Professional restaurant supplies Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 18, 2009
An excellent period film with a wholesome story throughout. Good FAMILY viewing, with action, suspense, drama, and some romance. A sequel to story #7, "Love Takes Wing", it is right on to bring a satisfying conclusion to the series based on the books of Janette Oke.

This 88 minutes brings Dr. Belinda Owens (Sarah Jones), now grown and married to Lee into several situations relating to a doctor's patients and their health concerns. At the same time, a friend from medical school, Dr. Annie Nelson, (two female doctors is unusual for the time period), arrives pregnant and stays with Belinda and Lee till the baby is due. Belinda has her own emotional issues to deal with as a result.

Lee is well played by Jordan Bridges, although looking a bit young to have the adopted daughter, Lillian (Courtney Halverson). Lil finds her own issues of becoming an adult and finding love. Also arriving on the scene is Annie's mother-in-law, midwife, and an outspoken lady, Mary (not other than Patty Duke, now 60-something but yet has what it takes to add to any movie.) Too many doctors for one child birth? OK, it's a Janette Oke story, so we all know it will end deliciously heartwarming and acceptable. But not till we have some heroics, suspense, and fist-o-cuffs. It can't all be sweet out west.

There is the expected religious aspect to the families that is a thread throughout the book series as well as the movie series. Faith is a motivating factor for many of the main characters in this story, but not preachy.
Honestly, a film cannot replace all that is written into a book, just part. On the other hand, a movie CAN provide aspects to a story that can only be imagined in book pages.

DVD has English and Spanish Subtitles & captioning for the hearing impaired, or for those like us who like to catch all the names correctly. No other extras included.

Now, LOVE COMES SOFTLY, is complete as a book series AND a DVD series. Both are recommended. Both are worthy of 5 stars and a purchase for viewing or reading. Best solution: do both. Yes, I own them all, and glad of it. So is my wife.
44 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2009
This movie fit right in with the Love Comes Softly series. I couldn't wait to add it to my collection. It's a very emotional realistic movie about the pioneer days and what women went through to give birth. I loved it!
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2009
I loved this movie, just like the ones that came before it. I believe that it reminds us that their is a place called home.
on October 2, 2009
On a scale of one to ten with ten being the best, this was a wonderful
movie. The acting was great. The actors/actresses did a superb job.
The plot was tasteful and in line with the previous 7 parts of this
series. Oh how I wish we had more movies like this. Production,
direction, filming were excellent. I'm only sad that I can't look
forward to any more movies from this series. Thank you Hallmark,
and EVERYONE who participated IN and helped make this series
wonderful. Sallie Paige Bryan
on January 1, 2014
This is the eighth and last sequel to the "Love Comes Softly" series by Janette Oke. As in the first seven stories, good family values prevail. This series is produced by Michael Landon, Jr. and, in my opinion, is worth owning. But watch them from the beginning. Our philosophy is to rent first, buy later. So, we're always going back and forth between Netflix and Amazon!!

Paul Baragona Raleigh, NC USA
on January 27, 2015
Best story series I have ever seen. Great cinematography, outstanding casts and very fulfilling for the Christian or moral hearted person. Great family values. Will make you want to cry with how God "always" provides. The highest recommendation goes to this series and to it's book author Janet Oke.
on April 9, 2015
I'm giving this 4 stars - mainly because of Michael Trevino's performance. He told me he had so much fun filming this & getting to mess with the horses... and how lame his accent was. I thought it was a cute movie. I got sucked into it!
on December 3, 2013
These movies are simply the best of the best and I love each one of them! They portray our ancestors lives so very well! What they went through and how they handled it is so very real. Hopefully it teaches each of us to appreciate what they went through and the sacrifices they made for us.
on March 1, 2013
This is really a good movie and I understand a series of movies. Much like the TV series Little House on the Prairie. Good story, good acting and lessons to be learned. Actually, I bought this movie because Patty Duke was starring. Everything she does, has a good moral message and she was exceptional in this movie.
on March 24, 2014
I have been working hard at cleaning my Mom's house since she passed away the first of this year. This was my treat if I cleaned with a happy heart. Heart was mostly happy at cleaning but very happy watching "Love Finds a Home."
Service was great too.