5.0 out of 5 stars Praying for The Lost Prince's Return
Published on March 5, 1999 by Lauren Shifflett (lshifflett@h...

3.0 out of 5 stars She's the Best at the Happy Ending
When I first bought my kindle, I wanted some books on it, but I didn't want to pay for them (since I had just spent a bunch on the kindle). I was going through the free book list on kindle, and I saw some books by one of my favorite childhood authors, Frances Hodgson Burnett. Of course, I grabbed The Secret Garden, just to have it, but I also downloaded a book of hers...
Published on September 10, 2011 by Let's Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Praying for The Lost Prince's Return, March 5, 1999
Ever since I was 8 years old, _The Lost Prince_ has been my favorite story. The book so inspired me that it compelled me to follow in the boys' footsteps. Just like Marco and the Rat, my best girl friend and I have travelled the world, living in as many places as possible and learning to fit in with and befriend the people we found (or who found us). Just like the boys, we only made it by relying on the kindness of strangers.
I am so excited to find that this book is back in print. Ten years ago (at age 18), I searched all over (and paid a pretty penny) for a hard cover unabridged edition from the early 1970s (it was that or steal it from the library). I thought I was the only one in the world who had ever heard of this book. I am so happy that not only am I one of many, but also now more children can read it and become inspired from this classic tale of kindness, courage, patriotism, and family love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Frances Hodgson Burnett, February 5, 2010
Anne Wingate (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lost Prince (Kindle Edition)
A semi-fairy tale with a predictable ending. But it is an extremely enjoyable book because it displays honor not only in the son of an ancient house but also in a street urchin who becomes his closest ally in a difficult, dangerous, and demanding task. Burnett didn't surprise me this time, but not all of her books have surprise endings. I found it a satisfying read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enchanting Adventure, June 23, 2000
This review is from: Lost Prince (Hardcover)
I was enthralled by this book as a child and fully engaged as an adult. Who can resist a royal family in hiding, a monarch and his young boy using the kindness of strangers to regain a lost kingdom and all happening with a constant threat of discovery that would dash the hopes of all of Europe? This is a book about courage, especially the courage of the young, and the strength of patriotism, friendship and loyalty. Boys and girls will both be enchanted by and love this book. This is most definitely the book to share with any 10 year old you love.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book!!, July 15, 2010
This review is from: The Lost Prince (Kindle Edition)
I am only 9 but I read this book and is this a kid's book i dont know but it is really really really awesome!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 19, 2005
This is one of my most beloved classics. Intriguing and captivating, it is a story of two boys: Marco Loristan, a boy trained from young to love his war-torn country Samavia, be discreet, follow orders and endure hardship, and his friend the Rat, a boy from the poor areas of London who was adopted by Marco's father after his own died in a fit, embark on a dangerous journey across Europe to save Samavia's political situation. There is never a dull moment in the book as the boys undergo rigid training for their journey and mature along the way.

Personally I love this book even more than Frances Hodgson Burnett's other more popular novels like A Little Princess and Secret Garden. Marco and the Rat are among my favourite literary characters and 'the Lost Prince' is both touching and engrossing. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars An adventure you'll never forget, December 1, 1998
By A Customer
The Lost Prince is the most amazing book that I have read this year. You feel every part of it that Marco and The Rat are expereincing. Adventure packed and fun-filled. An awesome Frances Hodgson Burnett book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Formatted, Much Fun, April 24, 2010
This review is from: The Lost Prince (Kindle Edition)
I first read this book in my early teens, and it was a delight to find it again in a well-formatted Kindle edition. If you only know the author for "The Secret Garden" and "A Little Princess" you should know that this book isn't as well written -- the themes are quite simple and the Big Surprise is pretty obvious. But I enjoyed every minute of rereading this book, florid writing and all.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I think of the Lost Prince, January 9, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Lost Prince (Hardcover)
This is one of my very favorite books. The writing is excellent, as well as the content. There is both mystery and excitement through the whole story. I have never found a book I liked like this before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, overlooked gem of a story., July 26, 1997
By A Customer
This is one of the most overlooked children's novels.
A young boy, living in a poor part of London, has been secretly trained all his life by his mysterious father to help their oppressed country regain its freedom. Finally the call comes to act, and what had been a game becomes serious.

The adventures of the boy and his friend(a poor crippled urchin) carry them the breadth of Europe, from rich palaces to ancient alpine cottages. The two boys carry a message of hope and freedom, telling the patriots in hiding that it is
time to act!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A family tradition, December 21, 2012
This review is from: The Lost Prince (Kindle Edition)
My Grandmother read this book in her youth when it came out. My father read this book in the Forties. I read this book in the Eighties. Now my daughter is about to read it as well. The rest of us loved the book for it's adventure and spirit, for the joy of getting lost in it's world. I hope that my daughter will love it as much as the rest of us did. Thank you Amazon for having this book available for her to enjoy.

The Lost Prince
The Lost Prince by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Paperback - November 17, 2013)
$21.99 $19.79