1,229 Reviews
 (1,033)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fresh, original and challenging message
Living a life fully engaged and full of whimsy and the kind of things that love does is something most people plan to do, but along the way they just kind of forget, according to Bob Goff in this book. God chooses ordinary people like us to make a difference by getting to the "do" part of faith. Love doesn't just keep thinking about it or planning for it. Love does...
Published on April 12, 2012 by John Gibbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected to like it more
I've had a hard time starting this post. When I requested a review copy of Love Does from BookSneeze, I fully expected to rhapsodize about this book.

Like many, I first encountered Bob Goff in the pages of Don Miller's fantastic book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. He seemed larger than life, yet the kind of person everyone would want to befriend...
Published on July 25, 2012 by Leigh Kramer

‹ Previous | 16 7 8123 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, July 20, 2013
Bob Goff does an amazing job of conveying how to love deeply and love out loud. His stories inspire, amuse, and make you nod your head in vigorous agreement. This was a perspective-changing book that I would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your dreams bigger and plan less, July 14, 2013
This book is incredible because it makes you dream and ask "What if" for your own life. It makes you believe you can 'be strong and of good courage' and that God will back you all the way.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, July 9, 2013
It was more about his personal experiences turned unto antidotes then I anticipated. I also didnt agree with the statement that Jesus wasn't religious when the Bible clearly states that He went to synagoge every Sabbath, and knew more about scripture than even the Pharasies. He followed all the religious practices except when they conflicted with love and were unnecessary rules above and beyond what scripture taught.

5.0 out of 5 stars best, book ever!!!! (Other than the Bible), June 27, 2013
This review is from: Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World (Paperback)
Simply amazing. A must read! I was so happy to read it...that I literally frolicked through the yard! :) :P

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Does Review, June 26, 2013
Great book with great illustrations of what loves does. I highly recommend this book that is interested on what love looks like.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whimsy Reigns Over All, June 26, 2013
"Love Does" is an excellent book reminding you to embrace whimsy and love in your life. A good read for anyone needing a pick-me-up or boost to their life

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, June 26, 2013
Awesome book! Love the easy read, short chapters, but big lessons. It's always nice to hear other people's shortcomings and how they learned God lessons from them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book! Very inspirational., June 23, 2013
Chris A. Wolff (Ontario, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I highly recommend this book. Bob Goff's enthusiasm to "do love" will hook you in one chapter or less. Each chapter can stand on its own, but I promise you won't want to or be able to put this book down. A great book to share with family members around the table. A great challenge to every Christian to put their faith into action do some love. Excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret's Out, June 23, 2013
Bob writes in an engaging style that invites us into his life of living on the edge of imagination and whimsy (I love that word!) to learn about abundant life with Jesus. This is well worth your time. You'll laugh, cry and even dream a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life-Changing Book, May 12, 2013
Run, don't walk, and get this book! Since I've been a Jesus Follower for many, many years, I am now wanting to make sure that I haven't fallen into ruts in my understanding of the basic concepts of Christianity as well as how I hear and respond to the Holy Spirit on a day-to-day basis. Bob Goff's comfort with spontaneity and whimsy reminded me of the joy and serendipity of living with and like Jesus. This book blessed me and my husband immensely. I immediately bought a few more and gave them away. I am an avid reader and this book gets my "favorite" award for this season of my life. My favorite chapter was the one about his car accident. I SO needed to hear his message. I also loved the format -- each chapter sharing a vignette of his life. I have done a little bit of writing in the same format so it has encouraged me to keep going. Seeing, hearing and serving Jesus amidst the mundane of life is what brings the Supernatural down. I'm afraid our Christian culture misses this with all the media, marketing and hype. I will continue to read and meditate on Love Does, making sure not to miss what God is trying to say to me. Thank you, Bob Goff!

‹ Previous | 16 7 8123 | Next ›