5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story of love, perseverance through faith
Published on December 30, 2011 by SFH

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
I read the first two books in this series and was looking forward to reading the final one. It is vey disappointing as it does not flow like the other two or really fit in.
Published 4 months ago by zooey

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story of love, perseverance through faith, December 30, 2011
SFH (Tennessee) - See all my reviews
i have read the 2 previous books in this series & looked forward to reading this book. The first chapter starts out with a situation that immediately catches your attention & through out the book the author(s) take you from one situation to another. The main thrust of the book is about people & their relationships, w/some sinister characters which create some intrigue.

Very well written & I high recommend the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring story of love and faith - Highly recommended, December 21, 2011
Jade is worried that she cannot trust her husband, Max, when he returns from rehab due to an addiction to pain pills. She has concerns that he will begin using again, and she is still recovering from finding out he had a baby with another woman. A baby that was supposedly conceived just one week before their marriage. Jade has fallen in love with the baby, Asa, now almost 2 years old and has been caring for him while Max was away at rehab, but a newly discovered secret may take Asa away from them. Max is also turning their world upside down when he decides he wants to leave his family's law firm in Tennessee and move to Texas, where he was in rehab, to coach the failing high school football team. Jade puts her faith in the Lord while learning to trust Max again and while they forge a new life in the face of secrets and adversity.

This book is beautifully written, and I really enjoyed reading it. It is very inspiring and touching, and it brought tears to my eyes. The main idea is simply about always putting your faith in the Lord and let Him lead you in the decisions you make. Not just during the easy times, but also when you are struggling, experiencing adversity, or following your dreams against all odds. Sometimes the right choice isn't always the easy choice. I would highly recommend this book. I now have the other books in this series and other books by Rachel on by TBR list.

(A copy was provided by the publisher for review. I was not required to give a positive review.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Conclusion, June 10, 2012
I read the second book in the Songbird series when it came out last January. I finally had the chance to pick up Love Lifted Me, the conclusion over the weekend and was NOT disappointed.

After months apart, Max returns to Whisper Hollow to repair his marriage and father his two-year-old son. Jade struggles with trusting the changes she sees in Max, and Max vows to remain patient. As they attempt to find their rhythm, Max is offered the chance of a lifetime--as a high-school football coach in Texas. Alone in a new place with a new dream for their future, Max and Jade encounter one challenge after another--threatening their marriage, their family, and their new life.

As I began reading, I wished I had a better memory of how the previous book ended. A few pages in, though, I was completely caught up. I appreciated how the authors wrote the back story into the novel while still moving the current story along. Max and Jade's story was so realistic and one I think many readers will be able to relate to in one way or another. Who hasn't been let down by someone they love? Or made choices they later regretted?

I'm a huge football fan, so of course, I loved that aspect of the story--especially the relationships that Jade and Max developed with the players. Coaches should take an interest in their players' lives and care about more than just wins or losses, and that was one of the great lessons of this book.

Love Lifted Me lived up to every expectation I had. Romantic, emotional, funny, and full of redemption. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment spent reading it and was sorry to reach the end. I highly recommend this beautiful series (but read them in order!) and hope to see more from the authors soon! [5 stars]

I received a free copy of this book from Thomas Nelson via Net Galley in exchange for my fair and honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Lifted Me, February 7, 2012
A story about a family struggling to stay together and heal from past hurts. Jada and Max have suddenly received custody of Max's young son, Asa. Jada is smitten with Asa, although his existence is a daily reminder of lies and addictions. When the story begins, Max has overcome his addiction to painkillers and Jada is trying to trust him again. They are learning to be completely honest in everything and to lean on God even when it's painful. Especially when it's painful. Max gives up his law firm position (he's on probation anyway) to coach high school football in small town, Texas. It turns out to be completely different from what Max expected. Max has worked hard to restore his reputation and this job came with small town politics that threaten everything he's worked so hard for. Their newfound love and commitment to God and each other is the only thing that keeps Max and Jada going.

My thoughts?

*This is the third book in a series (The Songbird Series). That makes no difference. I didn't even realize it was a series until after I read the book. I've since learned that the previous books are the backstory that's mentioned here. But this book gives enough of the back story that the other books are not necessary to understand this one.

*It's a good story. It's a bit overly melodramatic at times, but still enjoyable. Yes, it has the token happy ending where everything neatly falls into place and life is wonderful again. Those endings get tiring when you read a lot of books like I do, but for a book like this, you wouldn't expect anything else.

*It doesn't sugarcoat how hard trusting God in all things can be. It also shows what complete faith in God looks like in a very real way.

*Overall, if you like Christian fiction (chick-lit style), this is a good one to try. I may not read it over and over again until it wears out, but it still earned a permanent spot on my bookshelf.

note: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for my review. Opinions in the review are my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Lifted Me, December 22, 2011
From the back of the book: "Jade and Max share a deep love, though revelations from his past have recently shaken their marriage. And Jade is completely smitten with Max's little son, Asa, whom she is now raising as her own. Their blended family brings her joy she's never known. But there is one more secret to be uncovered. One that will impact them all.

Max is doing his best to "man-up" and prove himself worthy of Jade's devotion. As well as that of his young son. It seems like life in Whisper Hollow, Tennessee, will pick up where it left off until Max is faced with an unusual opportunity - leave his family's law firm to coach high-school football in Texas.

Realizing a fresh start will bring healing to their marriage, Jade takes the leap of faith and moves with him and baby Asa, bidding good-bye to her beloved Blue Umbrella shop.

The new beginning in quaint Colby, Texas, is soon sullied when Max discovers the high-school program isn't all it seemed. While Max struggles to rebuild a once glorious football team, Jade wrestles with news that could break Max's heart...and change their lives forever."

My review: A great book to read with the lessons of love, forgiveness, and trust written throughout the pages. The authors, Sara Evans and Rachel Hauck, did a great job writing a story that is down-to-earth and practical. The circumstances surrounding the plot could happen to anyone. The lessons are practical for everyone. As you read you will want to cry, yell, give advice, and cheer. A book that will have your emotions changing from one scene to the next as you read. I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone that likes to read Christian fiction. I received a complimentary copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers through their Booksneeze blogger program in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stepping out in Faith, March 3, 2013
I couldn't have chosen a better book to read at this time in my life. Like Max I am considering a career change after 25 years. I have to step out in Faith that God will lead me where He wants me to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful End to a Wonderful Series, January 7, 2013
Although co written with Sara Evans, who provided the concept, this writing is Rachel Hauck's. I could feel her all in this book and the previous two.
This book ends the Songbird series.

Max Benson returns home to his wife Jade after being in rehab for an addiction to Percocet. Jade has been raising his son from a previous girlfiend, who Max had slept with on his bachelor party weekend. The girlfriend is now dead and Jade resists at first but falls in love with littla Asa, nearly 2 years old. Max comes home changed after an awesome encounter with God, but does Jade have it in her to really trust him?

Max wants to go to Texas to coach high school football and wants Jade to come. She goes but then things begin to take a downward turn. There are so many awesome moments of raw emotion in this book, it's impossible to describe the affect they have on this reader. I sobbed, great heaving sobs in places, became mad in others and wanted to draw these characters to me for a hug and just love on them.

This is a story of trust, forgiveness, redemption and joy. If you don't read this series, you will be doing yourself a great disservice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Lifted, October 15, 2012
Michelle Dennis Evans (Gold Coast, Australia) - See all my reviews
When I saw this book on the Booksneeze site, a few things intrigued me... Sara and I have the same last name J and the Sara is a singer/song writer - I had high expectations.
Love Lifted Me was well written and the story flowed well. The themes of forgiveness and letting the past go were strong and mostly well developed through the book.
I wasn't expecting the American Football storyline to be quite as involved as it was. Unfortunately, I don't understand the game and found myself skimming pages at a time when `plays' or `positions' were detailed in technical terms.
Another thread which many readers will love is one of vintage clothing. I'm not into vintage and again, I felt lost in detailed prose.
Despite my getting lost a few times, I did find the ending satisfying. Overall, this was an enjoyable book.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com [...] book review bloggers program.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lifted Me - A Songbird Novel, By Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck, August 28, 2012
Jami Johnson "JamiJ123" (Springfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Synopsis: A fresh start is a gift. So is having a hand to hold.

Jade and Max share a deep love, though revelations from his past have recently shaken their marriage. And Jade is completely smitten with Max's little son, Asa, whom she is now raising as her own. Their blended family brings her a joy she's never known. But there is one more secret to be uncovered. One that will impact them all.

Max is doing his best to "man-up" and prove himself worthy of Jade's devotion. As well as that of his young son. It seems like life in Whisper Hollow, Tennessee, will pick up where it left off until Max is faced with an unusual opportunity--leave his family's law firm to coach high-school football in Texas.

The new beginning in quaint Colby, Texas, is soon sullied when Max discovers the high-school program isn't all it seemed. While Max struggles to rebuild a once glorious football team, Jade wrestles with news that could break Max's heart . . . and change their lives forever.

Review: Jade and Max are a couple that are loved by all. They are real people with real problems. There is so much that goes on that they still find their strength in God and each other. This is a book about life, people and relationships - real situations for real people. They find strength to trust God and let Him lead them. It is a good reminder - one that is needed from time to time. :)

I personally loved this book and the whole series. I highly recommend this book. It reminds you to trust him - in all things, at all times, thru all things.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this sweet book!, June 21, 2012
When I saw that country music star Sara Evans had written a book, I was pretty excited to get my hands on it. I had no idea that she, along with Rachel Hauck, had already written two books prior to this one. "Love Lifted Me" is the third in the series of Songbird Novels. And if this book is any indication of how the other two books in the series are, then I most certainly would like to read them, as well.

"Love Lifted Me" by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck is an endearing story of a young Christian couple's journey through life. Even though they are believers, it doesn't mean that they have an easy ride along the way. Life has thrown them quite a few curve balls, leading them into places they never would have imagined, showing them just how strong they really are.

I enjoyed the simple faith with which the main characters, Jade and Max, share with each other. They were able to express their love of Jesus and fear of the unknown, with no qualms. They both knew all along that trusting in God was what kept them going and that no matter what, they would be okay. They both knew He was guiding their way, as long as they trusted in Him. One of the two main problems they encounter along their journey in their new hometown honestly has a slight cheese factor to it. It just doesn't seem realistic to me. That was the only part of the story that I didn't really get into.

The rest of the storyline was interesting and sweet, while the characters were loveable, believable and yet again, endearing. I read the entire book with the picture in my mind of a sweet couple just trying to make it in this big world. That made the book such a nice, easy read. I recommend "Love Lifted Me" to anyone who enjoys Christian fiction.

Love Lifted Me (A Songbird Novel)
Love Lifted Me (A Songbird Novel) by Rachel Hauck (Audio CD - January 3, 2012)
$29.99 $21.53