Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Love of Cooking: Soups, Stews, & Chili (Love of Cooking: Volume I Book 4)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on April 25, 2012
05-22-12 UPDATE: I just received Amazon's e-mail that the cookbook has an update available. When I updated it on my Kindle Touch, the cookbook opened to the Hungarian Goulash recipe, which I assume was the page I had last viewed. Since I wanted to check out the updated TOC, I used Amazon's "GO TO" feature (see my comment to Amazon below), and found that the Hungarian Goulash recipe isn't listed on the TOC. To find the recipe using the TOC, I had to go to the last recipe listed in the TOC and back up page by page to find it. In doing this, I see that each recipe now ends with "Go back to Table of Contents" (which works). It appears that there is no "Go back to Table of Contents" at the end of the recipe that precedes Hungarian Goulash, Gumbo Z'Herbs (Green Gumbo), so I can only assume that is why Hungarian Goulash doesn't appear in the TOC or in the "Go TO" list. I've now gone page by page through all of the recipes. Because "Go back to Table of Contents" is missing from the end of the recipe for Skinny Steak Soup, the recipe for Spicy Chicken Vegetable Soup MAG'S FAV is missing from the TOC. There is also a recipe for True Texas Chili, a MAG'S FAV on the TOC, but it is missing it's title when you go to the recipe.

[COMMENT TO AMAZON: I'm not a fan of how the "GO TO" feature works since the updated software push, especially in cookbooks; it doesn't include TOC as a choice to go to, but lists some of the recipes, and then you page up or down for the rest of the recipes; if you want to see the real TOC, you have to choose Title Page or Beginning and then page forward to the TOC.]

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I read all of the reviews before downloading Love of Cooking: Soups, Stews, & Chili (Love of Cooking: Volume 1), and I'm looking forward to trying some of them, especially was interested in Mama's Potato Soup and the Hungarian Goulash Stew recipes. The BUT in my title is due to the fact that the Table of Contents did not work on my Kindle Touch. Any recipe I click on just takes me to the next page. I even tried clicking the category title, i.e., SOUPS/HOT, SOUPS/COLD, etc., but that didn't work either. Has anyone else experienced a non-working Table of Contents? This is the third of the author's cookbooks that I've downloaded, and the Table of Contents in both of the other two cookbooks work fine. Not, that I really expected it to make any difference, but I even turned the Kindle Touch off, then back on and tried it again, but still no luck. I don't know whether to contact Amazon to see about re-loading the cookbook or contact the author.
66 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
Got this the other day. The Table of Contents does not work on my Fire. Any recipe I click on does nothing. Hopefully the author will fix this. Would not have to scroll through every page of recipes to find the one I want.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2012
I got this Kindle book when it was free and it's worth every penny. Actually, it's not bad; I've gotten some excellent ideas and a few recipes from this book. The only problem I have with it is that the authors (even tho it has one name on it, it's a mother/daughter team) use a lot of condensed soups and packaged flavorings (like ranch dressing mix). This isn't necessarily bad, just not how I cook.