Published on June 25, 2007 by dkmedicine

3.0 out of 5 stars is a brilliant, gifted
Louis C.K. is a brilliant, gifted, and original comedian who can have me laughing out loud when I'm alone in my home. His only flaw is his endless use of the F bomb. He would be just as funny if he used it less often––maybe even more so because it becomes distracting after the 30th time.
Published 2 months ago by paula

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST HAVE sequel to his first HBO special "One Night Stand" !!!!, June 25, 2007
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
God, is this guy funny! I have been waiting for this DVD since I first saw it on HBO and I wanted to be the first to write in to let everyone know that they will not be disappointed! Lots more great bits as funny as his first DVD show, Louis C.K.: One Night Stand. Like the first, he is raunchy, hilarious, brilliant, and he has become commonly quoted among my friends and myself. You will NOT be dissapointed with this purchase--it can be watched over and over again and you still laugh every time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious, July 20, 2007
Bart Motes (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
I was watching a clip of this earlier while drinking a soda. What a mistake. I literally spat up my soda and choked with laughter. This man is a menace and should be locked up! Seriously, very inventive material, pitch perfect delivery, and a real gift for threading themes throughout long sequences make Louis CK a sure bet. I can't imagine anyone regretting this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute best in comedy, February 6, 2008
George F. Kokai (South Bay, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
Louis CK is by far, my favorite comedian. I also had the pleasure of seeing him live. Every instance of his comedy ends up with me crying because I'm laughing so damn hard.

I might add that he's vulgar, but it's so damn funny! He perfectly places curse words to add to the joke, not take over the joke.

If you don't buy this, you're making a mistake and you will never know what true hilarity is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
Louis C. K. is the funniest stand up out there, period.

His material is solid and his delivery is spot on. He doesn't jump around and over do it (I am looking at you Dane Cook) he takes his time and hits every mark. His subtle style juxtaposes perfectly against the over the top nature of his jokes.

I laughed so hard I had to pause the DVd and walk around until I could catch my breath. Hours, even days, after watching it I would think about something he said and just start laughing again. It is especially funny if you have kids.

Watch this DVD and see how a true master does it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Bill Mahr seem mild, August 25, 2010
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
In this performance, Louis C.K. pushes the extremes of political incorrectness to take you to places which often feel rather uncomfortable, but in doing so he reveals truths about the human condition which would otherwise remain repressed, and he has the comedic skill to do all of this in a way that I found very funny. I highly recommend this performance if you can handle humor which "shamelessly" goes where most others fear to tread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Funny..., November 1, 2007
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
This is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. If you are a fan of standup, you must buy this dvd. It's a shame Louis is not more well known. He's truly a comedic genius. If you are easily offended don't watch this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Direct and funny, October 28, 2007
Louis C.K. - Shameless

Not for the easily offended or faint of heart. Louis C.K. tells it like it is and holds nothing back. I love the impish look when he delivers a good punchline. He is a modern master of blue comedy.

Tim D.

5.0 out of 5 stars his best, January 5, 2010
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
anyone who enjoys comedy needs to get this dvd. louis ck is a brilliant comedian who does not shy away from anyone or anything. in this act, he's gonna makes you cringe, he's gonna make you think, and he's gonna make you laugh to the point of tears. it's no wonder NBC picked him up for a role in "parks and recreation"! and if you ever get the chance to see louis ck live, DO IT!!! you will not be disappointed, and he's a really nice guy too - he made it a point to speak to everyone waiting in line for autographs & take pictures with whoever wanted them!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Louis CK special., December 21, 2011
This review is from: Louis C.K. - Shameless (DVD)
I'm a big Louis CK fan, but this is by far one of my favorite of his comedy specials! If you're easily offended by language or sexual content, then don't watch it, but his sarcastic yet realistic re-telling of his stories/experiences/opinions has me laughing nonstop from the time it starts to the time it ends.

3.0 out of 5 stars is a brilliant, gifted, September 11, 2014

Louis C.K. - Shameless
Louis C.K. - Shameless by Louis C.K. (DVD - 2007)
$19.97 $13.37