4.0 out of 5 stars works fine with Vista 64 bit and Windows 7; still the best
I have had no problems using Lotus Organizer 6.1, running it on a Vista 64 bit machine for several months, and now under Windows 7 (64 bit) for a week. Vista/Win7 did not require any fancy workarounds; just install Organizer, and it works.

Despite a few annoying but minor usability glitches, IMHO this is the best product of it's type. It's a shame that...
Published on November 3, 2009 by Michael V

1.0 out of 5 stars user since 1.0
I've used Organizer for years. It always had quirks but it is a great PIM. The best address book out there. Months ago, I saw that windows 7 64 was not supported. I looked at IBM's site the other day and was amazed that it is now supported. I called IBM and was told that it is supported. I ordered this from Amazon on Saturday. It arrived today. I received about 20 errors...
Published on April 27, 2011 by J. Meyers

4.0 out of 5 stars I just can't quit her..., July 8, 2007
I've been using Organizer since its floppy disk version 1.0 in 1992 (if foggy memory serves). It simply works, and it always has. It does what I want it to do, and has for so long that I find I would not want to quit using it.

I'm using version 5.0, and it runs under Vista with one caveat: setting date information is a bit dicey. Orgnaizer 5.0 under Vista writes out your data file without changing the file's date when viewed in Windows Explorer. But it has in fact written out the current file you have just saved. Also, when setting up a task it appears to not enter the date you select, but it actually does.

I see version 6.1 is said to work with XP ... but no mention of Vista. I'll wait for explicit "works with Vista" mention before upgrading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still great after all these years, December 22, 2010
Mike (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
I don't know why IBM doesn't continue to support this "best of show" product. It is simple, elegant and intuitive and does well all of the things a personal organizer should do. The year at a glance "planner" is by itself worth the price of admission. Unfortunately, Organizer won't work on the 64-bit versions of Vista or Windows 7. But if you aren't running one of those OSs, by all means consider this fine program.

1.0 out of 5 stars org64, May 28, 2010
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
I had enjoyed Organizer on my old PC. I bought this new software for my new PC (Windows 7, 64 bit). It does not work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ginger's review, November 20, 2009
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
I have used Lotus organizer for years and found it to be the BEST. Recently I got a new computer and the old version would not load. I bought a new "cheaper" address book program by another company and loaded my addresses using a text deliniation program. This product was TERRIBLE!! It did not load the anniversaries or other data in the old program, nor did it load all the notes I had in the addresses. After a little more searching, I decided the only way I was going to be happy was to bite the bullet and buy the more expensive Lotus Organizer. Now I am happy!! Lotus Organizer does it all! "You get what you pay for". Thanks for carrying this fantastic program.

1.0 out of 5 stars LOTUS ORGANIZER 6.1 AND VISTA DO NOT MIX!, February 10, 2010
Thomas Townsend (Henderson, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
It's not December 2010 and neither Amazon nor IBM gives a good rats's ass as to the problems we all are having with the Lotus Organizer 6.1 that we purchased from AMAZON and were told at the time that it would work well with VISTA!!!!

I contacted Amazon a few months ago and said I was interested in upgrading my old Lotus Organizer. I informed Amazon that I currently use Windows Vista. I was told that the Lotus Organizer 6.1 would run fine on my computer, NOT. It will not run and I am totally ticked off.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

5.0 out of 5 stars Successfully installed Lotus Org 6.0 on 64 bit Windows 7 Professional, June 9, 2014
Sylvia (California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
Recently upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version and couldn't get my copy of Lotus Organizer 6.0 to install. I have been absolutely lost without my old faithful software (which I have been using since Version 2), there just is no suitable alternative. So after spending a lot of time with Google, I decided to follow the advice of several to bypass the automatic install and go directly to the setup file on the installation CD and run from there. It installed without a hitch! So if you have an older version of Lotus Organizer, give this alternative method of installation a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars used it for dacades since it first came out, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
wish someone would pick it up. It looks like what you need for a tablet and it was around before tablets were around ibm missing a great prog for the future but thats not new

1.0 out of 5 stars lotus organizer 6.1 CAN'T work on window 7 home, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
I have been working with 6.1 on window xp for many years, now want to put my file 6.1 into labtop with window 7 , it does not help. called IBM several times , they do NOT help at all, I am just asking if the compnay prodcue a softwere and doesn't support what do we have to do as consumer. its so sad, all my information and contact list and daily calander can not be even open anymore, anyone knows what to do? thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best -- even on Windows 8.1, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
I have been using various versions on this program since 1993 and have kept a daily history going back that far using date events, phone calls and to-do items. All are immediately available to me using a recently purchases Dell 8700 with Windows 8.1. Only a few quirks on minor items, but the programs is still better than anything out there. I only wish someone would purchase the rights from IBM and modify it to work in the cloud and as an "app" from the major players

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Product, April 26, 2013
Ruth Gange (Elephant Butte, NM, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotus Organizer 6.1 (CD-ROM)
Lotus Organizer is one the better products in this line. I have Windows 8-64bit,and this product installed in a couple of minutes
without any problems whatsoever. I hope that others that want this product will come to know how easy it is to install and the features are without equal compared to earlier versions.

The delivery was exactly on the date stated it would. I applaud everyone. Thank you

Lotus Organizer 6.1
Lotus Organizer 6.1 by Lotus Development (Windows Me / XP)
Used & New from: $5,806.79