4.0 out of 5 stars Title does no justice, May 8, 2009
This review is from: Love Planets (Paperback)
The text "Love Planets" is a very well written astrological text that has been a part of my collection for some time. The title betrays the true value of this text because the direction and information between these covers does not focus as much on "love" as one is led to believe. However, the book does an excellent job of characterizing the most significant aspects of the astrological chart. It is during the final chapters that the author provides some room for you to create a natal chart and compare it with a partner's. I use this book primarily for the author's "astroscripts" which are their way of describing in a very non-astrological way our perceptions of life based on the position of the planets in our chart. My only regret is that the information provided with regards to casting a natal chart only goes up to 1982. Time for an updated version!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's More Than the Sun Sign, June 5, 2001
"ladylucero" (Red Bluff, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Planets (Paperback)
You don't have to believe in astrology to enjoy this unique book. All you need is the birthdate (and, hopefully, hour) of your Significant Intended. With that information and "Love Planets," you can calculate the astro-gurus' opinion of your chances of success as a couple.
For it's not just your "sun signs" that matter. Four other factors are equally important.
This entertaining manual helps you find not only the familiar sun sign, but also the ascendant, moon, Venus and Mars of your potential mate. You then plot the compatabilities and conflicts with your own five prime signs and follow a clear scoring system to tabulate your results.
Will your combo be a "standing ovation," or will you have to "bring in the play doctor"? Chart the data, run the scores, and then, for fun, read the scripts (to your date, if you dare) for someone, say, whose Mars is in Taurus, with sun in Aquarius, Venus in Virgo, moon in Aries, and Scorpio rising.
Do you agree with the book's first-person narratives for your respective signs? Do you recognize yourselves, or do you think it's pure hokum?
Whether or not you take it seriously, this astro-rating guide to amour is just plain fun...to read, to score, and to share. Keep it beside your datebook--you'll be referring to it often!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used this for years..., April 8, 2014
Suzanne "Suzanne" (LE CLAIRE, IA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Planets (Paperback)
Its a great learning book. If you want the gist of how astrology works this will help, it also scores relationships by a somewhat simple test, though complicated to complete, simple in that it doesn't cover aspects between people, just signs, etc. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had this book way back in the late 90s..., February 17, 2014
Michele Barber (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Planets (Paperback)
and wanted to get it again, for old times sake. A fun way to astrologically analyze your relationships without getting too heavy or deep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book wish they would update it for younger people, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Love Planets (Paperback)
I love this book I do astrology tarot, numerology . This book is a big help on seeing if couples are compatible. Love Planets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, September 13, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Love Planets (Paperback)
I have owned this book for quite some time and every time I use it to analyze my own or someone else's relationship, the descriptions fit exactly. I have not found an easier to use or more expansive book on astrology and relationships. I highly recommend it. This is one of my favorite astrology books.

Love Planets
Love Planets by M. J. Abadie (Paperback - May 15, 1990)
$22.95 $19.23