation, there are still a few points in the game where frames will be dropped and the screen will hang up a bit. However, these things I believe gamers will find to be forgivable.
Now for the pros...Gameplay for one. I found the game to be a unique and rather entertaining mix of first/third-person action and mech-style combat. Parts of the game you will play on foot while others will be impossible without a VS (mech.) Also, the graphics are pretty nice, granted this game did come out a while ago (and it's a 360 port...) so they are not as impressive as more recent releases. The cutscenes, however, I found to be very nice.
Overall, I found Lost Planet to be a worthwhile gaming experience, despite the flaws. The originality of the game definitely makes it worth checking out.
With that said, Lost Planet (LP) is a great game,while it doesn't do anything groundbreaking,it offers a lot of fun. The graphics are nothing to write home about but they are nice and do the job well, The story is a little bare bones but does have a surprising plot twist.
Length wise the game has 11 missions with cut-scenes in between each one. Each mission took me on average of 45 min each with the exception of the first 2 missions witch took me 30min to finish. LP can be beat in a weekend if you put your mind to it,but for me it took about 5 days to complete,I'd do 2 missions a night witch was more than enough for a person who is not used to TPS (3rd person shooters) I'm a RPG nut at my core.
Overall for the price you cant go wrong,It would cost you about $6 to rent,put in another $10 and own it. Perfect to waste a weekend on,or good for 5 days playing 2 missions a day :D.
However, that doesn't mean it wasn't FUN. Lost Planet has some really enjoyable aspects. The rocket-fired grappling hook allows you to move vertically in addition to the normal horizontal play of most shooters. The mechs (V-S suits) add another dimension to the battles. You also have to continually locate T-ENG to avoid freezing to death in the elements. And any game with gattling guns, rocket launchers, shotties, laser and sniper rifles, homing missles and plasma guns can't be all bad...There are even BIG versions of these weapons too that can be shot from mechs or by hand.
If you like Boss battles, then there are 3 or 4 of them in this game that will give you a pretty good challenge. They're practically impossible to win on the first try on just normal difficulty. In fact, it will take a dozen or more tries for some players. There's one (the Giant Worm) you CAN'T DEFEAT no matter what you do...You just end up throwing your PS3 out the window or giving up the game or running away (the correct option here). As a rule, I don't like games that put invincible Bosses in them. It can take a great deal of time and effort just to finally find out there was nothing you could do to win...
One of the more annoying parts of this game were the cutscenes.Read more ›
- - - - -
Este es un excelente juego de CAPCOM. Lo disfruté desde el inicio hasta el final. Tiene un buen nivel de dificultad sin estar demasiado difícil. Se los recomiendo, no se arrepentirán.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am likeing this game, better then resistance so far. But unfortunately this game has problems.
Unlike the other game, this one is a bit more fun & less bs. Read more
Son says the game is really great and keeps you interested and wanting to play more.Published 3 months ago by Tanya
The games clunky controls overcame its charm. Love the idea and presentation, but didn't have the patience to finish.Published 10 months ago by Richard M. Duffy