Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 527 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2009 4:06:43 AM PDT
Barry says:
My son in law lost his Kindle on an airplane trip. When he call Amazon, he was told he could stop someone's ability to download product in his name, but if the person called in with the serial number after he did stop the kindle in his name, that other person could give a serial number and start using it for his or herself. I think that this is awful. Why wouldn't Amazon tell the person that the kindle was lost or stolen and that they could not use it since they did not purchase it unless they had proof of purchase from the rightfull owner, and they shouldd return it to the person who lost it. I would suggest that all of you kindle owners be really carefull not to lose your product.

Barry Andrews

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 5:58:37 PM PDT
R. Reece says:
The same thing happened to me (twice).

Fool me once, Amazon, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. That's it, no more Kindles for me. Amazon has shown me twice just how disloyal they can be to their good customers. An Amazon customer service rep admitted to me over the phone, that they know who has both of my Kindles. But they won't give me any information or cut them off. They will take money from anyone.

Posted on Apr 14, 2010 9:38:59 PM PDT
Pak says:
i found a kindle this afternoon at the airport (reason why i stumble into this forum).. so i called Amazon and they e-mailed me a printing label.. and the kindle is going to be return to the original owner.. i dont own a kindle.. but after playing with this.. i might need to get one myself.. "David (David's Kindle), if you're reading this.. you'll get your kindle back soon.

Posted on Apr 26, 2010 8:21:54 PM PDT
Lost Kindle says:
I lost my Dearest Kindle today at an airport Restroom todat. Kept it on top of toilet roll dispensor and forgot to pick it up after. Hating myself for this carelessness. I went ahead and removed my credit card info. and deregistered my kindle. Now I think the worse! Whoever got it now free to re-register my Kindle by locating the serial# and antering a new email address. Is this so freaking easy to steal someone else's Kindle??? I filed a lost and found complaint but I know thats not gonna make a crook honest really.....

Posted on May 7, 2010 5:53:08 PM PDT
I lost my Kindle in SW airplane on May 4,2010 --I am still hoping to recover it - It has a pink cover

Posted on May 12, 2010 7:24:03 PM PDT
My husband left his Kindle in the O'Hare airport on April 25th, 2010. I gave it to him as a Christmas gift -- it was fairly new and he had dozens of books on it. I would love to get it back and would be willing to offer a reward for its return. I canceled the registration and was told that Amazon would not allow anyone but myself to re-register it. Yes, I agree, there should be a way to recover it and no one else should be able to register it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2010 7:25:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 12, 2010 7:26:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2010 7:29:54 PM PDT
R. Reece says:
What they mean is no one can get into your account. The books you purchased are safe. You can load the reader software on your PC and read your books. But they will allow anyone to register your Kindle. If they have it in their possession, they can register themselves as the owner and start downloading books immediately.

Posted on May 13, 2010 7:01:10 AM PDT
I found a Kindle in a fast food restaurant in NC 2 days ago. The clerks siad no one had inquired if one was found. I have been trying unsuccessfully to figure out how to find the owner. There is no personal info in the settings. Any advice on how to get this back to the rightful owner?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 7:32:19 AM PDT
R. Reece says:
I believe that if you call Amazon's Kindle support and give them the serial # of the unit, they can inform the currently registered owner that the Kindle has been found.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 8:15:54 AM PDT
Pak says:
yes you may, calling Amazon Kindle support is step one, but they do not need the serial number nor they'll try to help you access the Kindle (to protect customers identity so she said) the customer service rep was very nice, had me on hold for awhile while she was generating a ups shipping label.. what they'll ask you to do is ship the hardware to Amazon, they'll find the rightful owner and have it ship back. good luck! ..and very nice of you! keep the good karma.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2010 7:52:23 AM PDT
It worked. I gave Kindle support the serial number and it was reported lost. They are sending a UPS label so I can return to Amazon and they will forward to the owner. My good deed for the day.

Posted on May 21, 2010 8:01:55 AM PDT
Sarleton says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2010 11:12:48 AM PDT
You can send the Kindle a PDF document offering a reward for the return and include your personal information. Then once the document has been picked up by your Kindle de-register it and hope for the best. I am still hoping that our lost Kindle finds a way home.

VLS

Posted on May 22, 2010 6:23:15 PM PDT
S. Patel says:
were any of you able to track your stolen kindles by any chance? once its unregistered - there is no way amazon could track it with serial number?

Posted on May 23, 2010 4:50:19 AM PDT
Not unless the party that has the Kindle tries to re-register it, but even then there is no way to locate it. Did you lose a Kindle or find one?

Posted on May 23, 2010 9:01:40 AM PDT
Anne Maske says:
I forgot my Kindle in a Cebu Pacific aircraft in Manila. I was the last passenger to disembark, as I requested for a photo of my son in the plane's cockpit and forgot all about the Kindle in the pocket of my seat. I informed the airlines as soon as I got home, only to be told a few days later that no one has turned the device in. I didn't de-register at once because I was hoping the finder would see my contact info and try to return it. However, I discovered that 3 books were purchased using my credit card account, one of them ironically being a Holy Bible! Because of that, I have deregistered the device and reported the item as stolen.

I am still hoping the finder would have a heart and give it back.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2010 11:37:27 AM PDT
Anne
My wife lost her Kindle similarly in the back pocket of an airplane seat the very first week she owned it. Likewise the person who found it ordered four books before we asked Amazon to "blacklist" the device 2 days later. Also, like you the person had ordered at least one book that referenced Christianity (we already had a Bible on the Kindle). I don't know exactly how Amazon handles these blacklisted Kindles. Can they ever be reregistered by other than the rightful owner? Hopefully whoever our theives are, they will benefit from the Bibles. As painful as it was, I bought my wife a second Kindle--hopefully she will make it through a whole week before leaving it on a plane this time. ;)

Posted on May 24, 2010 3:58:38 PM PDT
S. Patel says:
My kids shipped me the kindle for mothers day, i never recieved it, amazon said it was shipped, so i am assuming somebody in the apartment building stole it. its not registered. its brand new. can anything be done to track it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 10:59:49 AM PDT
If it was shipped UPS there will be a tracking number and they--UPS-- should be able to tell you where it was delivered--or do you have a general delivery area for packages? If you never received it I would think that Amazon would have to replace it... If it was shipped by USPS there may be a tracking number and a delivery status as well. As for tracking it by any other means, you are out of luck. Your kids need to contact Amazon and let them know it never arrived and have the serial number blocked so it cannot be registered and then argue with Amazon for a replacement.

Posted on May 25, 2010 11:03:38 AM PDT
Another thought for S. Patel... When I bought my husband a Kindle as a gift, it was registered to me and when I gave it to him I had to de-register it and then he re-registered it. I recently bought a used Kindle and when it arrived it was still registered to the previous owner... All I did was de-register it and then re-register it, all from the Kindle. Amazon has made it too easy for lost or stolen Kindles to be used by anyone other than the purchaser...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2010 10:41:20 PM PDT
J. Pelletier says:
Those of you who lost them should post what books were on them and any other identifying marks. That would help others find you. If those who find them search lost Kindle, this web address comes up in Google.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2010 6:04:02 PM PDT
R. Kominek says:
I lost my kindle on Jun 27, 2010, in the Denver airport. Either in the bathroom or near the Frontier gates. It had a blue cover and a little white book light that fits in the cover. Some recent books on there are "The Jungle", "Cutting for Stone", "Thank You For All Things", and "Me & Emma". Would really really like it back!

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 7:39:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2010 7:41:28 AM PDT
B. Murphy says:
I left Kindle in seat pocket of Southwest flight yesterday...Oakland to San Diego. No luck at any lost and found yet. Last two books on Kindle: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest and The Imperfectionists. I am bummed.

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 7:42:14 AM PDT
B. Murphy says:
Kindle has brown/tan leather cover.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  320
Total posts:  527
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2009
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 66 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)
Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries) by Joanne Fluke (Hardcover - March 1, 2009)
4.0 out of 5 stars (263)