From the Back Cover
John Hawkins, Editorial Director,
Lotus Advisor Magazine & Conference
If Lotus Notes and Domino 6 can do it, you can do it too...
Whether youre an architect, developer, or administrator, this guidebook covers everything youll need to know to harness the power and flexibility of Lotus Notes and Domino 6. Written by a team of award-winning authors, it explores the latest programming techniques, concepts, and languages you can use with this messaging and collaboration platform. And its packed with numerous examples and sample code, providing you with the tools to create your own customized applications.
Inside, youll find complete coverage of Lotus Notes and Domino 6
- Utilize the Domino Designer 6 user interface features to share and lock design elements, perform remote debugging, and create and manipulate XML and DXL from Domino 6 design objects
- Centralize the distribution and maintenance of Java code in a Domino application
- Access and display Domino 6 views, documents, and forms via servlets with Dominos custom JSP tags
- Create a Domino Web application that uses the new Data Connection Resource
- Build J2EE applications that can access Domino objects and generate DXL and custom XML formats
- Uncover the most practical solutions for building and running Web Services in industrial-strength server environments
About the Author
Rocky Oliver a Lotus technologies veteran began his "Lotus geek" existence with Lotus Development in 1992. Since then he has led the development team of a large, national consultancy, opened a new branch for a startup, and started his own company. Rocky is a Technical Editor and writer for Lotus ADVISOR magazine. Rocky loves to share his knowledge and experience by speaking often at Lotus technology conventions including Lotusphere, IBM DeveloperWorks Live, and ADVISOR Devcon. He co-authored Teach Yourself LotusScript for Notes/Domino 4.6 (MIS Press, 1997).