Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on December 22, 2009
I have heard Glynis several times on Coast to Coast AM and have always thought she was intelligent and wise, so I was eager to read her newest book, "Love by the Numbers." I'm very glad that I did, because I learned a lot about myself and I also received confirmation about a relationship I had in the past.

I did a full chart for me and a particular ex of mine. Our numbers were fantastic, both for our "goes by" names and our birth certificate names. We had a real soul mate connection via our birth names, and even our Destiny and Maturity numbers were natural matches. Is it any wonder then that I had the feeling from our first date that he was a person I could love for the rest of my life?

But Glynis warns repeatedly in her book that addiction, mental illness and a person living the negative side of their numbers can massively skew your experience of the vibration that attracted you to a person at the start. I absolutely experienced this. Depression, alcoholism, drug use and suicide raged through his family for generations and had already started to get a grasp on him. Unfortunately, I was already in love with him by the time I realized this information. I was also young, and very inexperienced, and didn't see a lot of red flags early. To cap it off, I am a Lifepath of 3 and we tend to try to "fix" and "rescue" people until we learn that you can't. It simply does not work.

The breakup was long and painful. I had a lot of self-judgment for years because I simply could not understand how on earth I could have let someone treat me SO badly and still love them. It made no sense to me at all. I finally had to learn to accept and forgive myself for staying in spite of lies, persistent toxic criticism, cheating and being shut out. I still loved him even when I broke up with him, and was depressed for almost a full year afterward because he wasn't in my life. Not healthy at all!

When I read Glynis' book and saw the numbers and what an incredible natural match I was to my ex, I realized that it was completely understandable for me to fall in love with him. But as she warned, you MUST have discernment at the beginning, no matter how strongly you feel, until you know for a fact a person is not under the influence of mental illness, addiction or living the negative side of their numbers. For your own sake, don't take on someone so wounded and disconnected that they are going to make *your* life a living hell. Love yourself more than that.

What took me years and years to forgive and figure out on my own would have taken me only a day to figure out and forgive if I had had Glynis' book back then. I wish I had a time machine so I could take a copy back to the day after the breakup. I would show up, tell myself to READ THIS NOW and to move on! My life would be extremely different if I had! :)

I also wish that everyone had their full charts done, with all of their numbers (including Destiny and Maturity numbers!) pinned to their chest like a HELLO MY NAME IS badge. Life would be much more simple and easier to figure out. "Oh of course I feel repelled by that person! My goodness look at all those 4's in there!" lol

It is a great thing to be able to let go of the past, but the really great thing about this book is that it will work for the present, too. I now have the tools from Glynis' book to get a person compatible with my own vibration, now and for the rest of our lives. Glynis did her part; now it's MY job to avoid a person living with negativity, addiction and mental illness. No more "fixing" anyone for me!
55 comments94 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
I believe "Glynis Has Your Number" is a better book about numerology. In this other book she explains in more detail about numerology. I understand that the "Love by the Numbers" would be more popular because everyone is looking for a fast fix to hook up romantically with someone else. However, if you really want to understand numerology, the "has your number" book is, in my opinion, better. In general I equate Glynis McCants with the (1960s/70s) author, Linda Goodman's "Sun Signs" about astrology. I found some interesting parallels between McCants' explanations of numerology and Goodman's explanation of astrology. It is all entertaining and I found some fundamental truth in both.
F. Parker
on November 7, 2009
I have read all 25 chapters of Glynis McCants's "Love By The Numbers" and i must say that her book is an amazing compilation of work. It is an easy read for anyone to understand and Glynis explains all of the numerological concepts in simplified terminology. This stuff is scary accurate. You will get excited and this crazy world we live in will begin to make sense to you. You'll begin to realize and understand peoples behaviors and why they do what they do and say what they say. I've read dozens of numerology books by many different authors and in reflection i would recommend Glynis' McCants books time and again as the leading author in teaching numerology to anyone that is interested in this emerging field. I'm President/CEO of a small business i started in NorthEast,Ohio and i've used Glynis's teachings in my own business and personal life and have been very successful. Thank you Glynis and keep them coming! Deshay S McClinchy
0Comment29 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2009
Love by the Numbers: How to Find Great Love or Reignite the Love You Have Through the Power of Numerology

She's done it again! Glynis helps us make sense of our relationships in a way that is entertaining and very real. Glynis' delicious humor is evident, she is witty, fun, personable, it all comes out in the book; along with information relative to making our life enjoyable, and most of all our relationships healthy and positive. This approach also peels away our own layers, giving us the joy of seeing ourselves with truth, to allow us to be our best self along with bestowing the same to others.
I wondered why I could not have a meaningful relationship with a family member; once determined she is a 4,7 and I'm a 3,6,9 it took all the pain and personalization out of the equation. It was so simple -- that's what is! We are each free to be our best 4,7 and 3,6,9 without finding fault with each other or trying falsely to get along. Glynis gives us tools to accommodate life richly. The relief for each of us has been profound and lasting. Quality of life improves immeasurably.......thru truth and understanding.
Do yourself a favor, read this book, you will be giving yourself the gift of understanding as you have never known before. We strive to be our best, now you have the tools to create your very best self quided by understanding and love. Thank you Glynis, we are forever in your debt, our hearts filled with gratitude. You have helped us greatly.
It was fun to see the why and why not of famous couples healthy relationships. You have given us a glimpse into the inner workings of human frailties and positives that are the backbone of our time here on earth. Thank you Glynis, you are a light shining brightly.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
I gave "Love by the Numbers" to my 15 year old granddaughter for her birthday. She absolutely went bonkers. She loves horoscopes so when I saw Glynis McCants on Dr. Phil I thought numerology might excite her also. She cannot put this book down---she is doing charts for everybody she knows--so she was able to absorb and understand this completely. She told me I never have to give her another birthday gift - she loves it so much she wants to marry it. It is so great to give a gift that opens a brand new door for someone---and I am so glad she has an edge on the dating scene--she is charting every boy she knows. This book really taught her alot about herself and all her family members also. It has opened up a new understanding of all types of relationships and I only wish I had read it at 15. This is a great book and it is easily understood.
on January 17, 2012
I LOVE this book. Just the book I needed to help me understand the struggles and powerful connections I feel in my close relationships. Glynis' description of each vibration calculated by numbers were right on target. She's like a psychologist describing human nature with the power of numbers. Accurate! The book is not only insightful but an enjoyable read. We're all made up of energy/vibrations and this book helps identify & relate to the uniqueness we each bring. If you're looking to improve on the relationships you already have and/or a guide to picking the right love for you this is the book! Buy your copy and be fascinated with what you learn about yourself and others with numbers!!
on March 7, 2012
I LIKE THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT GIVES ME AN ADDITIONAL TOOL TO HELP ME IN THE SELECTION OF PEOPLE I ALLOW IN MY LIFE. THEY SAY KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND THIS WILL HELP ME TO HAVE AN ADDITIONAL TOOL TO SUPPORT THAT LITTLE VOICE THAT KEEPS TELLING ME "NOT THE ONE", WHICH AT TIMES I IGNORE TO MY DETRIMENT.
on October 7, 2012
I was introduced to Glynis through John Edward, and was intrigued by numerology. I bought this book thinking it would be an overview of numbers but was i wrong. This book is a very intense and in depth look at all the numbers their meanings, who would be compatible with whom and how to get all of your numerology. If you are interested in finding out if they are the person for you, or even your own numerology this would be the book to go to. Awesome. Thanks Glynis.
on January 24, 2010
I love this book. I read it in one day and have done my relationship as well as a few others :) I read Glynis Has Your Number earlier - which is also great. But if you're looking for info on your relationships - turn to this one. It gives more detailed information.

I especially love the chapters:
* Every Life Path Love Combination: Have You Truly Met Your Match?
* Loving Your Partner's Life Path Number: Just the Way They Like It! (people write about their turn-ons & turnoffs)
* Glynis Shares Her Secrets!

The celebrity case studies are also fun. Personally, it has given me hope - while we have 3 challenge numbers, our maturity number is a natural match (it's only gonna get better!), we're soul mates, and we have some mirroring. Thanks Glynis!! It's awesome.
on December 13, 2009
I really enjoyed this book!! Glynnis has hit the nail on the head with this one! My numbers described me to a tee! If my numbers correctly describe me, then they must describe my new significant other. If this is to be the case, then the book will help me know about my other half and how he thinks without me having to guess, which has been the case here!! I have found what she has said to be true about the man I'm currently dating. It has helped me better understand my new guy. I have already recommended this book to many of my friends and they said the same thing. If you want a heads up on someone you're really interested in, then this is the book for you!!