5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding movie
Just like in the "Love Comes Softly" Series, this is a great prequel to Clark Davis' story. This movie is well done and told in the fashion of all the other movies. This is a touching story of how two people from very different ways of life come to meet eachother and eventually fall in love. This is not to be missed if you are a "Love Come Softly" fan!
Published on October 24, 2011 by Christine Ways

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like the other ones
Published 16 months ago by AnGC

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding movie, October 24, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars A Movie That Answers A Lot of Questions!, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
My wife is a big Love Comes Softly Series Fan and has seen all of the movies. Though this is the case, we were not around when this originally aired on television so she was a bit bummed, so when given the chance to review this, she was quite excited. This movie provides the great back story to the character Clark Davis who you come to know in later movies. As in all of the movies (or so I am told) this is a love story, but it is more than that too. The characters are strong and the plot is engaging. Though some of the acting is simply ok, I still have to say that it was a good movie and one that would make me want to potentially watch more to see what happens next. So whether you are a long-time fan of the series, or a newbie like me, this was a good movie that I would recommend to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story line/ well done!!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
So well done as well as the next one in the series " Love everlasting courage". We have bought the "Love Comes Softly" series for ourselves and as a gift. We just love it. So when we caught the two prequels on t.v., by accident, we were so delighted. We first watched the series while on vacation. Each day the 4 of us would stop by the local Wal-mart and pick up the next movie in the series and squeeze on the love seat at the cabin to watch the next movie. My husband insisted we get back in time for our movie time. What great family time we had. The series is so well done and keeps you interested all the way through. Action, adventure, love and faith, it covers it all. Highly recommend the series for great/safe family viewing. And if you have already seen the rest, be sure to see the two prequels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., January 26, 2012
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
This movie is just as heart warming as the others that follow it. It gives insight into how Clark Davis became who he is in the later movies. I believe this movie is essential in the series. It shows us how he got from point A (being a lost young man) to point B (a grown man who's faith is virtually unshakeable) however I would have liked to have seen Missy's birth included in this or perhaps another movie about that portion of his life. I think adding that would make their whole story complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV movie I have ever seen!, July 12, 2012
Eddie Sezate (canyon country,ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
Beautiful heart warming old fashioned love story. The background music fit perfectly, the old west cinematography was great, and unknown to me but the actors were excellent. I loved Clarks,and Nancy Mckeon's character, the little sister is so full of light & Sunshine! I wish I could live in a time & place where beautiful souls still existed. Now life's full of hate, anger, money, gangs, drugs, punks, low class people.

5.0 out of 5 stars love begins, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
I love the Love Comes Softly series. Was disapointed when the last one came out. Was over joyed when the announced that this came out. Glad the came out with family movies again. We need more good movies like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A chick flick, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
I like a good action film like many others as long as it doesn't go over the top. It is nice to still have the choice of quality family films. I own the Love Comes Softly Series so this was a natural to buy being the prequel. It is just as good as the rest of the series. It is nice to have quality film making with good old fashion standards still available.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like the other ones, February 17, 2013
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
I love this series but this one was the worst of them. While it's pretty much G rated like the others and you can watch it with anyone there are just too many unbelievable things in it. Like two sisters stuck with the family ranch who can afford to eat in town at the restaurant every day and run the whole ranch themselves...yah right. Or the restaurant in town advertising it was homestyle cooking when gee everything back then was homemade, like they would have called it that. It was like putting 20th century dialogue in what is supposed to be a different time period. Plus Clark who is such a man of faith in the other movies seems to have not come from that kind of background at all. I just found these inconsistencies hard to swallow and never reached a point where I really felt for the characters because this movie did not have the emotional element that say Love Comes Softly did. I never read the book so don't know if it was bad screenwriters or a bad prequel novel, but it just wasn't as believable or heartwarming. I was happy to have another piece of the story, it's just I didn't like or believe that these characters then turned into what became Love Comes Softly. So I found it interesting (to know how it began), but definitely not as good as the rest of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Begins, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
I enjoyed the movie but not as much as the first DVD from this serier. The characters who played the roles were not as engaging as I was expecting. The quality of the DVD was excellent...the enjoyment of the movies was average.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will none ever live up to the first!, December 29, 2011
BOOKFreak! (Spanish Fork Ut.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Love Begins (DVD)
I got this for my daughter for Christmas. I loved the first one. The second and third aren't bad either but the more they make the worse they get and I hate to say this is the worst one. The main girl character is so silly! She is over the top mean and then silly and giddy latter. The boy was beautiful and acted better than anyone else in the movie but no one else pulls there weight. The story falls flat to me too. So disappointed but I will not give it a lower rating because these are good films that are clean and sweet and I will continue to support this type of entertainment.

Love Begins
Love Begins by Abigail Mavity (DVD - 2011)
$14.98 $6.57