Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2015
The thing that I was most worried about was whether these cable drops would hold my Apple lightning cable; I didn't want the entire cable to slip through the cable drop. I'm happy to report that these mini cable drops DO hold the lightning charging cable well and the "end" of the cable doesn't slip through the cable drop.

I know that everyone complains about the "stickiness" of these guys, but...come on. How long these last is dependent on how well you clean the surface that you're adhering to. If you just stick the cable drop on something that hasn't ever been cleaned and is full of fingerprint grease, its obviously not going to adhere for very long.

And its a give-take relationship. Do you really want something that stick permanently? What if you try to take the cable drops off your nightstand and it rips the paint off? I'm happy with the tackiness of these cable drops for the time being. And if they do become loose and I want to permanently stick them onto something, I'll resort to using some sort of super glue/tape.
review image
on January 22, 2015
Fundamental design of the cable clip is good, but the adhesive is absolutely worthless. I cleaned the (wood) surface with rubbing alcohol, waited for that to dry, applied the clip, and waited several hours before inserting a cable (giving the adhesive a chance to bond before taking any sheering pressure). Never had a problem with this procedure and good adhesive.

These clips fell off just attempting to insert the cable the first time.
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2014
I was really disappointed with these. I had purchased a pack of the standard size years ago and those stuck so well that they peeled the paint off my wall. These will not stick to my desk or nightstand even when nothing is attached to it. The are a great size for smaller cables, like the Apple lightning cables which is what I used them for, but with two lightning cables in the drop, it falls off almost immediately. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but I was expecting the same quality that I received with the standard drops.
on April 23, 2014
The pliable buttons work well for holding even a tiny 2 wire DC current from the transformer to the motor of a cat fountain. The only drawback would be the adhesive on the back side, but I am mounting these to the top of a granite backsplash, and perhaps there are traces of silicone left behind from the caulk that are causing the double-sided tape to lose its grip.
on August 12, 2015
These stick on and don't come off. literally! If you want a close to permanent solution for cord organization, this product is definitely for you. Unfortunately I stuck it to my 'wooden' desk from ikea and it stripped the top layer off. It may have been the cheap surface of the ikea desk but i didn't like the residue it left on my glass desk either. I would only recommend this product for surface that you do not plan to remove it from.
on January 19, 2015
Great product - except - I wish the adhesive was stronger - have had a few pull off wooden furniture front the weight of the cord ( cleaned with alcohol at install area first ) ----- if I had another wish .... ( this one doesnt affect my rating ) .... I wish they could use 3M Command Adhesive tabs for install so they woudl stick awesome but also remove easily.
on February 12, 2015
Just don't work very well. Yes, they hold the cables but if you need to move the CableDrop Mini, you're going to need to get the old adhesive off of it, off of the surface, add a new adhesive pad, etc. I used this on my desk and while it solved the problem of the cables dropping off, the CableDrop Mini didn't work well for me because it's kind of a pain if you need to move the cables whatsoever. For example, if you move your laptop at all and the power cord is in the CableDrop, your cable is going to be annoyingly kinked or twisted.
on June 28, 2016
These are perfect for cleaning up the mound of cable mess under computer desks. These mini ones were able to fit 2-3 small cables (mouse, keyboard, speaker wire) in each mount. The adhesive seems very sticky too and I don't foresee a problem with they falling over time. I'll definitely be buying more and various sizes. This was a great idea from Bluelounge!
on March 22, 2015
These little guys are perfect size for holding phone charging cords and even thin audio cables. I have a wireless charging phone car dock and after market bluetooth setup in my car, and so I had charging and audio cables (that went to the microphone) all over the place. These fit quite nicely into these holders. The holders are just the right size for this application. However, they sticky back is no good for texturized surfaces found on most car dashboards. Just doesn't stick. I had to find spots with smooth plastic to stick these things on. That's the only reason I give it 3 stars instead of 5.
on November 29, 2014
I recommend checking where you want to place the item, multiple times, before you place it because you won't be able to quickly re-pick it up. Once its on its ON, I learned this the hard way lol.

Love these little guys, their about the size of a US Nickel. I use them to hold down my charging cables for iPhone & Kindle, as well as my wired headset for work.

UPDATE 12/9/14: Several of these little guys are coming off my desk on their own. It seems like they'll stick well originally but only an extension cord was plugged into one of them and its come off. I'm sad about it, I hoped this would resolve my wire issues.

UPDATE 2/6/15: I made sure to pay more attention to where I was placing these, but eventually they all come off. I'm not using it on anything heavy duty, think USB cord for headphones / iPhone charger...