Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

VINE VOICEon December 19, 2010
These clips are somewhat functional as long as there isn't too much outward tension from the center of your cable wrap. Otherwise, the cables will just pop out the sides of the clip. I bought all three sizes (S, M, L), and the small clips hold cables best because the cables are thinner and more pliable. For larger cables/cords (e.g., computer power cords), you can't wrap a large amount of cable around these clips or the above will occur.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon June 9, 2011
Small, medium, or large - the descriptions on the box and about this product leave a lot to be desired. If you use the right size, these holders work nicely.

These small clips are for very short or very thin wire cables or equipment. They do not work very well with the iPod/iPad/iPhone cable, use the medium clip instead (Bluelounge Medium Multi Purpose Cable Clips CC-MD). They do work great for Apple earbuds, or other earbud headphones. They also work well for 3mm headphone to radio cables (the wire you use to connect a portable music player to a car or powered speakers), and short USB cables like the type that come with portable hard drives (but not the thick long ones for printers or USB hubs). The small clips are not nearly as useful as the medium size.

These clips / holders are made of soft matte finish silicone. They feel very nice in my hand. They are a pretty good stress ball when not in use, they're kind of fun to squeeze. The clip relies in the cables sliding inside a groove on both sides. The clip expands pretty easily to accept a wire loop or two at a time.

I was wrapping these cables in a loop and then twisting the wire back through the opening, like an extension cord. Unfortunately, this is really hard on the wires, and will ultimately destroy my cables. I have a big pencil holder on my desk where I throw all these cables, regular USB, Micro USB, and iPod. It's hard to keep those cable organized or grab them easily. These clips make that job much easier now.

I like these clips. The colors are not the coolest. But they are functional. I wouldn't bother with Velcro around these short cables.

I can see how these would be disappointing for 110V electric wires - even the large is not sturdy enough for that job. I think the large version is a bad idea. The small and medium work great for short cables.
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2012
I just can't seem to get these things to hold any wires. I mean, there an awesome idea. I wanted them for the longest time- but they don't seem to work quite like I expected. The rubber is too loose, flimsy and overall has no grip. I have ALL three sizes of these and I just can't say I'd recommend them. Headphones, usb, game controllers- the rubber ones are useless, so small is out of the question. Medium is okay. They have more of a stiffness so they won't pop open and spill your cords everywhere, and the large work quite well, but the small are useless.
on December 21, 2012
I ordered these and got a fake Chinese version of it, of a flimsy material that would not hold any cable in place. Later I found out that many reviews on this item state the same problem.

However, I complained with Amazon and got an immediate refund, so 1 star for that, 0 stars for the product.
on December 18, 2012
These clips are flimsy. It's a great theory, but I have six of them that can't hold anything. They are nothing but JUNK! Maybe if they were created with a harder plastic, they might work. It's a shame because I really needed something sturdy that could hold all my Apple cords. Oh well, live and learn.
on June 23, 2012
I'm going to post a photo of three cables I've corralled with the help of these Cable Clips. These clips are such a great, reusable, and inexpensive product for keeping your cables tidy. The photo I'm posting shows my Bose in-ear headphones looped around one of these clips and in my opinion, this is a very inexpensive way to keep expensive items like that from getting tangled and damaged. It is also a great way to minimize the amount of cable laying around when you have a device plugged into a car charger or even your computer. Often in the car, if we have more than one device charging, there can be quite a few cables laying around and making the drivers area messy. I highly recommend these clips, I would only recommend that you think about what you're using them for and buy the right size as these are really good for up to the iPhone/iPad cable size and anything larger will probably require the medium or large sizes. I will be ordering more in other sizes.
review image
on May 2, 2012
I can see how this clip would work well enough with iphone earbuds or whatever other Mac cord that's kind of on the skinny side.. In photos, they look so neat and tidy, what with their techy white background an' such, and mac cords have a rubber casing similar to the rubber that seems to make up these little guys.

I'm feelin' some remorse though today with mine. They look exactly like the photo, but the photo sort of implies that the little wings do a better job of clamping down on their cables than they actually do. If these things were clamps, they'd grip your stuff with the floppity might of your sleepy, drunk grandma.

The photo also implies that you get green and gray floppities.. And you do, if your gray is brown..
on March 13, 2011
Those clips helps you organize your data cables, headphones, etc.
The downside is the price, because they can give you different sizes for the same price. Like a combo blister with small, medium and large, 2 pieces of each.
on April 21, 2015
I've purchased quite a few BlueLounge products, and have been very happy with all. I read several reviews of the CableClips (Small) before I ordered them and, based on the quality and design of other BlueLounge products, was very surprised by the number of not-so-great comments.
Ultimately I ordered the CableClips anyway. Most products that serve this function are either ugly or awkwardly designed, or both. And, to my delight, the product works very well. BUT If You Want Them To Work, Then Take a Moment to LOOK AT THE (VISUAL) DIRECTIONS On The Back Of The Package. 3 easy steps. If I hadn't taken a moment to look, I think I'd have experienced some of the problems described in other reviews.
BlueLounge does great design. You've got to take a moment to see how the company designed the CableClips to work, or they won't work. All is simple and straightforward. And an attractive way to organize technology.
on April 3, 2013
I bought both the small and medium sized CableClips. I got them at The Container Store, as I wanted to see the sizes in person. The small clips are incredibly small, and won't even fully wind a pair of headphones (if you want to wrap it around the clip, using it as a spool). I recommend the medium clips-- as I think they are the most versatile for a wide variety of needs for small and medium sized and gauged cables. The large clips would be helpful for full sized computer cords. I recommend all Blue Lounge products. They are very well made and my new favorite!

See 1 answered question