Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Love Of The West
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 4, 1999
In the album, Love of the West, Red Stegall is at his best....The poem Grandma's Chest will take you back to the way things used to be and the song, "The day the songbird died" will break your heart. It takes you on a covered wagon journey with a couple of newlyweds from Tennessee all the way to Kansas where you suffer through drought, dust storms and the threat of Indian attacks. The only color in the bride's life is a tiny yellow songbird that eventually dies.....Leaving her with nothing but the drab life of the Kansas Plains. If you are a romatic at heartl you will love this bittersweet ballad and Red Stegall's western drawl is the icing on the cake. 10 stars for this one cut....... and five for the album.
on February 2, 2001
I stumbled upon "The Love of the West" by accident after hearing the song "When the Roses Bloom Next Spring". I was so taken by this song that I had to find and buy it. I found it indeed on this album.
All of the songs and stories contain meanings anyone can relate to. Red's lyrics and verbal descriptions will take the listener to the dance in "Belle of the Ball" and who doesn't have something they cherise from "Grandmother's Trunk". The relationship of loved ones that grow old together in the "Quarter Circle Y", or the loyalty and love in "Frenchie McCormick" or the meaning of a true friend in "Visalia".
The Love of the West is a MUST have!
on November 27, 1999
Great album. I would like to know the name of an old Red Stegall album with the song "IF THE WALLS IN THIS OLD HONKY TONK COULD TALK" I would also like to know if the above named album is available
on May 26, 2000
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful music that will lift your spirits no matter how down you are. I loved "Belle of the Ball." I would like to find which album contains the "Westfalia Waltz" and "Bandera Waltz" by Red. Can anyone help? "If the Walls in this Old Honky Tonk Could Talk" is on the LONE STAR BEER AND BOB WILL MUSIC cd.
on July 29, 2002
This album really tells where we came from.It tells of our history,but more importantly it tells of our values.A totally outstanding CD.It makes me proud to have my roots in Texas and our beloved United States of America.
on November 1, 2007
This is such a great CD. I listen to it one track at a time - to savor them. You have to listen, because Steagall has things to say. Best tracks are: Red River Rose, and The Day The Songbird Died. This CD is for the romantics among us.
on January 4, 2015
Red Steagall consistently pleases fans of the old west lore with songs which appear personal and poignant. This spokesman for the western frontier has produced another winner.
on September 29, 2008
AN EXCELLENT ALBUM, AND IF YOU ARE JUST A LITTLE SENTIMENTAL, THE CUT #7, "MY PARDNER", WILL BRING TEARS TO YOUR EYES.
on December 7, 2012
Not one of his best albums ever made but still a good one to have for your Red Steagall Collection
on September 15, 2014