Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Love Poems
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.74

on January 29, 2001
I loved this book. This book contains a poem for every stage, every feeling that love encompasses. I enjoy the hard-edged angry Nikki, but I also appreciate this softer, warmer side of her. I think the fire and passion are still there, just packaged more softly. One of my favorites is "I Wrote a Good Omelet." If you've ever loved anyone or hope to someday, you should appreciate this one.
on July 14, 2012
Giovanni has earned honorary degrees and awards. Her present book, Bicycles, is a collection of poems that serve as a companion to her 1997 Love Poems.
Her poetry is romantic, bold, and erotic. She writes about the physiological reactions of seeing a lover or loved one. Tastes, hearing, touching and the power of memory are expressed in several pieces. Giovanni emphasizes that love can be experienced everywhere at all times from many sources and it can lift anyone from the depth of tragedy.
There is something for everyone in this very sweet and enjoyable collection.
on March 3, 1999
Hide "Love Poems" behind all those other scholarly, trendy, "book club-y" books - Hide it like you hide your new Victoria's Secret from you old lover - only to surprise him later. And when the time is right, do so. "Love Poems" adds a wonderful twist. It is real, seductive, poignant, and everything love is but you're afraid to stay out. loud. I LOVE IT & so does my BELOVED.
on January 28, 2014
Because of your book in the middle of the night, without warning, my heart was stolen by your poetry. It left a note declaring that it's running away with your words and never coming back ...I can't say that blame her. However, despite her reckless intentions, I find her hiding quite conspicuously in the creases and folds of your next verse. My heart may be enamored but it's never been an expert at hiding.
Love,
A heartless English teacher.
on February 9, 1998
WOW! Thank you Nikki for reminding us how much we can learn from someone who has had long-lasting love. I bought this book because it was an Amazon Valentine recommendation and it made me want to throw my arms around my love the moment I finished it.
from "Love Is" :
Some people forget that love is tucking you in and kissing you "Good night" no matter how young or old you are
on May 2, 2016
For the poet enthusiast this is a great little book by a renown African American poetess. The poems are hip and street smart. Poetry to the point. If you want to read some witty and loving poetry at the same time, this little book is a must-have!
on March 12, 2014
What can a person say about your writing? Marvelous........................................ These poems took me somewhere; can't quite name the place, but I'll tell you, it suuuuure was a beautiful feeling. Thank you Ms. Giovanni, like Oprah said: "you are one this country's greatest living LEGENDS'
Sherese H.
on July 17, 2014
This books warmed my heart & soul. These love poems are not just for lovers, they are for sisters, brothers, mothers, dads, family and friends. It speaks to the love we have for the people in our lives that are important to us.
on March 15, 2013
As expected Nikki Giovanni's Love Poems are sassy earthy and speak to the heart. Don't let the simplicity of her poems fool you. These poems give voice to the most intimate of feels to just raw lust. Better than I hoped.
on May 16, 2011
LOVE Poems is a very interesting poem book that can be enjoyable for anyone. Nikki did a great job at capturing the essence and spirit of Love. I love her earlier works and I love these pieces just as much. I enjoyed every poem in the book.