5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love alligator!
Published 23 months ago by lafemmemikita

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality deteriorated -- Picture misrepresents product
Published 16 months ago by Joe M

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality deteriorated -- Picture misrepresents product, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
Delca's Think!Dog Alligator Jerky has changed from the treat once offered at Costco and, for a while, via Amazon. The (picture as of 9/26/2013) shows the old product in the bag's transparent window. These caramel colored rectangles had more of the consistency of a soft jerky. This is not what was shipped on my recent order. I got a beige biscuit shaped like a paw with a consistency that reminds me of partially baked cookies and deteriorated pasteboard.

This used to be a high-value treat for my dog. He still takes it, but with much less enthusiasm. I have not noticed any negative effects.

[11/15/2013 Update] The wrong picture is still showing in the description even though the seller has changed to "Firefly Buys". The paw-shaped product is breaking into mostly crumbs in the bag.

[12/9/2013 Update] The "jerky" is turning to crumbs. The description picture still deceptively shows the older product through the bag's transparent window. Amazon's comment: "We have determined that no change needs to be made to the product image you have specified." Disappointing :>(

[1/21/2014 Update] This item's picture is still deceptive. The seemingly same product is now appearing in other Amazon listings with accurate pictures of a paw-shaped cookie. The name in the other listings seems to be morphing into a more accurate "Louisiana Alligator Dog Biscuits".

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love alligator!, February 17, 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
My dogs totally love these treats. They have been very useful in training my 8 month old puppy - he pays a lot of attention - a lot more than when I have the traditional training treats. They are tender and a lot comes in the bag, so for me with 2 large dogs (dalmatian and a lab/dalmatian mix) this size bag works great. I like that I can tear them into small pieces for training if I want. I probably buy a bag every 3 weeks.

I don't recommend sticking your nose in the bag, but ultimately it's not any stinkier than other soft dog treats - it's just a different kind of smell. bil-jac smells 100x worse to me. We only do higher end food with our dogs as they have food allergies, so I liked these were corn and gluten free. I also really like that they are Made in USA.

My Costco is not going to carry them anymore...guess it was a 1-time special buy which I am bummed about and hope that they can manufacture more and become a regular item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
I found these at Costco the other day and decided to give them a try after reading the ingredients. 1st of all, these are Corn Free, Wheat Free, No Artificial Anything and made in the USA. That's a huge Plus in my book!
I could not wait to get home and see if my dogs would like them since they are sometimes very picky and not bait motivated.

Once home, I opened a bag and must admit they have a very interesting smell that may not be appealing to everyone. The size is great and can easily be broken into even smaller pieces and are tender. It didn't take long before my doggies had me surrounded begging for one.

Alligator! Who would have thought... :)My Dogs LOVE Them & will be buying them again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Product No Longer Jerky, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
First bought this product at Costco and later one bag through Amazon. In both instances, the product was jerky: a dried meat product. Our pup loved them.

This latest order is a dry, grainy looking product shaped like a paw. Pup would not eat the latest iteration initially. He will now eat them if he is hungry enough. So, product is good enough, but it is not what I would describe as jerky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing resembling jerky, November 27, 2013
Real Reader (Strathmore, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
Not anything resemblihg jerky!! This is a crumbly cookie/bisquit shaped like a paw. I have purchased the"old" style jerky and my dog Murphy and he loved them. He is a small schnoodle and the older treats were perfect size for him. He will eat the newer ones but just not the same. picture misrepresents the product. Not Amazon's usual quality. Shipping and packaging were good

1.0 out of 5 stars Product won't make it!, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
This product is great--my Dogs love it. But, if you buy it here, and have it shipped, its nothing but powder when it arrives. The product will not stay together. I have to give it to my dog in a spoon---forget the little nuggets.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Happy Dogs + 2 Happy Parents = A Super Great Product, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
We first found this product at our local Sam's Club and picked it up. We were so pleased with it we searched all over until located it here on Amazon and stocked up! I highly recommend it to those with picky eaters or dogs with allergies. The biscuits are great to. All of the gator products are top notch! Will buy them again and again! 3 very happy dogs!

2.0 out of 5 stars A crumbly mess!, December 23, 2014
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
NOT Happy! My Lulu fell in love with these when we purchased them at Sam's Club. Unfortunately, they nor Costco are carrying them any longer so I came to Amazon and was so excited that I could purchase them here. They arrived today, very quickly but I was so disappointed in the condition. These are supposed to be a soft biscuit. There are very few biscuits in the bag. Most had crumbled into a soft crumbly mess. Lulu loves them so much that she'll eat these things in any condition so I'm keeping 2 of the 4 bags for her but I'm returning the remainder. Really very, very disappointed in the condition and I feel that Amazon should have done a quality control check prior to shipping these out.

As for the treat, yes they smell! But the smell isn't a horrible smell but it is strong. They have real alligator meat in them so expect the odor to be different. They come in a resealable bag but I pour them into a heavy duty Rubbermaid container to help contain the smell. I was attracted to them in the beginning because they are grain free and I have Lulu on a grain free diet. I'm really glad she loves them. Now I just need to find them in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alligator treats!, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
These are favorites for our German Shepherd! Just great! But the BEST is that they are made in the good ole USA, NOT China!

1.0 out of 5 stars false advertisement, March 3, 2014
Arthur Van Engen (San Diego, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag (Misc.)
I had bought this product (exactly as shown in the picture) a long time ago. they were meat squares, and made training with them very easy, as you could break them up into smaller pieces with no problem.
However...
They decided to use a different method of production, and now they're very crumbly, terrible for training as they just break down into dust. They are no longer the meat squares, but some ground up, formed pulp.
I loved this product so much, my dogs loved it too.
Now I can't recommend you purchase this product for any type of training aid for your dog.

Can you get a better review? yup, change back to what's advertised in the picture.

Louisiana Alligator Jerky for Dogs - 42oz Bag