Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 8, 2010
I gotta say Israel never makes the same album twice. At first I found this release to be disappointing because I was looking to more "Moving forwards", "I Receives", "Just Wanna Say" etc..but I gave it another chance and realized besides how impressive the production..lyrically Israel conveys great/positive messages. While there may not be many praise & worship songs you can use at church, this album is more mainstream and can easily attract different types of people.

Standouts include: "Hosanna", "You Won't Let Go", "Others", "Our God", and "Name of Love".

Highly recommend this album to everyone: and to those who don't love it right away--give it another listen without trying to compare it to his previous albums..Welcome to the Love Revolution (4.5 stars)
on September 21, 2014
I bought this CD 4 years ago...I skipped through most of it and then tossed it aside to collect dust....my feeling was that it didn't speak to me like "Power of One" did (my favorite album from him until now :-) 4 years later, I decided to actually listen to the CD....it literally blew me away! His message is so simple, yet so strong and so relevant. Perhaps I was too immature to appreciate such a creative, beautiful piece of art back then....I mean, a whole album dedicated to talking about God's love and loving people? Won't it get redundant and old after the first few tracks with the same message? Not when Israel gets a hold of it and with his musical geniousness (made that one up! LOL had to!) fueled by God's anointing turns a seemingly simple message into a complex musical masterpiece.

I loved the album from beginning to end.....not even exaggerating, EVERY SINGLE TRACK IS EXCELLENT.
My favorites: "Yahweh(the Lifter)," "Love Rev," "Others," "You Hold my World," "Hosanna."
New Breed's vocals are on point (they sound amazing on "You Hold my World"). Music is on point...he has Fred Hammond playing bass on "Surprises." Album ends with an "angelic" sounding children's choir singing on "Hosanna." Just truly great music.

I've been a fan of Israel's since the "Real" album. I love how he doesn't box himself into one particular style of gospel music. He's not afraid to be creative, throw a little bit of rock in there, funk, jazz, soul, you name it, he's made a track at some point utilizing various elements of various musical genres and styles. He's a true musician in every sense of the word.

This album did not disappoint....and get this....as eye-roll-provoking as this may sound to some, it actually inspired me to go out and love people. Not just because Israel said to do so, but because Jesus said so first. Israel just had a way of communicating that message in such a powerful way to inspire people to obey Christ's command...which was the point of the album in the first place.
on October 7, 2010
I love the upbeat flavor mixed with juicy harmony. The production and arrangement of each track is done brilliantly. From track 1 to the last track, you are put on a roller coaster ride. I'm recommending this album to everyone I see. Every single song could be #1 hit for any secular radio station. This album should win a Grammy. You should buy this album because it wont leave your cd player or stop playing on your ipod.
on January 22, 2011
I have loved Israel since hearing "Taste and See" and have never stopped listening or looking out for new music from him. I was surprised by The Power of One "I Receive" and "Sing Redemption's Song". I couldn't wait for Israel's new music and instantly fell in love with the single "You Hold My World". Once I purchased the CD though, I instantly fell in love with "Hosanna" and to have this Indonesian worship song (Sid Mohede) is so Israel. He is one of the most creative anointed songwriters and producers in Christian Music. His technique, tone, and approach to music is so heavenly sounding that it's a wonder how he made it. I love listening to the chord progressions and the different arrangements that Aaron Lindsay, Tommy Sims, and him use in creating their music. Mercies is my go to praise song when I want to dance. My love for Fred Hammond is equal to Israel so to have them collaborate on Surprises and hearing the end "He's crazy about me, Daddy, you're madly in love with me", to the 1960s "You Won't Let Go". Please don't get me started on "Love Revolution" which makes you sit down and think about what you are doing as a Christian. Because of Israel, I have a whole new approach due to "Love God, Love People".
on June 29, 2014
Had not picked this up when it originally came out. More studio sounding and synth backed than some, it still has the unique musical viewpoint of a master praise song writer and performer. There is a reason why so many of his songs are heard in churches around the world, but they also stand alone outside the sanctuary and in today's world.
on November 10, 2010
Basically, if you liked, "The Power of One" you will probably like this album. I would say it is a small step below The Power of One, but still good none the less. It is typical Israel - always some insane chord progressions that will leave you utterly baffled (Yahweh), and always at least one song that provides a brand new sound that you have never really heard a gospel artist explore before (You Won't Let Go, Name of Love)

Worth the purchase.
on December 10, 2011
I was on a music buying roll this summer, and "Love God. Love People" was no exception. Israel manages to bring a different, more soulful, old school style to this album, and it works absolutely wonderfully. "You Hold My World" and "Hosanna" were certainly inspired by the Creator Himself, as they just fill me with love and awe for God every time I listen to them. And "Love Rev" is manages to be catchy, creative, challenging, and inspiring all at once! Don't expect Israel's traditional sound when buying this album, but you will nevertheless be greatly rewarded.
on February 8, 2013
I like all of the tracks and adore quite a few to the degree of making those in the car with me a little disgruntled because I repeat them so often (most of the time we just sing and worship along). I am looking forward to choreographing a dance to 'Our God' because...WOW.
on October 7, 2010
Done!!! And the Grammy, Steller, and Dove for best record of the year goes to Israel Houghton for Hosanna (Be Lifted Higher). If you do nothing else ever in life, please hear and listen to this song. It will lift you out of what ever situation you may be in. I can go on for days, but I won't. On track 10 it was great to hear Fred on the bass, great duet, about time. To be fair, I didn't particuarly care for the Kirk Franklin song, track 9 (different audience). Israel has done it again yall. Heavy bass on Name of Love. Track 6, and 7 will move you into a higher place of worship also.

I still have The Power of One in my c.d. changer, sorry but Love God, Love People took the top stop. As this review is being written, my wife is being moved with tears, not because of who Israel is, but because of the anointing God has placed on this young man.

Israel, stay TRUE TO THE GOD OF OUR FATHERS and He will continue to bless you.
GET THIS C.D. AND YA'LL RADIO STATIONS NEED TO PLAY IT!!! DONE!!!!!!!
on June 18, 2012
I heard one song on the radio from this artist that I loved some years ago. On sale, I listened to snippets from this album and liked what I heard. I LOVE THIS GUY! I have this CD and also The Power of One and I love them both. I like many types of music, but am committing to listening to more gospel/Christian. The diversity of his music alone is so great. Reggae, Rock, Alternative, Gospel... I love it! I know there are many other old gems to recover and I will do that once I start to tired of these (which may take a few more years).