5.0 out of 5 stars NOT A FAKE
Published 16 months ago by Mark

1.0 out of 5 stars Not authentic
You can tell just simply from the fact that the LV symbols are upside down, a real bag would never have the, upside down on either side of the bag
Published 16 months ago by Bricam

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT A FAKE, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Louis Vuitton Speedy 30
OK listen the last review said that this item is a fake because the lv is upside down, that review sincerely pissed me off, for one!.. the lv is upside down because Louis vuitton will not have bottom seems at the bottom of there bags on piece will always wrap allthe way around, when someone takes a picture of the Louis vuitton print upside down they are showing that the prodoct is authentic! Look at all bags in order for the print to not be upside down there would be a four sided seems hints cut material and they only shape and cut the sides so there isn't four sided seems at the bottom! Does this make sense the bottom material will always a continued piece side to side. People don't read one persons review and take it at its word. Do your research

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine was authentic, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Louis Vuitton Speedy 30
First... The product I bought was NOT a fake. That is not to say that there are not plenty of counterfeits out there, but the one that I got was definitely the genuine article. I must say that I was really concerned about it too since I am giving this to my fiance as wedding gift. To keep from looking like an idiot, I went to great lengths to verify that it is the real deal, but after looking at bags at the LV store at Northpark Mall, bags on LV website, and looking at that authentication guides, I have no doubt that it is 100% the genuine article (wipe of the brow).

Now as for the bag, I feel that I got my money's worth. Saying that though, there was some dirt on the bag and the vachetta leather handles were dirty from makeup, lotion, and the double stitching on the handles had one stitch come out on all the handles, but it was simple to fix these problems myself. The first thing I did was of course to verify that the bag was real. It took a week to do but I figured if I was going to spend time on it, I wanted to be certain that it is the real deal. Once verified, I sought out a professional cleaner, but it was a little pricy. Although I still might do that, I decided to research how to do it myself and here is how I fixed everything...

To clean it the outside shell, I took dawn soap and used a soft microfiber cloth to clean the outside of the bag. I covered the leather the best I could with a paper towel, and I did what I could to avoid all the leather trim that was showing. I particularly paid attention to the monograms. After using a rinsing cloth and a drying cloth, it was still a little dull, so I then used a white t-shirt with some elbow grease and that really brought back the shimmer to the bag. I have pictures of the bag next to a bag from the store, and it has hard to tell them a part by the canvas. It really looks good.

When I was cleaning the leather handles, I was not looking for perfection. I just wanted to remove makeup and other debris from the handles that has built up over the years. I used a dry microfiber cloth at first, and that helped a lot. I then used my shoe shine cloth and that did a little more. So although they are not perfect, they are nicer, and besides, I was not really looking for perfection anyway.

With the thread coming undone, and the dirty handles, I originally took it to the LV store for them to replace the handles and fix the leather pull tabs. Since it was $400, I just said "No Thanks" and proceeded with doing it myself. My main concern was the thread, so I asked them what the affects of just cutting the thread would be, and they said that it was double threaded, and double sown in that area so it would not come undone if I cut the excess thread. To cut the thread, I wanted to get as close to the handle as possible, so I used some cuticle cutters and cut it. After doing that, it looks like it was unaffected, and it was double sown so it is not noticeable (even with a great amount of scrutiny) that it was cut.

Although I was unsure about polishing the brass, the main difference between my bag and the one in the store was that the brass just did not pop like the new ones do. So the last thing that I did was polish the brass. Although there was not much brass on the bag, it really did make a big difference. To do it, I first took a q-tip and dipped it in fingernail polish remover and cleaned any excess dirt off the brass. I was very careful not to touch the leather with the tip. I then used another q-tip that I dipped in brass cleaner and polished the brass up to a like new shine. I carefully did the zipper pull, but I did not do the teeth. Overall you can still see some scratches, but I removed the oxidation and it looks better.

After cleaning, I feel very satisfied with my purchase. I wish I could post a picture of it. It really looks like a nice bag. When I bought the bag, I also bought a speedy 25 for her so that she could have both, and although speedy 25 that is newer, and I cannot tell the difference hardly between the two bags.

Hope this helps!!