Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon April 15, 2014
Wow! I wasn't thrilled by the song samples I listened to here and I worried that too many strings could make this an album of elevator music. My love of Joan, though, compelled me to buy the album anyway (was there ever any choice?) and I have soundly thrashed myself for having doubted her sensibilities. Although the melodies may sound familiar (nothing groundbreaking in that aspect), everything else about this mellow and soulful album is just beautiful. By the end of the song "Train", we can tell this album is one of Joan's best. Joan's voice and the beautiflul musical arrangements meld into a result that is gorgeous.
on April 8, 2014
I've been listening to Joan's albums for years and have loved listening to her artistry mature. The level of song-writing expression and musical mastery on this album surpasses anything I've listened to this year. Every song a gem, my favorite (right now) is "Where We Start", followed by "Work on Me", while "Keep it Underground" reminisces some of her Motown covers. The attention to detail in the production and mix are refreshing, put on the headphones and enjoy!
Joan Osborne's new CD "Love & Hate" is another strong outing by this exquisite artist. My initial favorite that already zoomed into my personal top 10 is "Mongrels" with its driving beat, some stinging electric lead guitar & Joan's passionate soulful vocals, "It was an island of bliss in this ridiculous place, but now the river runs black; & I don't know the way back." "Up All Night" is another pleaser, a love song, with Joan's relentless vocal attack backed by a pulsing arrangement, "Sometimes the moon, Sometimes the tide; We are the horse; We are the ride." "Kitten's Got Claws" is another stunning track that builds in romantic resentment with Joan's vocals loaded with edge, "I want every tear back that I cried." Other favoritesinclude "Keep It Underground" and the heavy title track. Joan co-wrote & co-produced the set; so this is very much her sound. It's great. Enjoy!
on April 16, 2014
I really enjoy listening to an artist develop and rift on new ideas. This is a great addition to her list of stunning work. If this is your first Osborne album, go find more and devour it. Already a fan? You won't be disappointed. I love the sound, the risks, the emotions, and the passion that sets her apart as an artist.
on July 5, 2014
Love & Hate has been done with tremendous craftsmanship. Joan Osborne is an outstanding vocalist and writer. It is surprising that she is not received as much attention as she deserves nationally. This particular CD has utilized several musical genres. I would highly recommend every song on this CD.
on April 29, 2014
Joan Osborne continues to grow on me! I have thoroughly enjoyed her music starting with her earliest album. Her latest work is much more polished but her beautiful voice still shines through!
on April 18, 2014
One of the things I like, about Joan Osborne, is that she doesn't do the same thing over and over. This CD is nothing like the previous. There are some beautiful slow songs (with string instrumentation), and some rockin' songs too. And then, there is her fantastic voice. I read somewhere that Joan had been working on these songs for a long time. Well, the work paid off.
on April 19, 2014
Joan Osborne's still got it! She belts out song after song with those powerful pipes and then drifts into the next song with an equally delicate voice. Should've named this one hard and soft, but love and hate works nicely.
on April 21, 2014
Long time Joan Osborne fan, loved her last original CD "Little Wild Ones." This CD is different from her last, "Love & Hate" is more mature sounding, intimate with Joan's excellent vocals this cd is a must have for any Osborne fan.

Stand out on this CD are " Train" and the infectious "Up ALL Night" there are no radio hits on this CD, but a solid collection of songs and sounds written or co-written by Osborne.
on May 25, 2014
As always, Joan Osborne delivers a disc with great music and lyrics. The perfomances are delivered in a manner to make you think AND feel.