Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Love Letters [VHS] forum

Love Letters in dvd form

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2008 4:49:42 PM PDT
S. Cates says:
When will this film be available in dvd? It is my favorite Jennifer Jones movie, and deserves to be transfered to dvd.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 3:29:14 PM PST
J. Beneda says:
Dear S. Cates,
This is one of two of my favorite Jennifer Jones/Joseph Cotten movies (The other obviously being "Portrait of Jennie"). They are two of the most brilliant movies ever made...........with real pathos and a real plot that overwhelms the viewer in both cases. It is amazing to me that "Love Letters" is still not available on DVD and I checked TCM who has shown the movie and usually offers their movies on DVD. I hope someone with a brain will make it available soon.

J. Beneda

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 4:03:46 PM PST
S. Cates says:
Dear J. Beneda:

I am a big Jennifer Jones fan, and LOVE LETTERS is one of her best. I, too, cannot understand why a dvd is not available. I don't even see it on cable, and if it is there, I just miss it. Thank you for joining me in my opinion of this great film. They do not make them like that anymore. Let us hope that someone will wake up someday and make this film available for purchase on dvd.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 7:48:20 PM PST
Dear S. Cates I also love the movie love letters ,I do have it on vhs my VCR is broke and I dont think I will buy another, all I buy now are DVDs I have signed up on TCM for it to come out on DVD over a year ago and never hear a thing about it. maybe it wont come out on DVD ,you think that it would because a lot of people are asking for it. it is such a gem and the sonndtrack is just beautiful. please let me know if you hear anything about it. Thanks Carol R.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2009 11:51:17 AM PST
S. Cates says:
Dear C. Richardson:
Thanks for your reply. Maybe if enough of us gang up on TCM and the similar movie sites, someone who can do something about it will actually do just that-- bring LOVE LETTERS to dvd. I, too, love the soundtrack--the title song has always been a favorite of mine. Thanks again for sharing my interest.

s. cates

Posted on Mar 10, 2009 1:04:13 PM PDT
Iowahawkeye says:
This film is owned/distributed by Universal, and that's your problem in a nutshell. Universal & Paramount BOTH give shoddy mistreatment and/or neglect to their vast library of classic films. Universal usally only releases 4 classics a year in the Spring, and Paramount is hit and miss without any sort of notifications as to what to expect or when. The best thing to do is to keep posts like this alive and to also notify TCM. Studios are known to check both.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2009 1:09:10 PM PDT
J. Beneda says:
Thank you very much for this information, Warren. I really appreciate it. I loved the movies with Joseph Cotten and Jennifer Jones paired. They were wonderful. I have "Portrait of Jennie," but, as you said, it is available from TCM.
Another one I would like to have is "Song of the Open Road" which was Jane Powell's first movie. TCM has it but they haven't or won't release it to DVD. So I am still hoping on both of them.
Thanks again, Janet

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2009 11:51:18 AM PDT
Iowahawkeye says:
If you find out the studio who distributed/released the movie, that will let you know how hopeful to be. Like i said, when it comes to paramount or universal, don't get your hopes up. lol But if they're Sony, WB, or MGM, you'll have a chance. Same with UA or Fox. Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Love Letters [VHS] forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Love Letters [VHS]
Love Letters [VHS] by Jennifer Jones (VHS Tape - 1998)
4.6 out of 5 stars (41)