4.0 out of 5 stars More Please!
Michael Maguire works as a prosecutor. He has a big case coming up. He is hoping to win his case against some of the biggest gang members in the Baltimore area...The ruthless Benedetti brothers. They have been accused of killing three teenage boys.

Published on June 29, 2009 by Cheryl Koch

3.0 out of 5 stars Love at First Flight was
Published on September 11, 2010 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars More Please!, June 29, 2009

Juliana Gregorio is a hair stylist at Panache. She and her boyfriend, Jeremy is currently doing the long distance thing. Jeremy got a job down in Florida. Juliana and Jeremy have been dating since high school. Juliana loves Jeremy but she is tired of waiting and wondering if Jeremy will ever propose to her.

Michael doesn't know how much more he can take of his fiancée, Paige and her whiny ways. She comes from a rich family and thinks she can boss Michael around. When Juliana and Michael end up on the same flight, sitting next to each other, it is love at first sight. Neither one of them, expect to see each other again. What they don't realize is that their paths will cross, sooner then they expected.

Another good read from Marie Force. Her last novel, Line of Scrimmage was an instant hit with me. What I like about these books are the characters. They are people that readers can fall in love with. Plus the story lines are very believable. I liked that Michael and Juliana met on an airplane and that they are complete opposites. Like the saying goes...opposites do attract. Juliana and Michael share this great chemistry between the two of them. I can't wait to read more by this talented author. Marie Force is a force to be reckoned with!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love at First Flight was, September 11, 2010
as average as average can get. Michael and Juliana meet on a flight to Fl to visit their significant others for the weekend. They both have horrible weekends, Michael having called off his engagement with Paige and Juliana finding out Jeremy, her long time highschool sweetheart boyfriend is having curiosity issues because they are all eachother have ever known. Both being broken up (Juliana only for a 3 month break) they are on the same return flight as well. They fall in love pretty much immmediately. The whole book revolves around Juliana working out her feelings for two men and Michael just loving her and trying to win a huge case and put a very bad mobster in jail.

Spoiler alert below!!!

I really like Marie Force's writing style. She creates great characters, Michael and Juliana are well developed and you have a great interpretation of who they really are as "people". The average comes in for me because the things I didn't like completely counter balanced the things I did. The story itself and the conflicts between Juliana and Jeremy, and Michael and Paige is where I feel the book fell short. They just weren't believable to me. There was not enough of a conflict, on eiter side. Jeremy was a great guy. I would have honestly rather read about him. He loved Juliana so much and the climactic fight in the bar when Juliana finally decides she doesn't want Jeremy, didn't he have the right to be upset? I mean he was faithful and true to Juliana during their "break" and he finds out she was with someone else. I think that justifies a bit of bitterness and after that I really didn't look at Juliana as a "heroine".

I felt Michael and Juliana where a bit cheated on the deliverance of their story. I will definatley read Marie Force again but I will most likely be looking to the library instead of the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful romance, June 27, 2009
Juliana and Michael, both in long-distance relationships, meet the first time when they are waiting for the same plane. Right from the start they have a certain connection and can talk about nearly everything. Flying home some days later they share a plane again and both realize that nothing is like it was. Michael broke up with his fiancee and Juliana is on a three month break from her boyfriend Jeremy because he isn't sure if she really is the one he wants to spend his life with. Once again Michael and Juliana feel a special connection and when back home he helps her out because her car died they become friends and later even roommates. What begins as a friendship soon turns into a serious relationship. For Michael it's clear that Juliana is the one woman he wants to spend his life with. But Juliana still feels loyal to Jeremy who supported her over the years with handling her alcoholic mother and who gave her love and stability, two things she never had before meeting him.
In the end it's up to Juliana to choose the man she wants to spend her future with and decide what's really important in her life.

"Love at first flight" is an awesome book. Right from the start I enjoyed reading about Michael and Juliana. It's interesting to see them first in relationships with others and then together as a pair. The differences between these realtionships are really absorbing and show that love doesn't come in one only form. Michael is a great guy who knows what he wants and Juliana is a very loyal person who feels that the ten years she spend with Jeremy are too important to let go, especially because he is the only man (besides Michael) she was ever with. Juliana's conflict is very believable even though once or twice during the book I wanted to give her a good shake so that she comes to her senses about what really counts (and who's the right guy for her) but mercifully she manages to do this on her own at the end.
So all in all "Love at first flight" by Marie Force is a great book that you shouldn't miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars i hated it, February 21, 2011
Carrie (Newark, DE) - See all my reviews
SPOILER*

I got this book for free and wasn't expecting much, but I really hated this book. It was really long and just kept getting worse. Not only do they fall madly and deeply in love in about three days, but they had sex very early in the book, way before I had decided to even like either of the characters. They both almost die about five times, but what irked me the most was that she went back to her ex. She went back to her ex! seriously? In the end she does go back to the other guy eventually, after he waited a whole year for her, which didn't strike me as romantic at all, mostly just pathetic. The characters were well developed and I really wanted to see what happened to them, so I forced myself to read the whole thing, but the whole romance part was just.... not romantic. If he had waited to profess his love for her until she almost dies the second time, The book would have felt a lot more believable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad, February 7, 2011
This review is from: Love at First Flight (Kindle Edition)
The premise is a bit absurd - dump the guy who wants to see other people and be done with it! Instead, the heroine just can't seem to make up her mind during the trial separation. She's happy with the new guy, but can't stop being emotionally manipulated by the old. The ending was too neat to be realistic in comparison to the overwrought emotions and problematic family history of the prior chapters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't care for it, February 24, 2011
This review is from: Love at First Flight (Kindle Edition)
Personally, this is the first book I've read by this author and I'd be really hard pressed to read another one.

I didn't care for the fact that Juliana went back to her ex. When I read that, I was ready to throw my Kindle across the room. I mean, come on, really?

I also felt like it wasn't really believable. Michael and Juliana hardly knew each other and they were madly in love.

How many women would move into a strangers home?

I thought Jeremy was a wuss and didn't deserve her, but I don't think things should have developed into "love" so fast between her and Michael.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see a man waiting a year for her to make up her mind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it!, October 24, 2012
It started off okay, I was interested, kept reading but by the time the heroine got kidnapped, that was it. I went online and read spoilers about her taking Jeremy back. Are you kidding me??? And I like Jeremy better then Michael and Michael is the hero of this story.

Ugh....they fell in love way too soon. Especially from Julianna who was hopelessly in love with her long time boyfriend of ten years. She sure jumped in the sack with someone else pretty quick. And the ex-fiance, one minute she's the perfect person, perfect finance, then the next minute she a beyotch and you can't stand her.

This was my first read for Marie Force, I'm not sure I want to read more from her. I will give her a bit of credit though, I enjoyed the sex scenes. She wasn't skimpy on them like some authors are.

2.0 out of 5 stars This flight stalled out for me..., July 16, 2009
I loved, loved, loved Line of Scrimmage and so looked forward to another book by this author. Love at First Flight was a mess for me and I had to force my way through to finish it. For starters, things moved along waaay too fast, the secondary characters (particularly Paige and her family) were so cliche, there were too many issues to deal with (exes, troubled mom, money, trouble with work, etc), and I found the hero to be too good to be true.

Did I read the same book as others here? I'm really surprised at the highly rated reviews. I'm not giving up on Marie but next time will wait for her book from the library.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't stop thinking about the story!!, February 14, 2011
This story was filled with passion of relationships and the what ifs. I couldn't get enough!! I actually cried with Julianna and the heartbreak of being told "oh I might want someone else" The emotional rollercoaster of knowing that want and love for someone that you might not win in the end. I can't even put the feeling into words. I loved this book!!! I will definitely read more from this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting story with some cringe moments, June 11, 2010
I liked this book. It had a nice balance of suspense and romance. I'd probably would have given this book 4 stars if it wasn't for some eye rolling situations that were totally unrealistic (such as when 'hired gun' breaks into Juliana and Michael's house with the intention of killing her, but allows her a moment to go to the toilet, where she is able to call the police).
. also the gratuitous use of "i love yous" coming from all directions was cringe worthy. I thought the love between Juliana and Jeremy wasn't distinguished enough from Juliana's love with Michael. i found myself ambivalent at the end whether she chose Jeremy or Michael because they were equally effusive in the proclamations of eternal love.
3.5 stars