5.0 out of 5 stars Great welder
Published on June 13, 2012 by Ironman

2.0 out of 5 stars ltpac2500
When I receved my inverter I was confused because the cord was not standers 220 colors and the manual I receved showed different colors than I had on mine. So I called the company and they couldent tell me either. So I had to pull the panals and figure ot out myself... after I got it pluged in it would not function properly (wouldent strike arks) so I called lotos again...
Published 2 months ago by Andy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great welder, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Lotos 5-in-1 LTPAC2500 250A AC/DC TIG/Stick Welder with 60A Plasma Cutter & pedal & 5 Yrs Warranty (Misc.)
I was amazed when I got the unit to see the small size, but high frquency inverter welders don't rely on large transformers. A conventional welder uses a "high slip transformer" which is terribly inefficient. So a lot of power is lost because of this. The small transformer in this unit is more than capable of doing the job as it rely's upon high frequency rather than brute force to do the job. Inverter welders are not only more efficient, but a lot lighter in weight. This welder weighs only 70 pounds and a conventional welder of this output would weigh about 250 to 300 lbs. Also having a plasma cutter built-in and not a separate item is doubly nice. The front controls seem to be somewhat complicated, but If you purchased a new high dollar machine of this calibre, it would have the same basic controls. You can control a lot of parameters with this machine. Cheaply built machines from a local supplier do not come with the ability to change as many parameters as this one does. Another nice thing about inverter machines is that they use about 1/3 less power to do the same job. Both the TIG torch and the plasma torch seem to have a good quality feel about them and if you have to go to a local store to buy tungston, tips or cups, you can use most Weldcraft parts. I do mostly aluminum tig and I really like the power this machinme has. I also have a wire feeder that works off of a standard welder so I can do it all, either mig or flux cored. Steel or aluminum. I also like the idea that the Company has an office in California and is relatively easy to get a hold of. After some serious time with this machine, I will write another review. Since this review, I have used my wire feeder, and it works great with the welder. I have used flux cored wire and I can precisely set the output. I am amazed at how well the machine remains very electrically very steady. I powered it from a generator and welded like a champ. Great machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTOS LTPAC2500 Welder, March 22, 2013
Length:: 3:17 Mins

LTPAC2500 Lotos 5-in-1 250A AC/DC Aluminum Welder with 60A Plasma Cutter with pedal LTPAC2500I ordered the Lotos LTPAC2500 machine March 6, 2013 directly from Lotos. It arrived by FedEx on March 13, 2013. As of this date I have welded aluminum, mild steel, and stainless steel. The machine handles very well. I have cut 5/16" stainless steel with the plasma cutter, welded 5/32" 7018 and 1/8" 6011 and these worked well also. Setup is easy for any veteran welder. Instructions are there if needed. The foot pedal was included and seems to be heavy duty. Over all I believe this machine is the best welder I've owned including my Lincoln. There are enough controls on this machine to adjust for special welding circumstances. The machine is light enough to carry around and requires less amps than older style welders. Almost all necessary items come with machine including 220 plug (10-20P). You will need rods, tungsten, 100% argon, and air compressor to use all the functions it has to offer. Long-lasting/durability? Haven't had it long enough yet. I plan on adding to this review months down the line.
From a retired pipe welder.
Thanks for reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotos 5-in-1, August 2, 2012
I bought this because I had a big aluminum boat project. I spent a lot of time reading specs and reviews. I couldn't be happier with this unit; I have used it to weld aluminum, steel, cut ˝ inch aluminum, cut 1 inch steel, and even stainless. The manual could be a bit better as far as setup - but most of the info you need is all over the web anyway - welding basics, this is an amazingly flexible machine! The machine has not let me down yet! I did install some quick connects to switch between argon and air fast, so when you need to cut something, you don't have to unclamp the hose every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotos 5-in-1 LTPAC2500 250A AC/DC TIG/Stick Welder with 60A Plasma Cutter & pedal & 5 Yrs Warranty, February 13, 2013
I am not a welder, but my friend is a good welder and has a Miller Dynasty 200. I told him what I bought and he was very interested in seeing what it would do. One of the first things he mentioned was that he liked the high frequency start as compared to his. He also mentioned that the LTPAC2500 puts out a square wave(?), but ended up doing some really nice welds after he turned a few of the knobs. Overall, I think he still likes his machine, but I think he said his cost somewhere around $3,200 when he bought it. I believe he thinks this is a really good deal and it is great that it also has a plasma cutter.
I know I am very pleased with what it can do and even-though I can not weld as good as my friend, I was surprised that my welds didn't look as bad as I had expected. I have no regrets about buying this machine, as far as I am concerned, it is a great machine at a great price and doesn't weigh as much as I had expected (70 to 78 lbs I think). I also noticed that they sell 2 of the circuit boards for this machine which makes me feel better.
I look forward to learning to Tig weld and being able to cut things easier with the plasma cutter in this machine. Two thumbs up, and excited about my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, August 15, 2012
I had been searching for a multi-function welder and was pleased to have found the Lotos 5-in-1 welder. This welder is very versatile and operates well, within it's parameter. I like the fact that it has so many tools available within one welder! It is very compact and not too heavy for what it is. It is convenient to have the different functions available in one device, as opposed to a separate piece of equipment for each function. With the addition of a welding cart (sold separately) the ease of use is increased by making the welder mobile! All the items I need are right there in a nice compact configuration that doesn't take up a lot of space in my cramped garage:) The only issues I had were with the plug not being shipped initially and it also came with the wrong plasma cutting torch. If you buy one make sure you check your shippment carefully! Other than that, they worked with me to fix and correct the issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ltpac2500, June 16, 2012
This is a great product. The price is reasonable. It comes with a good warranty. The coustomer servive was good also. I would buy from them again Oi

5.0 out of 5 stars welding with pleasure, March 24, 2013
I bought this machine to use in my shop i do a lot of repair work. The great thing about this machine is the plasma cutting and Tig all in one,easy to put together works very well for my needs.I made a valve block so I can switch between Argon and air with the turn of a valve.Machine seems to weld great even runs 6011 great. good machine for the money

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT MACHINE, June 29, 2012
Purchased a LTPAC2500 welder. I have been using the machine for about a year and am completely satisfied with it. I was pleasantly surprised that not only did it meet the advetised claims - it FAR surpasses them. I bought it for TIG welding, which it does very well, but have found myself using the plasma cutter more than anything else. Excellent value, I would recommend this machine to anybody in need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Annony Mouse, December 3, 2012
Just opened the box and found the front bottom right fin bent. Back of the unit has power cord plastic piece is broken and hanging out of the back. Instructions are photo copies of 3 or 4 stapled sheets. I have not tested it since there is no plug supplied with the unit. There is nothing to read on how to use this device and about the controls. I payed a buck five and hope I didn't get ripped off. I will test it tomorrow. 12/3/2012 Sad I chose this over hypertherm. I was so close to getting that over this.

4/2/2013

Powered on device and it performs like a 15,000 dollar welder all features work great. Only cosmetic damage above and they are sending me 20 piece consumable for free to make up. So far stick welding is amazing and clean. Still trying to figure out tig controls to get it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars LPTAC2500, August 15, 2012
The weakest part of this machine is the manual. It is poorly written at best. That aside, the first time I used my unit was as an arc welder. I had to weld a damaged bucked on my excavator. I was very impressed with the qualit of the weld I was able to lay down. It worked perfectly. I haven't used the tig feature, but a can't wait to try it, The quality of the torch and controls was much better than expected. Buy one , you won't be dissapointed.

Rate and Discover Movies