5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded My Expectations!
Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love by Marci Shimoff and Carol Kline exceeded my expectations. The book details how to love oneself and others...unconditionally. You know...like the great Masters have done. Buddha, Gandhi, Jesus, Meher Baba (lesser known, but he coined the phrase, "Don't worry, be happy.")

You might be thinking,...
Published on January 12, 2011 by Foodie Designer

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay
The stories from the Love Luminaries are interesting, but the rest of it is just rehash of stuff I already know. It tends toward the boring side and I have no interest in most of the exercises in the book. Maybe it's just me, but I would not recommend it or buy it again.
Published 6 months ago by L. Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded My Expectations!, January 12, 2011

You might be thinking, well, the masters achieved unconditional love, but how can I? Before reading this book, the closest I came to experiencing someone who is about unconditional love is with my spiritual teacher. I was on a weekend retreat, and we were in silence. We were to hug and look at each other in the eyes...when my teacher hugged me, I actually felt the heat from her heart against me! Her eyes were pure love looking into me. . I never thought I could reach that stage of development.

Until now.

This book aims at showing us how to live in the state of unconditional love all the time. Shimoff writes: "When you love and accept yourself completely, your old patterns of beating yourself up, criticizing and condemning yourself dissolve. Instead, your appreciation of others and your fulfillment in life grow."

Shimoff herself was challenged in finding love while writing this book, as she both divorced her husband and lost her beloved mother. But her research--she interviewed 150 people who had found unconditional love and the empirical evidence backing up findings on love--helped her discover love herself.

One of the key issues is that most of us are looking for love outside ourselves when unconditional love lies within. The cool thing is, Shimoff's research reveals how to make unconditional love happen with in us.

Part I lays out a new paradigm for love. You will learn how to set your love-body to receive love.
Part II is the how to and includes many inspiring stores.
Part III is about keeping higher love in your life everyday and channeling it to help make the world a better place for all of us to live.

Love is at the highest continuum....with fear and hatred at the lowest. Love is powerful stuff and this book will help you claim it.

One last note even though I am finding the advice in this book to be doable, it is by no means simple to change. I think we can all use more help. So when I read about Shimoff writing about how many of us eat empty, nutrient -depleted foods and live in environments with toxins that poison us, immediately thought about two of my favorite books to help. Mark Bittman's THE FOOD MATTERS COOK BOOK will teach you how to prepare delicious, nutritious foods that will help you feel physically and emotionally better. To clean up your environment and make it a sanctuary and make yourself feel good, read: HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT: BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME & YOUR PLANET.

Highly recommend. A powerful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is truly magnificent...., January 4, 2011
When I was given a copy of Marci Shimoff's Love for No Reason, my first thought was, "I adored Marci's last book, Happy for No Reason, but do we really need another book on love?" I mean, if you do an Amazon search for books on love, there are almost 300,000....hmmmmm...

With my skepticism intact, I sat down and began to read the book (which, by the way, is a page turner - unusual for a self help book!) and all I can think now is, "How can I get a copy into the hands of everyone I hold dear in my life?" Love for No Reason is unlike any other book on love (and I've read many). The quotes are inspiring, the stories from Marci's own life and other's are tremendously moving, the wisdom is deep and profound, and most importantly, the exercises and action steps are simple and clear so that you can immediately start using them and experience very real results in your own life (and your own heart!).

I often find books on love to be too theoretical or mostly just about romantic love. Although this book gives great fresh advice on the subject of romantic love, it can also realistically transform all relationships, even your's with yourself, so that every moment of every day you are grounded in love and love is leading the way.

I read the book cover to cover and now keep it by my bedside to read something inspiring before I go to sleep!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Doorway To Love Is Fully Open, December 5, 2012
This book provides some great insights into experiencing love and passion for yourself, others and dare I say, even your work! It's an inspiring book based on the idea that instead of trying to get the love you want from the outside, you bring love to everyone and everything around you. Another potent, life transforming idea is that of truly experiencing your emotions and feelings that come up, instead of masking or covering them over with distraction. This in turn enables you to experience true love and passion and you become a whole, centered person.

Another book I highly recommend is by Ariel & Shya Kane called How to Have A Match Made in Heaven. In their book, the Kanes present real life examples thru dialogue and accompanying videos of them working with clients in a question / answer format. The reader is taken on a journey of the client's transformations into ease, love and passion. Both books are recommended for anyone looking to open the doorway to loving fully in their own lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply inspiring and full of wisdom, December 30, 2010
I've devoured Marci Shimoff's new book in depth--much more than I do with most books I read. In short, I found this profound book on love to be utterly magnificent! Marci so powerfully and sensitively captures the essence and spirit of unconditional love. I was often deeply moved by her touching words, tender stories and personal style. I found my heart gently massaged by her message and uplifted by the very spirit of love--which somehow quietly leapt off the page into the healing spaces of my depths. Most books are quite informational, but few books are deeply transformational--Love for No Reason is, in spades. I'm fortunate to know Marci personally--when it comes to love and loving, Marci Shimoff is the real deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST pre-quel to self-help books, January 16, 2011
Regardless of your personal issues--anger, addictions, unhappiness and disappointment in love and life etc.--I strongly recommend that you first read "Love for No Reason." Use this book as a tool for developing a new love mindset and for stimulating new neural connections for kindness and acceptance for self and others in your brain! Just as you can't build a house on sand, you can't build your own house on a shaky foundation. Yes--buy other self-books that speak to you, but begin with "Love for No Reason." I have seen Marci Shimoff's concepts of unconditional love for the self and of being love work for my clients. I am both a psychologist and licensed clinical social worker, working with women and their love issues. My clients have taught me that one of the first things to do is address their struggles with self-acceptance. Marci Shimoff's starting point originates in unconditional love of yourself. When you respect what you've overcome and honor your efforts, you grow love from within--which then increases the potential for love in other. "Love for No Reason" is a terrific recipe of inspiration and practical exercises for being loving and bringing love. Big Five Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Love, October 2, 2012
Colleen Messina (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Marci Shimoff inspires me with her passionate quest for the power of love. She writes about the "ABC of self-love": Awareness, Be with the Feeling, and Compassion. If we first become aware of our feelings, experience them without trying to change them, and then bring kindness & compassion to ourselves, we will master self-compassion. I have taken her suggestion and I have found that it works! She also has stories throughout the book, written by "Love Luminaries". Love Luminaries are role models she interviewed who are famous spiritual leaders and teachers. These stories are insightful and profound. I highly recommend reading "Love for No Reason".

Marci Shimoff recently endorsed a new book by Ariel & Shya Kane named How to Have A Match Made in Heaven: A Transformational Approach to Dating, Relating, and Marriage. Marci's endorsement on this book is so helpful. The Kanes' new book is the best relationship book I've ever read. Marci Shimoff definitely has her finger on the pulse of possibilities that lead to greater love.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book, August 24, 2011
This is an inspired and inspiring book, an essential book.

In these times of impending ascension, it is imperative that we all open our hearts. This book is a key factor for us to achieve this goal.

In part II The Love for No Reason Programme Marci presents various doorways, one for each chapter, each doorway representing one of the seven chakras. She provides two love keys for each doorway together with useful exercises. She also includes many personal stories, told in the first person, to illustrate her theme. (I really enjoyed these stories, all of them.)

Throughout the book she cites innumerable "Love Luminaries", renowned, extremely loving persons, who have succeeded in opening their hearts. Some of these are well-known, others less so.

Marci presents innumerable valuable techniques by which we can open our hearts. She includes scientific evidence to back up her statements. Obviously, learning to love oneself is essential, and there is a complete chapter devoted to this.

One of the techniques I most enjoy is that of "beaming" love to people. I have previously just sent love mentally, but now I've learnt to beam love from heart to heart. I've been in ecstasy all day from doing this - it really opens the heart and makes it ache in a wonderful way. It is a delightful technique.

I've personally discovered that one can beam to large groups of people at once for an even stronger effect (on oneself). Marci states that if you beam love to dogs they notice (people generally don't) and look at you interestedly. I tried out the technique on a dog walking with its master in a park. The two were at least 100 metres away, perhaps more, on another path than myself, but the dog immediately turned its head and looked at me intently, as I continued beaming to it, until we'd moved away from each other. Even the dog's owner noticed that it was unusually interested in me, for apparently no reason.

This book is an absolute delight, the most enjoyable book I've read, perhaps ever, and also one of the most important. It is one I shall have to purchase. It's also a wonderful idea for a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Perspective, December 27, 2010
Marci Shimoff is a model of unconditional love--and shares her secrets in Love for No Reason. This beautiful book approaches living from a new and refreshing angle: BEING LOVE rather than looking for it outside yourself. What a gift and blessing to be able to access love as a state within yourself and radiate it to everyone and everything in your environment.

Marci's use of personal experiences, stories from others, and scientific research on the biochemistry of love make for easy but fascinating reading. Exercises within each chapter help the reader transform knowledge into immediate practical application.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to live in a deeper, more conscious way. You will be entertained, informed, inspired, and in love (for no reason)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Figuring Out Love, January 3, 2011
This book was extremely helpful for me. Like many people, I've been looking for love outside myself all my life, and now I'm excited to think I can generate that love inside myself. I found the 7-step program for creating an internal experience of love to be really effective. This is what the world needs now! Everyone should read this book and we won't have war anymore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marci is truly a tranformational leader, January 16, 2011
Dr. Karen Kan (Lake Placid, NY) - See all my reviews
What I love about Marci Shimoff is that she isn't just someone who writes "about" a topic. Rather she is open and willing to experience it first hand in her own life. The moment she signed the contract to write this book, the universe put her to the test. Her marriage dissolved (amicably mind you), three of her friends died and then her mother died unexpectedly.

Marci then had to use the tools she writes about in her book to feel the love in the very fiber of her being...to know, first hand, that love isn't about someone or something "out there", but an experience from within, that has nothing to do with one's circumstances.

Marci intersperses her teaching with interviews with love luminaries that radiate the unconditional love we all keep hearing about, with hard scientific evidence (like she does in her book Happy for No Reason) and personal experience. She isn't making this stuff up. This is for real.

This book comes at a time when chaos abounds in our lives...a perfect time really, to help us all stay centered in our soul-space of love, the place where all good springs forth.

Bravo Marci!

Karen Kan, MD
Law of Attraction in Love Author and Coach

Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love by Carol Kline (Paperback - January 10, 2012)
$16.00 $11.48