4.0 out of 5 stars Forgiveness is the Miracle
Published on January 14, 2001 by Mary R. Bast

3.0 out of 5 stars Fear and Love
When I first learnt that the opposite of Love is Fear, I thought why hadn't I been informed of this as a child. Our world has got it all wrong! If only everyone knew that we are all coming from a base of fear and that as we let it go, slowly our love can start to flourish. This book illustrates so well and clearly how fear is holding us all back. We may not like to relate...
Published on April 9, 2010 by Dr. Gunta M. Caldwell

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgiveness is the Miracle, January 14, 2001
Mary R. Bast (Gainesville, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Dr. Jampolsky has applied the principles of A Course in Miracles to "lessons for personal transformation." He suggests a daily practice of relaxation, active imagination, application, and review of each lesson, repeating the program until the lessons are part of your life. These are powerful practices that can rid us of wasting energy on fears, judgments, and grievances; freeing us to live in the present with joy, openness, and wholeness. When we hold onto grievances we tend to use the past to predict a future in which we must be cautious and avoid being hurt. In contrast, giving love to others unconditionally will bring us the love that we all need. Forgiveness in this light does not mean that we tolerate behavior we don't like; it means correcting a misperception that we have been harmed; it means noticing our thoughts that create a fearful external world, choosing instead to see love in the world and to appreciate our common bond with others. "The world we see that seems so insane may be the result of a belief system that isn't working," Jampolsky writes. "Our old belief system assumes that anger occurs because we have been attacked. It also assumes that counterattack is justified... If we are willing, it is possible to change our belief system. However, to do so... means letting go of any investment in holding on to fear, anger, guilt or pain."

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is a gift for you and those you care about, July 4, 2000
This is one of those books that you can pick up and flip to any page and find something soothing, inspirational and practical. In years past I used it almost like a sleeping pill. I would be riled up about some situation and inevitably, Jampolsky's simplistic, rational, truthful words would reach my heart and calm me to sleep.
All I can say for sure is that my life works better when I apply the philosophies of this book. It's extremely simple to follow yet so profound. I find it goes right to the heart of the matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Book for Everyone, May 11, 2005
This review is from: Love Is Letting Go of Fear (Paperback)
I purchased this book 4 years ago, after a car accident left me in chronic pain. At that time, I quite honestly didn't know how to handle the loss of my career, my hobbies & my independance - a lot to deal with all at once! Needless to say, I was scared beyond belief!!! Plus, since the accident was caused by another person who just wasn't paying attention, I had a seething anger toward this person who I didn't even know (and I still don't even know her name!).

Back then, someone recommended this book to me, and it was a tremendous help! The first time I read it, I just wasn't ready to let go of the negative feelings I was harboring - but a couple of years later I read it again, and it has made such a difference in my life!

In a nut shell, Dr. Jampolsky discusses the concepts of love and fear - defining fear as the absence of love. He shows how, in order for us to live a life filled with love, we have to let go of our fears - and to do this, we need to get rid of our need to analyze & contemplate the negative experiences of our past and the potential for negative events to occur in our future - we need to let go of the "what ifs". Stop waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Much of the info. included in this book is drawn from "A Course in Miracles", although you don't need to have an understanding of "the course" to gain from the insights in this book - I still haven't gotten around to reading "the course" myself.

If you like Marianne Williamson's writing, you'll definately enjoy this book by Dr. Jampolsky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help for when you are feeling so, so sad., December 23, 2002
One afternoon my emotions were at a rock bottom. I needed help. Out of all of the books available in a Unity Library/Bookstore, this one drew my attention.
I took it to a quiet restaurant. I had about 5 hours between church and time to go to work. Within 2 hours I had read the book and found a new way of looking at everything that had me so down. (A previously good relationship had gotten very unpleasant and was close to changing drastically. My financial resources were very low and I didn't know whether I was going to be able to pay my rent when it came due.) I realized that by using the principles presented in this book, I could, in an instant, go from sadness to joy, just by changing my perception of any situation.
I notice that many of the other reviewers say, "This book changed my life." I am one more person saying the same thing. If you're ready for real help to feel better, this will give it to you. I strongly recommend this book to you if you are hurting for any reason and if you don't want to hurt anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book of love and healing., November 15, 1999
By A Customer
This book is the very first source by Dr. Jampolsky that I ever read. I had the opportunity to attend a workshop in 1998 that Dr. Jampolsky facilitated ,along with his lovely wife Diane. These two human beings are the most loving people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They presented a message that brought me out of despair to a life of joy, hope, and expectancy. My Higher Power used this awesome message of peace and hope to get me in recovery for a myriad of addictions. I have replaced self-loathing and bitterness with unconditional love for myself and others.(Of course, I fail everyday but I never give up trying to be God's light in the world.) THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE IN ANY KIND OF RECOVERY PROGRAM. I am very grateful to my Higher Power for allowing our paths to cross in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where there is Love, there is no Fear...., February 13, 2001
....I was not a big fan of the ponderous "A Course In Miracles" and its workbook or its repetitive nature. Neither, it seems was Jampolsky. But somehow he got thru it and here helps distill it and make it easy to understand for even the thick headed like me. Actually, I discovered Jampolsky's work thru the seminal, semiautobiographical work "Teach Only Love" which also delineates the Seven Principals of Attitudinal Healing based on the teachings in "A Course..." and the work he does at the Center for Attitudinal Healing in Tiburon.
I am surprised that Dr. Jampolsky does not get as much PR as that other big cheerleader of "The Course..." Marianne Williamson, but, he probably doesn't trip on it. I mean, the message may be interpreted differently, but it's just the same and any good word in today's times should be cherished.
Whatever ailment you have--mental or physical or financial--the cure is Love. (That is the truth among many truths.) Discover "how to..." in this work. It is truly a treasure with gems of joy and it will be a tremendous aid in your Search....

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure and Simple, July 24, 2000
By A Customer
This small but powerful book let's me know that I have a choice in my thoughts and actions--that there are only two states of emotion and the two can not co-exist at the same time. It reminds me to choose to stay in love with life. Dr. Jampolsky's message has remained with me ever since I first read his book. It is a staple on my library shelf as a timeless piece of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Is Letting Go of Fear, May 23, 2003
By A Customer
A few years ago, I found this book that totally changed my life. This book is about how to change your way of thinking. In short, it talks about how people who have experience a negative disappointment or experience in their life tend to think that life repeats its and live in the frame of mind "waiting for the other shoe to drop".
It discusses:
-Why one thinks that way
-How to over come it.
-How to let go
This book applies to all those who are human and makes mistakes. If there is one book I would ever recommend, this is it!!! It is a light read of only 144 pages. It is short, sweet and straight to the point. You could knock it out in a day and be on your way to a happy mindset. If you are ready to change your life and way of thinking, this is the book to do it with!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent intention and ideology, September 29, 1998
This book seeks to help people become aware that many times, past experiences that were negative often influence our current thoughts and expected future experiences. It seems this is true, and it is a trap for people who are wearing these 'glasses' to see new things. The book does, indeed, say that love is letting go of fear, in the sense that this fear is the expectation that one will relive or re-experience negative experiences. If one lets go of that expectation, it is easier to see things as they really are, without expectations, in a child-like manner. I thought the book was sweet and well intended and one can feel the hope of the author. I encourage people to read this, if they need reminders that the present or future is not necessarily dependent on the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a life changer!, May 5, 2004
By A Customer
A friend of mine advised me to read his book when I was down and out, lost all hope, and was beginning to feel that the world is just a bitter place full of people desperate to take advantage of each other. As you can tell from some of the reviews for this book, there are people like that (because they live in fear) but this book taught me that there is so much more! When we are afraid, we see the world as such a hostile place and are never able to open up and appreciate the beauty of life. We become aggressive, defensive, and disrespectful of many things. When we let go of that fear, we are able to embrace the beauty of everything and everyone despite the flaws they have. The authors of this book explain this very nicely but there is another book that explains this exquisitely! It is a book called "The Ever-Transcending Spirit" by Toru Sato and it is an absolute must read as well! If you are ready to let go of fear, this book will be a life changer!

Love Is Letting Go of Fear
Love Is Letting Go of Fear by Gerald G. Jampolsky MD (Paperback - April 13, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.97