5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another amazing performance.
Probably his best special since Shameless, which is my all time favorite of his.
The passing of George Carlin left a huge void in the world. and the closest we will ever probably have to another Carlin is Louis C.k.

While Carlin would have a focus on the life of politics, Louis has a focus on the politics of life.
One of the most amazing aspects of...
Published on December 9, 2010 by Ryan Megan

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
It is funny
Published 4 months ago by raudatrout

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another amazing performance., December 9, 2010
Ryan Megan (red hook, ny USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louis C.K: Hilarious (DVD)

One of the most amazing aspects of this special and all of his specials is how effortless he makes his act look. Quite possible the hardest working man in comedy today. But you will never notices these things while watching this special, because you'll be too busy laughing your ass right off.

A must own for any fan of stand-up. Yet another true stand-up classic, that I would gladly put up against any other before it. Shameless, Chewe Up and now Hilarious are all prime examples of what great comedy is, as well as a hope for what it will be in the future. The man continue to crate work that makes my life more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Louis C.K: Hilarious (DVD)
An amazing show. In my opinion compares favorably to the best (including Hicks, Carlin, Bruce, Pryor etc). While his language and jokes are not usually for the faint of heart, something (compassion?) seems to allow him to push only to the exact razor's edge of mean-spiritedness before pulling back long enough to deliver another perfectly measured line. I've honestly never reviewed anything before, but this special was literally so funny that it made me lose my mind. I truly hope that he continues to improve, because this show is his best and most consistent by far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Disappoints, January 28, 2011
This review is from: Louis C.K: Hilarious (DVD)
I think Louis CK is this generations best comic. His TV shows are the best on the air, and once again, his stand-up delivers a one-two knockout. I don't really know how to describe his comedy other than relate it to a tsunami of laughter. It starts out with a small laugh, inside, then a chuckle, then as his performance goes on, you laugh out loud, then get belly laughs and you literally fall on the floor laughing...all the while feeling a little bit guilty for laughing at the words coming out of his mouth. He is HILARIOUS. And I mean it, Louis~

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny... a little (lot) crude, but thoughtful., July 4, 2014
Very funny. A little gross and disgusting at times, and lots of profanity, but it had me laughing hard a good deal of the time.

Some reviewers have criticized him for the vulgarity and portrayed him as cheap, but I found that under the surface he was really thoughtful and had some interesting commentary about who we are as humans and as a species - really holding the mirror up to us. I thought there were some real ethical undertones which I could relate to, and he did it in a really hilarious way (for some that is... for some it seems not to be their cup of tea).

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious is Hilarious, January 30, 2012
Louis C.K. has done it again! I swear, he makes me feel better about my life and that anything is possible. I really liked Hilarious a lot. I personally think Chewed Up is his best, but this one has some great jokes in it. I work for a tech company and he has this great joke about a Internet on the Airplane. I don't want to spoil it, but I was laughing my ass off. It really hit home. I think if someone does not enjoy this, they probably have no sense of humor whatsoever. Watch and enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, January 2, 2012
Lisabeth Lobenthal (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louis C.K: Hilarious (DVD)
Louis C.K.does not disappoint. This is worth it. I will watch it again and again. He is completely irreverent, and hysterical and while some of it is uncomfortable, because he nails each topic, you can't help but laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars This might be my favorite of Louis C, July 28, 2014
This might be my favorite of Louis C.K.'s. His presence and pacing are always so wonderfully natural, almost conversational, but here he seems especially in the zone. He lets his emotions swell and change throughout, showing the audience exactly where he stands morally. C.K.'s self-awareness and sensitivity to his surroundings allows him to approach taboo, culture, racism, and almost any other topic with more insight and honesty that any other comic today. This made me laugh to the core.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Funny stuff here but if you are easily offended do not bother.

4.0 out of 5 stars everything amazing, July 4, 2014
Erol (Santa Monica, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Original stand up of "everything's amazing...". A must see!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as the title suggests, June 26, 2014
I can't get enough conscious, honest humour. Louis C.K. nails it. I especially like his bit about raising children. Love it.

Louis C.K: Hilarious
Louis C.K: Hilarious by Louis C.K. (DVD - 2011)
$16.99 $8.73