Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on June 5, 2011
I purchased this a number of years ago, which I wrote about: [...]. It's just a box with two holes in it, but it actually works and has survived two moves. The device comes with a bunch of tie twists or zip ties (forgot which) which you can do yourself a favor and throw away (mine are still taped to the cablebox), and instead get a bunch of CableBuddies or velcro zip ties.

Use this in places where you cannot hide the cabling. For instance, companies sell clamp-on or screw-mount cableways (or you can DIY a pegboard) and almost all power supplies have screw mounts for wall or desk mounting so you probably should use those over these on office desks and plain tables. Also, avoid this if you have only a few electronics since companies like Belkin make designer power supplies for hiding cables and a good set of CableBuddies will allow you to shorten and organize a few cables

However in places like exposed TV mount setups, kitchen offices, and the like, the cablebox really comes in handy if you have a lot of electornics. The box is quite big and needs to be for it to work well. If it is too big for you then that area would have been better served with cable ties and cord organizers.

The CableBox is both simple and thoughful which, in my opinion, is the hallmark for good design. I am docking a star because my white one yellowed over a number of years due to sun exposure and heat (of the power supplies). I'm docking another star for the value--I'd personally pay more with a higher quality plastic, or the price of these should be less so you can buy tons. If it were made in the USA, I'd understand the premium. Also be aware that since I wrote my review, these are also available in more colors than black and white and also in smaller sizes (though see the limited utility above). So consider those before purchasing. I do recommend these and the Bluelounge brand, so don't let my three stars discourage you from making a purchase (even this one). You are better with one of these organizing cable clutter than without.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2010
Overpriced? You bet! While paying $30.00 for a cheap, plastic box seems like a huge waste of money, it's well worth it to clear up the spaghetti mess of cables that pile up under our desks, entertainment centers, etc. I bought $120 worth of these units and don't regret it at all.

All in all, the CableBox is just a great idea and, quite frankly, one I'd had myself years ago. Glad somebody finally put a product like this on the market. It's far better than trying to tie up the cables and make it look passable. Just hide the suckers! And if you're a Mac person, the boxes have an "Applesque" feel to them and go quite well with iMacs, MacBooks, etc.
on January 11, 2011
I was kinda wary about buying just a box for $25. The fact that with a Prime account I could get free two day shipping and it saved me the effort of few hours trip via public transit to Ikea for a similar item won me over. It's a sturdy box that the top isn't in danger of popping off if you have thick not easily bended cabling rolled up in it. The tangled web of cords was driving me batty just thinking about and now I can't stop peeking under the desk to admire the box.

It's a good buy if you either can't get to an Ikea or like me just can't be bothered. I don't regret the purchase in the least.
review image review image
55 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2011
I LOVE this box. In fact, I bought three of them and couldn't be happier. The rat's nest next to my printer is now hidden away in a neat white box. Sure, you have cables sticking out of either end, but the unsightly clutter is gone. After extensive research, this product seemed to be the best option for a residence, where you don't want to attach boxes to the walls or furniture. I wish I had found it years ago.

The design is clean and beautiful. The pieces fit together snugly. One is currently hiding a large surge protector, 9 cords and 3 power supplies. In my mind, the $30 is a bargain. Looking at that corner with its jumble of wires (even though all were neatly coiled and wrapped) caused a great deal of angst. (Yes, I know they have meds for that, thank you.) Now, everything in contained, and I'm no longer embarrassed to show people my home office, which is good since we're listing our home for sale and prospective buyers will be tromping through.
on July 8, 2013
I have been attempting to rid myself of clutter and live a more minimal lifestyle. I recently purchased a new parsons desk that has no back or drawers. While this forced me to throw away a bunch of unneeded clutter, it also created the need for some well thought out wire hiding techniques. I really thought everything out in advance before beginning the project, and thankfully all of my plans worked out great. The final step for all of my wire hiding was to enclose everything at the foot of the desk in this tidy box.

I am unsure why this product is so expensive for what it is, but darnit it does it's (simple) job very well. The box is an incredibly simple piece of plastic, with some rubber feet on the bottom, a lid that snaps on, and holes on either end. They probably make an insane profit selling these, but there are not many other solutions out there on the market. So far this thing has worked as promised and was a really great addition to my new minimalist setup.
review image review image review image
The CableBox is a simple enough thing, a large, very sturdy plastic box with slits on either side, a lid that fits snugly, and rubber pads on the bottom. Sure wish I would have thought of it.

It is bigger than I might have expected and exactly the dimensions that are provide in the Amazon listing (5.5" wide by 6.5" high by 16 inches long). The accompanying video should help you visualize that size. It turns out, bigger than expected or not, the size was perfect.

It easily accommodated my Belkin 12-Outlet Surge Protector. There was plenty of room if I had any of those annoying power adapters plugged into it and there was space so I could pull in all the excess cable.
on September 15, 2012
I purchased this Blue Lounge Design CableBox System to go in my living room and to satisfy two main goals:

1) Conceal the cables for my TV, WiFi router, Xbox, clock, etc that go into a very basic 6 outlet power strip

2) Stop my 1.5 year old son from constantly switching the on/off switch on the power strip. Even though it is hidden under a chair, he still switches it off at least once a day, resetting the clock, shutting down internet access in the house, etc. Pretty annoying, but how can you blame him, right?

Before I go on an uncontrollable rant (that probably could have been prevented if I read a few more reviews on this thing), I will say, the BL management system does satisfy both goals, conceals the strip and stops the 1.5 year old from shutting down my family's access to the secular world.

BUT IT IS HUGE!! I was hoping this thing would basically be a bit larger than my skinny 6 outlet power strip, but instead I could house my strip, all the other 6 outlet strips in my abode, and both my neighbors! I am not kidding, this thing is industrial/commercial sized. Now, if you have a massive 12 or more outlet power strip, get this thing because it will have a 2 bed/1 bath house to sleep in. My little 6 outlet strip however, is now living lavish in a 6 bed/3 bath/4 car garage property.
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2011
It's pretty simple. It's a box to place your power strip in along with extra cables. The unit is large and supports power strips with two rows of outlets. The box is well constructed, so sturdy in fact that I put my monitor on top of it. Would definitely recommend to someone looking to organize cables more easily and efficiently.
on June 19, 2013
I ordered this because my little guy loves to see what power cords are all about. Since I have TV, modem, router, and gaming console all in one location it is too tempting. I was able to drop all of the cords, including the actual cable modem (too many lights for my baby to go after), and now just have a boring box to look at. I would have to say the only reason I couldn't do a 5 star rating, is it is a plastic box -- why is it so much? I thought about making a wooden one at a fraction of the price, but time did not allow for that.
review image
on February 24, 2015
There is not a whole lot to say about this Bluelounge CableBox cable management system that is not self-explanatory, but I will say that it easily fits a two row surge protector with room to spare. Moreover, in my case, it holds a number of large power packs that extend behind the edges of the dual row surge protector. There is still room for plenty of cables and I have them stuffed in the cable box. Now, under my desk, where once there was an eye sore of a surge protector and cables everywhere, there is now a tidy little white box that conceals all of that mess and it looks good too. I definitely recommend it if you want a tidier looking office space. If your compulsive like me about things being neat then this is a must have item.
I am uploading a photo of how my Bluelounge CableBox looks under my desk so you have a good idea how it will look for you.
review image