I Love Lucy: Ultimate Season One [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The first season of "I Love Lucy" that aired between 1951 and 1952 has 35 memorable episodes:
1. "The Girls Want To Go To the Nightclub": For the Mertzes' anniversary, Ethel & Lucy want to go a nightclub, but Fred & Ricky want to see the fights.
2. "Be A Pal": Thinking their marriage is going cold, Lucy joins Ricky for a poker game, then turns their apartment into a Cuban getaway.
3. "The Diet": To be in one of Ricky's shows, Lucy must lose 22 pounds. No steak for Lucy.
4. "Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying to Murder Her": Lucy's mystery-book reading makes her suspicious of Ricky.
5. "The Quiz Show": Lucy goes on a game show to win money after Ricky cuts her allowance.
6. "The Audition": Lucy sneaks into Ricky's latest show as Buffo the Clown.
7. "The Séance": Reading horoscopes & numerology, Lucy gives Ricky bad advice; but tries to fix it with a hilarious séance.
8.Read more ›
When season one was first released, it was huge and expensive. Knowing how much I wanted the show, I ignored the price and bought it. Now, over a year later, we get a set more in line with the other three released to date. Now there are only seven discs, and it's much thinner. This takes up a fraction of what the original did on my shelf. Yet all the extras and quality are still there. Believe me, I checked.
So what do you get? You get the 35 official season 1 episodes plus the "lost pilot" that was found and released several years ago. The episodes have been restored and they haven't looked this good in years. Picture is original full frame black and white and sound is original mono. While there is occasional dust and such in the picture, for something 50 years old, this is pretty amazing. Bonus features include behind the scenes trivia and photos, guest cast information, restored footage (some of which is a hoot), the original animated opening, and a total of thirteen episodes of Lucy's radio show "My Favorite Husband" that inspired certain episodes.
For me, I find some of the episodes near the start of season 1 to be rather slow and not as funny. This is a common complaint of mine with most TV shows. The writers and actors need time to find the characters before things really take off. Still, there are some early gems like "The Diet" and "The Fur Coat.Read more ›
Save money and save space and wait till MAY 3, 2005 to get this version which is the way it should have been done in the fist place!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have been a big fan of I Love Lucy & Lucille Ball. When I seen this, I knew I had to purchase them for my mother. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Alexis Segura
What can I say "I love Lucy",she was definitely one of the best female comedians of all time.Whether I need a pick me up or just want to laugh these DVDs are my go to. Read morePublished 1 month ago by DAPONT
We purchased the original DVD's of the seasons back in the day. We were excited about a bluray but wondered how they could make a 50's show HD. Read morePublished 1 month ago by mel cahoon
Love season 1 and I love Lucy. This is a great season and so original. If you want to laugh outloud or enjoy comedy with your family, this is it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Micele
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|they've got to be kidding!||
The price will drop before release time. Andy Griffith is the same price for Blu-ray but the same DVD version is $15. The Blu-ray price will drop to make it compete with the DVDs, guaranteed.
Feb 7, 2014 by Rushead 2112-Hemispheres | See all 13 posts
|Special Features On BluRay||
I'm interested in finding out the extras as well.
Oct 7, 2014 by R. Rodriguez | See all 2 posts
|Colorized? or Not?||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Classics
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV