Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You are NOT Capitol "Duophonic"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2006 8:35:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2006 8:02:57 PM PDT
This thread is for Laurence Upton from Wilts, UK, who posted a review on August 31, and to others who have written a review or has placed any comments on this forum regarding the fake stereo versions of "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You".
These songs are NOT Duophonic stereo created by Capitol. They DO NOT contain echo or reverb synonymous to Capitol's Duophonic process. Fake stereo for these songs were originally created by EMI of the UK, using an EQ separation process--treble or "highs" on one channel and bass or "lows" on the other--with NO echo. They were first used for the vinyl stereo issue of the "Please Please Me" LP on Parlophone, due the fact that the original 2-track session masters were "misplaced" after mono mixdown masters were created. These fake stereo masters were first sent to VeeJay for use on the 1st pressings of the 12-cut stereo version of "Introducing The Beatles" LP in 1963 (2nd pressings had those 2 songs deleted and replaced with the songs "Please Please Me" and "Ask Me Why"). The same fake stereo masters were later sent to Capitol for use on the stereo issue of "The Early Beatles" LP in 1965. Again, no echo or reverb were added to these songs. I have explained, in detail, the differences between "Duophonic" (Capitol created) and EQ'ed (EMI created) fake stereo on earlier threads. Please read them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2006 10:07:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2006 10:07:56 AM PDT
The masters of "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You" were 2-track, not 3-track.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2006 1:52:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2006 8:04:18 PM PDT
Oh, yes you're right, Tom--they were 2-track. That's what I meant to say. Thanks for pointing that out! I went back and edited my previous post! :)

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 2:15:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 2:15:46 AM PDT
Alvin S. says:
Personally, I don't mind these fake stereo mixes at all. They are very well done, and the closest we will probably ever get to proper "Stereo" mixes of 'Love Me Do' and P.S. I Love You'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2014 8:48:23 PM PST
JNagarya says:
And those two-track recordings were unmixed mono, not stereo.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Capitol Albums Vol. 2 (Brick)
The Capitol Albums Vol. 2 (Brick) by The Beatles (Audio CD - 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars (183)